Why Backup Alienware Computers?
Alienware is an American computer hardware company, belonging to Dell, Inc. The Alienware computer, just as its name implies, unique alien-theme design computer designed for gaming users. As time goes by, your Alienware computer will hold plenty of data like installed games, programs, personal documents, work files, pictures, and other essential data. However, your data may be damaged for different reasons:
Fire and others.
So it’s essential for you to backup critical data or systems before something bad happens. And then, you can recover your Alienware computer back to its normal state quickly.
Backup Alienware Computer with AlienRespawn
How to backup Dell Alienware computers like Alienware Alpha, Alienware 17, Alienware 15 to prevent data loss? This first option - Alienware Respawn may occurred to your mind.
Alienware Respawn(known as AilenRespawn, Dell Backup and Recovery, or DBaR) will help you a lot. AlienRespawn is a backup and recovery tool preinstalled all Alienware computers to protect all your things, like Windows operating system, installed programs, settings and personal files.
With the help of AlienRespawn, you could:
Perform Alienware factory reset.
Create rescue media for your Dell computer.
Backup your data, or system.
Here is how to backup Alienware computers:
1. Run AlienRespawn software -> Click Backup.
2. Then tick Create Recovery Drive -> Factory Backup, then Select a device: USB flash drive or discs, and click Continue.
3. Select your USB flash drive and click Start to create a system bootable backup.
If you want to access AlienRespawn during system boot while system boot failure, please refer to:
1. For Windows 8/8.1: Press F12 during boot, select AlienRespawn / Dell Backup and Recovery from the boot menu. Then perform system restore.
2. For Windows 7, Press F8 during startup, select Repair Your Computer > AlienRespawn / Dell Backup and Recovery, then restore files as you wish.
However, there are some shortcomings should be aware:
You might stuck in “Alienware Respawn not working” problem when trying to restore your system to factory settings.
Alienware Respawn only support Windows 7, 8, 8.1, not for Windows 10 or 11. If you are using computer upgraded to Windows 10, try Dell Backup and Recovery (DBaR) version 1.9.
If you purchase a brand new Windows 10 computer or use Windows 11, both AlienRespawn or Dell Backup and Recovery (DBaR) version 1.9 does not help. In this case, you need to use third-party reliable backup software.
Backup and Restore Alienware Computer Safely in Windows 10 or 11
To backup Alienware computer in Windows 10 or 11, you could use AOMEI Backupper Standard, which is a free but professional Dell Alienware backup and Recovery software. Thanks to its intuitive interface and outstanding performance, all users can hand backup and restore operations well. With it, you can:
create system backup, disk backup, partition backup, file backup and cloud backup.
schedule backup daily, weekly, or monthly.
backup only changed files or folders (with incremental backup) in a scheduled task.
save backup image to different storage devices, such as, external disk, USB drive, network drive, NAS, etc.
use t in all the Windows PC operating system, like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10, and 11, including 32-bit and 64-bit.
First of all, please download the free Dell backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, then follow the steps below to backup Dell Alienware computers in Windows 10:
1. Select Backup > Disk Backup in turn on the main window.
2. Click + Add Disk button to select the Dell Alienware Windows 10 hard disk as the source disk to backup. Input a proper Task Name if need be.
3. Choose a destination path to save the Dell Alienware disk image file. You can choose to backup Windows 10 to external hard drive, USB drive, network drive, etc.
4. Press Start Backup to backup Alienware computer, including Windows 10 OS, installed programs, settings, and user data.
Open AOMEI Backupper again. Go to the Restore tab and click Select Task or Select Image File. Select a location to save the backup image and click Start Restore. After a few mouse clicks, Alienware Backup and recovery will be perfectly done.
If you could not boot up your Dell Alienware, please create a WinPE bootable media first. Then, boot from the bootable media, and recover the Alienware computer with AOMEI Backupper Standard.
You can easily perform Alienware backup and recovery with AlienRespawn. If you use a brand new Windows 10 computer or Windows 11 computer, it's suggested to use AOMEI Backupper Standard for computer backup. With it, you can schedule backup your computer and save disk space as much as possible.
If you would like to upgrade your Dell hard drive quickly, please try the Disk Clone feature. And you can directly boot from it after cloning. For computers with different hardware, you need to use its Universal Restore feature. Just find the suitable way to get your goal achieved.