Nowdays, the portable external storage devices, like USB flash drive, becomes the main choice of the data storage due to its cheap cost and convenience. There are many famous USB drives on the market, you can use Kingston, Patriot, SanDisk, Verbatim, PNY, Samsung, Transcend, and more. All of them can help you to backup data.
However, sometimes, you need to backup USB in Windows 10/8/7. Want to know more, see below and l show you why you need to backup USB drive and how to image USB with Windows 10 USB backup tool.
Why backup USB flash drive in Windows 10?
With the development of economy and technology, digital data plays an important role in today’s life. You are likely to store these data into the little USB drive, such as, camera pictures, design documents, personal files and other things, which are very valuable to you.
Besides, USB flash drive has become the main force of the bootable media when facing system failure or hard drive crush. The bootable USB drive contains the Windows Operating System files and other boot files, which is essential to boot the computer.
To keep the USB or the data on USB safe, you have to backup the common USB drive or copy bootable USB with USB backup tool. But What is the best USB image backup software for Windows? How to image USB drive easily in Windows?
AOMEI Backupper - the best free USB image creator
In Windows 10/8/7, there is a snap-in tool called Backup and Restore, which allows you to backup system and files. Why not use it? It allows you to backup system or files to USB, but you cannot backup USB drive.
To work it out, you need to turn to a third-party tool and you can find many many USB image creator on the internet. But which is the best one? Here, I strongly recommend you the best free USB image tool – AOMEI Backupper Standard. It can backup USB drive easily and efficiently in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (all editions both 32-bit and 64-bit). And It has some features you cannot refuse.
This freeware allows you backup USB drive to local hard disk, external hard drive, SSD, USB flash drive, network share/NAS, cloud, etc.
This freeware give you a chance to backup USB flash drive with Disk Backup or Partition Backup function.
This software offers you multiple small features, such as, encryption, compression, daily backup, weekly backup, monthly backup, USB plug in, differential backup, incremental backup, backup scheme, etc.
This software has a wizard-like interface, which can guide you to finish all the steps, even for beginner.
This software provides different users with different version of backup software. For beginners, you can use AOMEI Backupper Standard or Professional; For advanced users, you can consider AOMEI Backupper Tech or Tech Plus; For server users, you can take advantage of AOMEI Backupper Server.
How to create a backup with USB image tool in Windows 10/8/7?
Before you start to backup portable USB drive, you need to do the following things.
Connect the USB drive you want to backup with the computer, make sure it can be detected by Windows.
Computer with Windows 10 installed.
Prepare an external storage device, such as, External hard drive, another USB thumb drive. If you would like to backup USB drive to external hard drive, you have to buy one HDD or SSD.
Free Download USB image tool for Windows 10/8/7 - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Here are the details:
1. Run this program after installing; choose Backup -> Disk Backup on the main window.
2. Enter a proper Task Name to distinguish from other image backups. Press + Add Disk -> select the disks you need to backup -> click OK to choose the USB flash drive.
3. Choose a destination disk to save the USB image backup file.
4. It's highly recommended choosing Schedule -> General tab -> USB plug in -> OK, which allows you to back up USB to other storage device or backup data to USB automatically when the USB flash drive of the task is detecting
5. Click Start Backup to image USB pen drive in Windows 10/8/7.
After a few minutes, with the help of USB image creator, the USB flash drive will be backed up with a success. Of course, it depends on the data size of the USB drive, the more data you have, the longer time the process will cost. Then, keep the image file safe in case of the hardware crush. Besides, you could create bootable media with USB drive, or backup Windows 10 to USB drive, backup Windows operating system, backup individual file, etc. If you want to clone the operating system of Windows 10, you can upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional edition.
What does USB can do for you?
Do you clearly know what does USB can do for you? If not, you can see below and I list some common usage for it.
1. Create a bootable media. A bootable media can help you to backup data without loading the operating system (when system is corrupted or damaged).
2. Create a recovery drive for Windows. Like bootable media, recovery drive can be used to boot your computer and then repair it with a backup image if you have.
3. Create an installation disc. In the installation disc, there are many recovery tools, such as, Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, which can help you troubleshoot the disaster computer.
4. Install a portable version of Windows operating system. In Windows 8 and newer version, there is a feature called Windows to Go, which allows you to run portable version of OS on the certificated USB drive.
5. Work as a backup drive. To protect your data, you will need a backup drive. USB drive is very small and easy to carry, so many users are likely to backup to USB drive.
Wrapping things up
Although Windows provide you a backup and restore software, you cannot use it to backup USB. It can only be used to backup internal hard drive, system and files. Therefore, many users ask a third-party tool for help. In this article, I introduce you USB image tool for Windows 10/8/7- AOMEI Backupper Standard, which can help you backup USB flash drive, even a bootable USB. And it’s very easy to use, owing to a wizard-like interface.
Just download it and backup USB drive in Windows 10/8/7. If you are server users, you can use AOMEI Backkupper Server.