About Windows Server
Windows Server is a series of operating systems designed by Microsoft, used for enterprise or small business to run services over network, like enterprise-level management, data storage, applications, and communications. The Windows Server operating systems include Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 (including R2). The popular brands for Server include Microsoft, Dell, HPE (HP Enterprise servers), etc.
With time goes by, the data will occupy a lot of storage space in your Windows Server, and many programs running in the background, and you will get Windows Server slow performance. How do you speed up your Windows Server? Don’t worry, it’s strongly recommended to backing up Windows Server to other locations. Here, we will offer you the best server backup solutions for you in this essay.
Windows Server Backup Solutions
Generally speaking, the typical Windows Server backup solutions include Windows Server Backup.
However, the different Windows versions provide different server backup software:
For Windows Server 2003 (R2), NTBackup helps you to backup system state, files and folders to tape, ZIP drives, floppy disks, and hard drives.
For Server 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016, 2019, the Windows Server Backup and WBAdmin command line tool could help you out. (WBAdmin is the command line version of Windows Server Backup)
Currently, Windows Server 2019 is the latest version of Windows Server operating system and adds many new features, like Storage Migration Service (migrate data from old server to newer server), Manage storage with Windows Admin Center, or Synchronize file servers to Azure. Therefore, you could backup Windows Server 2019 to Azure easily. Besides, there is the third-party backup software for you to create backup for Windows Server systems.
Server backup Solution 1: Windows Server Backup
First of all, you might need to install Windows Server Backup first before backing up. Follow the steps to install Windows Server Backup:
1. Click Server Manager on the Desktop Taskbar. On the Dashboard, select Manage -> Add Roles and Features.
2. Hit Next >.
3. Choose Role-based or feature-based installation in Installation Type.
4. Choose Select a server from the server pool, and hit Next >.
5. Hit Next > in Server Roles window.
6. Tick the checkbox before Windows Server Backup, and hit Next -> Next -> Install.
Then backup Windows Server now, refers to these steps below:
1. Open Server Manager, Dashboard -> Tools -> Windows Server Backup.
2. At the right panel, click Backup Schedule to create a Windows server backup task. (or choose Backup Once to backup)
Server Backup Solution 2: AOMEI Backupper Server
Compared with Windows Server Backup, and other built-in backup tools, the third-party server backup software - AOMEI Backupper Server is more flexible and easier to operate, which offers the intuitive interface for you to backup and restore Windows Server. Here is how to backup files Windows Server 2019 in simple steps with the best server backup solutions:
Please download AOMEI Backupper Server 30 day free trial and have a try:
1. Execute AOMEI Backupper Server after installation, and then select Backup -> File Backup.
- If you have an AOMEI account, you can choose to backup files to AOMEI Cloud with the Cloud Backup feature. And it still offers you 1TB of free cloud storage in 15 days.
- If you are going to backup the entire hard disk in Windows Server 2019, please try disk backup.
2. Click + Add Folder or + Add File to add the Windows Server 2019 files and folder.
3. Choose a destination location to save the Windows Server 2019 file image backup.
4. Tap Schedule to create Server 2019 backup task via Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in.
5. Press Start Backup >> to backup Windows Server 2019 files and folders with Windows server backup solutions.
Wait for a moment, all the selected files and folders will be backed up in Windows Server 2019. All the above steps applied Windows Server 2003 (R2), 2008 (R2), 2012, 2016, and Small Business Server (SBS) 2003, 2008, 2011 as well. And above all also used for Dell server backup solutions. If you woule like to backup data to cloud, please try Windows Server cloud backup solutions.
Besides, you could create incremental or differential backup to only backup the changed or created data since the last backup. Or try real time sync to sync the changed or created files as soon as possible.
With the Windows server backup solutions, it’s easy for you to backup data on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, including R2. Windows Server Backup, NTBackup, Wbadmin or AOMEI Backupper, find the suitable solutions to backup Windows Server efficiently. For IT technicians, please try AOMEI Backupper Technician to enjoy more advanced features, like manage dynamic volume/disk, universal restore, command line utility, deploy images to multiple computers simultaneously within LAN, etc.