Samsung Easy Migration Tool: What Is It and How to Use It
If you are using a Samsung computer, you may find a pre-installed program named Easy Migration. What is it and how to use it for data transfer? Read this article patiently.
About Easy Migration Samsung
Easy Migration is a software program developed by Samsung Electronics. Generally, it is pre-installed on most new Samsung computers. It offers a hassle-free method to transfer your data and settings from one PC to another. You can use it transfer a variety of data from your old PC to new PC, such as:
- personal data: e-mail, contacts, music files, videos, pictures, and documents
- system and application settings
There are two transfer methods offered for you: removable media or a network connection. To enjoy faster transfer speed, you may choose to transfer data via a wired network. Want to know how to use Easy Migration Samsung step by step? Please move on to the next part.
How to transfer from old PC to new PC via Samsung Easy Migration
To transfer data between two computers, Easy Migration must be installed on both the sending and receiving PCs. Here I’ll take transferring via a USB drive as an example. If you find Samsung Easy Migration doesn't meet your need, you can turn to a more advanced way to transfer data.
Transfer data from old PC to USB
1. Launch the pre-installed Easy Migration program on your Samsung PC by clicking Start > Samsung > Easy Migration.
2. On the Welcome to Easy Migration page, click Skip Intro in the lower-right corner. On the launch window, click Next to configure your PC's settings.
3. Select the current PC role as Sending PC and transfer method as USB Device, and then click Next.
4. Click the user account to display the stored files and folders.
- The System Settings and user profile folders are selected by default. You can clear certain check boxes if you do not want to transfer those folders.
- Click Manual Selection to browse and select other files and folders you want to transfer from your local drives.
- Click Next to continue.
5. The USB devices connected to the sending PC are automatically detected and displayed on the screen. Select a USB device to store the transferred data and click Next.
6. The sending PC starts collecting and sending data to the USB device. The data transfer status is displayed on the screen. On completion of data transfer, click Finish to exit the application.
Transfer data from USB to new PC
Before you start, you need to install Easy Migration on your new PC:
- Launch Easy Migration on your Samsung PC. On the launch screen, click Save install file to save the installation file on a USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive with Easy Migration installation file to your new PC and run Install.exe.
Now follow the guidance below to transfer data to your new PC:
1. Connect the USB device that contains the user data you want to transfer to the target PC. Launch Easy Migration and click Next on the launch window.
2. Select the current PC role as Receiving PC and transfer method as USB Device, and then click Next.
3. Select a user account from the Receiving PC drop-down list and click Next.
4. The receiving PC maps the selected user account and starts saving the data transmitted by the USB device. You can view the data transfer status on the screen. Click Finish when the process is done. You must restart your new PC for completing the data migration process.
Now you know how to use Easy Migration Samsung and you can see the advantages and disadvantages of this program from the following chart.
Samsung Easy Migration Pros and Cons
It transfers not only personal data but also system settings.
It must be installed on both the sending and receiving PCs.
Everything is in the same place as it was on the old PC.
The whole process is a little bit complex.
Is there a more advanced way to perform PC data transfer? Just keep reading.
More advanced way to transfer files from one computer to another
AOMEI Backupper Standard, the best free file sync software for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, can also help you with PC data transfer. Let’s have a look at its main features:
Before you start PC data transfer with AOMEI Backupper, you need to:
- Create a shared folder on the source computer.
- Set sharing options on both computers. Learn about file sharing over a network here.
Learn how to transfer files from old computer to new computer using AOMEI Backupper as follows:
Step 1. Download, install, and load AOMEI Backupper. Click Sync from the left panel and select Basic Sync.
Step 2. Edit the task name as you wish. Click Add Folder to select the folder(s) you want to transfer to another computer.
Step 3. Expand the drop-down menu of the second bar and choose Add Share or NAS Devices.
Step 4. In the pop-up window, type the IP address of the source computer and click the blue button at the right. Type username and password if asked.
Step 5. Choose the shared folder you just created to store the folder(s) to be transferred and click OK.
Step 6. Confirm the operation and click Start Sync to begin.
Step 7. On the target computer, type “\\(IP address of the source computer)” in the search box and press Enter to show the shared folder. You can then copy the folders in the shared folder to anywhere else on your new PC as per your need.
💛Popular way to transfer files from old PC to new PC:
Besides NAS, there is another popular way to transfer files from old PC to new PC - backup files to AOMEI Cloud with its Cloud Backup feature and then restore to the new PC. It offers AOMEI users 1TB of free cloud storage in 15 days.
And this method focuses more on data security, it will compress all the data into an image file and requires a file restore before you can use or modify it. So it's more suitable for continuous data protection.
To transfer personal data and system settings from a Samsung PC to another PC, you may use Easy Migration Samsung. To transfer files from any PC to another one, AOMEI Backupper is a better choice because it only requires to be installed on the source computer, let alone it enables you to sync local folders to OneDrive, etc.
Both Samsung Easy Migration and AOMEI Backupper Standard don’t support Windows Servers. If you want to sync files between Windows Servers, AOMEI Backupper Server is available. Just pick a data transfer tool according to your situation.