2 Quick Ways to Do Schedule Automatic Backup in Windows 7
Running a scheduled backup in Windows 7 can help you automatically protect Windows 7 data and files daily, weekly, or monthly.
Benefits of schedule backup Windows 7
Regular backup computer is a good habit to deal with data loss, but too many PC users fail to properly backup system and their data. Out of this reason, you may always be in the position of having to tell your families or friends that all of the family photos or financial information they have stored on your computer is completely lost. But you are not responsible for all of those damages, and it’s hardly recognized that everyone has the habit of backup in a timely manner.
Schedule backup is a good solution to backup regularly and keep all the data safe in the event of disasters. With Windows 7 automatic backup, you don’t have to remember to back up your files, if you want to backup Windows 7 automatically, its improved “Backup and Restore” feature may help you create safe copies of your most important personal files. With schedule backup, there is nothing to worry about even if you don’t have the time to backup your computer.
Make automatic backup in Windows 7 via the built-in tool
To set up Windows 7 automatic backup, Windows built-in tool is the first way to go. If you’ve never used Windows Backup before, the Windows Backup automatically creates a schedule for you, which you can change. You can follow the steps below to set up Windows 7 scheduled backup job:
1. Open Backup and Restore. You have two ways in the following:
#1: Clic Start and then Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Backup and restore.
#2: Type backup and restore in the search and select the best match option. This is the most direct way.
2. Then, in the Backup and Restore window, click Set up backup if you don't set up automatic backup before.
3. Choose a destination location to save the backup file and click “Next”. You can choose to backup files to external drive, USB or network location.
4. Click “Next”to let Windows choose if you want to backup all the user files and include a system image. To select non-system partition or other files, tick “Let me choose” as instead.
5. Review the backup task and click “Save settings and run backup” to backup files. By default, Windows create a schedule to run the backup weekly at 7:00 PM. To modify it, click "Change Schedule".
- You can change the backup settings under Back up or restore your files. If you’re prompted for an administration password or confirmation, type or provide confirmation.
- This software use incremental backup to backup only changed files.
- You are only able to delete backup files manually or keep one copy of system image with Manage space feature.
Flexible Way to Create schedule backup in Windows 7
Besides built-in Backup and Restore, you still can use the best automatic file backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to backup files automatically. Similarly, it supports daily, weekly, monthly schedule backup and you can further set backup date, time and intervals. The most frequency is every hour.
And it will help you prevent potential disk space usage issue with multiple features, such as, backup changed files with incremental backup, compress image to smaller one with normal or high compression level, etc. Most of them are default feature, you don't even have to set them up individually for them to kick in.
Please download this software and set Windows 7 automatic backup with the following steps:
1. Run Windows 7 automatic backup software - AOMEI Backupper. Then, click “System Backup” under the “Backup” tab.
2. Click the folder-shapped button to select a location to save backup image.
4. Click “Schedule Backup“ to set up automatic backup on Windows 7. You can choose daily, weekly, monthly. Optionally, click “Options“ > “Advanced“ and select high compression level.
5. Click “Start Backup” to add this schedule or directly start the first backup. It will create one full backup and then 6 incremental backups according to the schedule settings.
- To perform Windows 7 system restore, please go to Home > find the backup image > click Restore to make it.
- If you don't want to restore entire system backup, try Explore Image feature. It helps you mount all the partition(s) in the system image to a virtual disk and then you can view, copy and paste files in the Windows Explorer.
Now you know two ways to do schedule automatic backup in Windows 7. Choose one of them to backup your files, system, disk or partition. The built-in tool is a good software to backup files and system, but it does not directly backup files outside user account, entire disk, or non-system partitions.
And either way, it does not compress backup image, which may greatly increase the disk usage, especially in the long run. Thus, it's suggested to backup Windows 7 automatically with AOMEI Backupper. Its standard edition helps you alleviate this issue from different angle and the advanced edition is able to delete old backup image to release disk space.