Many people may encounter “Network Path Not Found” or “PXE Error” when they deploy PXE server. What should you do if PXE error prompt shows in your computer screen? Through collecting questions asked in forums, or online tips, you will know some common PXE errors and its corresponding solutions in this article.
The error situation in deploying PXE server
The part of PXE error code
Some people will get such error codes:
PXE-E38：TFTP cannot open connection.
PXE-MOF：Exiting PXE ROM
After analyzing, the problems source from network or service configuration error. The following reasons will account for them:
- DHCP server or PXE server sides don’t configure well.
- Switch has been bound ARP or use Router that doesn’t respond ARP.
- Set DHCP identifier on DHCP server, but install Proxy DHCP service on other server. (the computer that runs DHCP server and TFTP server will directly connect to strip board and computers will only get IP address. TFTP will inform ARP timeout. If computers connect LAN Switch directly, the error will be gone. )
The part of PXE error on running
1. PXE error：Client side can’t get DHCP, and shows “DHCP……/”
- Client side and server side are not within the same network segment. You have to make sure that computers can be in the same LAN.
- Communication network malfunction. Please check if the cable or internet access is in normal state.
- Disable the Windows firewall. If this works, you know it’s the firewall blocking traffic, and you can find what rule to add to the firewall to make things work.
2. PXE error：After getting integrated DHCP, computer prompt that “Active partition not found”
- Server side has created image file, but Client sides boot before image is uploaded to network.
- There is an image folder in server side, but image files in folder are lost or can’t be read.
- Image file is wrong.
- There are bad sector on disk or partition where image stores.
3. PXE error：Network path not found
- Make sure that Windows PCs (both your computer and the remote computer) are running on the same network/LAN.
- Enable the boot image on the server side.
The above situations are the common error that users encounter, and PXE technique is also based on TFTP. For more error situations and its solutions, please focus onAOMEI PXE Boot Tool, and corresponding article will be published in the recent future.
A easy solution to boot computer without disk safely
If you are afraid of the PXE error mentioned above, maybe you can try other easy solution-AOMEI PXE Boot Tool. It can boot your computers easily from an image file on network. Usually, AOMEI PXE Boot Tool can’t happen such above problems, if you followingthe guidance of AOMEI PXE Boot Tool.
AOMEI PXE Boot Tool does not only allow you to deploy AOMEI image file created by AOMEI Backupper, but also the custom image file that you use other software to create. In server side, you can load image file, and click on “Start Service” , and then, set booting device in client sides. Finally, client sides will boot automatically. For more detailed steps, please visit AOMEI OneKey Recovery Help.
Just make sure computers are in the network segment, and there is integrated image file in server side. When you use AOMEI PXE Boot Tool, “Network Path Not Found” will not be prompted even don’t mention “PXE Error code”. If you think it is suitable for you, you can downloadAOMEI PXE Boot Tooland use it to create boot computer without disk safely.