Need to clone multiple computers over network
Cloning multiple computers over network is a way to save much time and efforts for companies on both the front end and back end of mass system deployment. Expanding a division or upgrading systems for an entire company can mean dozens, even hundreds of new machines that need to be loaded with the appropriate software and configured to work on your company’s network.
Ensuring that all of your company’s computers have identical base configurations is important for system-wide security updates, compatibility and speedy tech support down the road. Your technicians can painstakingly set up all the machines one by one with the exactly same settings. This may cause a lot of work.
At this time, some users may wonder if it is possible to configure just one machine and replicate the settings and data onto the other computers. Luckily, this can be achieved by cloning over network, and that is what AOMEI Image Deploy is good at.
Best freeware to clone multiple computers over network - AOMEI Image Deploy
AOMEI Image Deploy, the best free image deployment software, offers you the easiest way to clone computers over network. The main features of AOMEI Image Deploy are listed below:
How to clone computers across the network easily?
- Use free AOMEI Backupper to create a system image or disk image for the original master computer including all the applications, configurations and updates. Please note that the image file must be saved on a shared folder on the network.
- Start all the client computers and enter into BIOS to set the network boot (PXE boot) as the first boot device.
▶ Steps to deploy system/disk image to multiple computers
1. Download, install, and launch AOMEI Image Deploy on one of the computers within the LAN. Then, click "Create WinPE automatically" or "Create bootable WinPE ISO manually" to create a bootable ISO file, so you can boot up client computers over network.
Tip: To clone computers over network, there must be a DHCP server in your LAN. If no, please tick the checkbox before "Enable DHCP".
2. Once AOMEI Image Deploy shows "The service has started, waiting for connect...", start all the client computers and wait for them to boot up. When all the client computers have successfully connected to the AOMEI Image Deploy service, tick the checkbox before "I confirm all the client computers which need to be deployed are online” and click "Next".
3. Click “Browse” to specify the image you want to deploy and configure how to deploy it to client computers. After that, click "Start Deploy" to deploy image to multiple computers.
All: use this option to select all client computers in the list.
Destination disk: input the sequence number of the disk on which the specified backup image will be deployed. Normally if there is only one disk in the computer, it is 0. It is recommended to keep just one disk on each client computer for image deployment.
Deployed computers: specify how many computers to be deployed each time. The more computers you set, the slower the deployment speed will be.
Settings: you can set computer name, set IP, and enable "Universal Restore" here. The "Universal Restore" option will help to deploy image to multiple computers with dissimilar hardware. You may upgrade to AOMEI Image Deploy Technician to enjoy this feature.
4. Here you can view the image deployment progress of each client computer. Besides, you can choose whether to shut down or restart the client computers after the deployment is completed.
With AOMEI Image Deploy, you can quickly clone multiple computers over network. And it is a great option to clone Windows 10 to multiple computers simultaneously. Do make sure that you haven't forgotten an important setting or an important piece of software on the original master computer, since any mistakes you make will be cloned to all the client machines.
What’s more, AOMEI has another program called AOMEI Centralized Backupper which allows you to backup multiple computers over network on one central management console. If you want to protect unlimited PCs and servers within your company, you may choose AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus. It enables you to provide billable technical services to unlimited clients. It also enables you to copy installation directory for portable version creation.