Why need to clone multiple computers over network?
Cloning multiple computers over network is a way to save much time and efforts for companies on both the front end and back end of mass system deployment. Expanding a division or upgrading systems for an entire company can mean dozens, even hundreds of new machines that need to be loaded with the appropriate software and configured to work on your company’s network.
Ensuring that all of your company’s computers have identical base configurations is important for system-wide security updates, compatibility and speedy tech support down the road. Your technicians can painstakingly set up all the machines one by one with the exactly same settings.
You may wonder if it is possible to configure just one machine and replicate the settings and data onto the other computers. Luckily, this can be achieved by cloning multiple computers over network, and that is what AOMEI Image Deploy is good at.
Best freeware to clone multiple computers over network
AOMEI Image Deploy, the best free image deployment software, offers you the easiest way to clone computers over network.
Before you start to clone computers over network, you should first use free AOMEI Backupper to create a system image or disk image for the original master computer which is with all the applications, configurations and updates required. Please note that the image file must be saved on a shared folder on the network. Then, learn how to clone computers across the network via AOMEI Image Deploy from the next part.
How to clone multiple computers over network with AOMEI Image Deploy?
1. Download, install, and launch AOMEI Image Deploy.
2. To boot up client computers from Windows PE, you need to create bootable WinPE ISO file with one of the following options.
Tips: To clone computers over network, there must be a DHCP server in your LAN. If no, please tick the checkbox before "Enable DHCP".
3. Once AOMEI Image Deploy shows "The service has started, waiting for connect...", start all the client computers and wait for them to boot up. When all the client computers have successfully connected to the AOMEI Image Deploy service, tick the checkbox before "I confirm all the client computers which need to be deployed are online” and click "Next".
4. Click “Browse” to specify the image you want to deploy and configure how to deploy it to client computers. If you confirm, click "Start Deploy" to deploy image to multiple computers.
All: use this option to select all client computers in the list.
Destination disk: input the sequence number of the disk on which the specified backup image will be deployed. Normally if there is only one disk in the computer, it is 0. It is recommended to keep just one disk on each client computer for image deployment.
Deployed computers: specify how many computers to be deployed each time. The more computers you set, the slower the deployment speed will be.
Settings: you can set computer name, set IP, and enable "Universal Restore" here. The "Universal Restore" option will help to deploy image to multiple computers with dissimilar hardware. You may upgrade to AOMEI Image Deploy Technician to enjoy this feature.
5. Here you can view the image deployment progress of each client computer. Besides, you can choose whether to shut down or restart the client computers after the deployment is completed.
With AOMEI Image Deploy, you can quickly clone multiple computers over network. And it is a great option to clone Windows 10 to multiple computers simultaneously. Do make sure that you haven't forgotten an important setting or an important piece of software on the original master computer, since any mistakes you make will be cloned to all the client machines.
What’s more, AOMEI has another program called AOMEI Centralized Backupper which enables you to backup multiple computers over network on one central management console. If you want to protect unlimited PCs and servers within your company, you may choose AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus. It offers unlimited billable technical services to clients. It also enables you to copy installation directory for portable version creation.