How to Install Windows 10 on Multiple Computers at the Same Time?
With Windows 7 end of support, and Windows 7 computer would not get the Windows security updates anymore. You would like to install Windows 10 to upgrade your computer. However, there may be more than one computer, 2 or more computers, can I set up and install Windows 10 on multiple computers at one time?
The answer is positive. Then, how to clone Windows 10 image to multiple computers?
Create Windows 10 Image with AOMEI Backupper
Download Windows 10 ISO file from the Microsoft then save it to NAS or network share, or free create Windows 10 Image with AOMEI Backupper Standard easily. Here is the steps of creating windows 10 backup for deployment:
Download free data backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, which is available for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10:
1. Open AOMEI Backupper Standard, choose Backup -> System Backup.
2. Select a NAS or network share folder to save Windows 10 image file, then click OK.
3. Tick Schedule -> Advanced -> Make Full Backup checked, and click OK.
4. Click Start Backup>> to create Windows 10 image file.
Now, after the Windows 10 system backup finished, you could configure the environment to clone Windows 10 image to multiple computers.
Configure Environment for Deploy Windows 10
Before cloning Windows 10 ISO image to several computers, it’s highly recommend to set up the environment by configure the following things:
Download AOMEI Image Deploy first.
Choose a Windows installed computer with fully functioned as the server computer (make sure the computer has AOMEI Image Deploy installed before setting it up as a server-side computer). The multiple computers that need to be deployed are called client computers.
Make sure the server computer (should be installed Windows 7 or higher system, otherwise, you have to download Windows AIK/ADK), all the client computers and the NAS or network share (stored Windows 10 ISO file) are on the same network segment of the same LAN.
Please be sure all the client computers support PXE boot (also called network boot). Then start all client computers and set the Network boot (PXE boot) as the first boot option in BIOS.
Please ensure the client computers has the same disk sequence number (typically disk 0) to install Windows 10 and remove other disks to avoid data loss of the deployment.
Deploy Windows 10 to Multiple Computers Simultaneously
Now, let’s clone Windows 10 image to multiple computers via network. Here are the steps:
1. Launch AOMEI Image Deploy, please tick Create bootable WinPE ISO manually (support adding custom drivers), and follow the instruction to Make WinPE (Or click Browse to select Windows 10 ISO file created by Microsoft), choose Enable DHCP option, click Next.
2. Start all the clients once AOMEI Image Deploy stating the service has started, waiting for connect… on the Client computers information option.
Then, all the client computers will boot into AOMEI Image Deploy recovery environment. Meanwhile, you will see the boot progress of each client computer (listed by IP address) on AOMEI Image Deploy window, when all the client computers connected to AOMEI Image Deploy service, and show Client computers connected, choose I confirm all the client computers which need to be deployed are online -> Press Next.
3. Now click Browse button to select the Windows 10 image file from NAS or network share on Select backup image file option, and configure the way to deploy Windows 10 on each client computer.
AOMEI Image Deploy can only recognize the image file suffix with .adi created by AOMEI Backupper.
Here you are going to set up the following things:
1) All: select all computers to deploy Windows 10 image at the same time. The more client computers, the slower speed the deployment will be. Or you could tick the checkbox before every client computer (listed by IP address). 3-5 computers are better.
2) Destination disk: input the destination disk number (probably the disk 0) to specify the disk to deploy the Windows 10 backup image.
3) Deployed computers: input the number to configure how many computers will be deployed every time.
4) Settings: you could enable computer name settings, if you would like to set IP, and plan to universal restore, please upgrade to AOMEI Image Deploy Technician.
4. Click Start Deploy button. Then you could view the image deployment progress of every client computer.
Then AOMEI Image Deploy will restore Windows 10 image file to every client computers, please tick Dissimilar Hardware Restore to make clients bootable.
After all the clients finished the deployment, you could set up shutdown or restart the clients. AOMEI Image Deploy supports other systems as well, like Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, including 32-bit and 64-bit, R2/SBS system.
Fix SID Conflict Error with sysprep.exe
Sometimes, you might get failed to deploy image due to SID related issues (IP conflict), SID is the security identifier, which is a unique ID number that a computer or domain controller use to identify you. Using the same SID on multiple computers in the same domain may cause many problems.
Now, you could use systprep.exe tool to remove SID from the computer that you create Windows 10 image from, then you could use the image to several different computer.
First of all, you have to create bootable media with AOMEI Backupper. Then follow the below words to remove SID:
1. Press Win + R key combination.
2. Enter cmd in Run dialog.
3. Then run the following commands one by one:
sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown
then boot your computer from the bootable media, then create a full Windows 10 backup, after that, deploy the Windows 10 image to several different computers with AOMEI Image Deploy.
It’s not easy to clone Windows 10 image to multiple computers, please read carefully and make sure every step set up correctly. Besides, if you just clone entire hard drive to another HDD/SSD, you could try AOMEI Backupper to clone.