The USB flash drive is a good device to store files like photos. And now for some personal reason, you’d like to transfer photos from flash drive to your iPhone or iPad. As is known to all, there is no direct way to transfer photos from computer to iPhone/iPad so you come to this guide to find some workable methods. Well, there are 5 proven methods to help you achieve the goal.
1. Quick Way to Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad
If you want an easy and quick way to transfer photos from USB to iPhone or iPad, you can apply FoneTool - one free iOS data transfer tool.
● It helps you transfer photos between iDevice and computer.
● It lets you preview and select the pictures you want to transfer.
● It will not erase any existing photos or other data on your device.
Now free download FoneTool on your computer and follow the steps below to transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone/iPad.
Steps to Transfer Photos from USB to iPhone iPad
Step 1. Launch FoneTool > Plug in your iPhone/iPad and USB flash drive. (Enter the passcode on iPhone/iPad so that the software can access your device.)
Step 2. On the Home screen, click Phone Transfer option. Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Click Photos > Click the “add” icon to browse and choose the pictures you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer to get photos from USB to iPhone.
Step 5. Click OK when the transfer is completed.
2. Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via Cloud Services
Apple iCloud and other cloud-based services like Dropbox, Google Photo, OneDrive provide a way to help you share files among your devices. You can first sync photos to cloud and then download them on iPhone or iPad.
On computer: Open a browser and go to the iCloud or other services based on your need > Upload pictures to your account. (Take iCloud.com as an example, go to iCloud.com > Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode > Click Photos > Click Upload Photos to select pictures stored on USB.)
On iPhone or iPad: Since iCloud is the built-in app, you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos to turn on iCloud Photos (Please note that the photos on device will be uploaded to iCloud). If you are using Dropbox or Google Photo, you should go to the App Store to download the app on your device.
3. Transfer Photos from USB Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via iTunes
iTunes indeed can help you transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone/iPad, however, it’s not a recommended way. You may lose your current media content on the device after the sync. If you are OK with that, here are the steps to transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone or iPad.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Plug in your USB flash drive and iPhone/iPad.
3. Launch iTunes > Click the Device tab > Click Photos > Check Sync Photos.
4. Select the folder that contains the pictures you want to transfer to device.
5. Finally, click Apply to start the sync.
4. Transfer Photos from Flash Drive to iPhone iPad via Email
If you just want to transfer one or two pictures, then email the pictures to yourself can be a good choice. You do not need to download any apps and can transfer photos from USB to iPhone iPad wirelessly.
On computer: Send an email to yourself with photos attachments.
On iPhone/iPad: Go to Mail app to check email and download pictures on device.
5. Transfer Photos from USB to iPhone iPad without Computer
If you don’t have a computer, you may wonder whether there’s a way that can help you transfer photos from USB flash drive to iPhone/iPad without a computer. Well, the truth is that it’s possible to make it with the right type of flash drive.
They will use their app to access your photos or other files. You can transfer files from USB to device or export data from your device to drive. It’s really a convenient way to save pictures when you are outside without a computer or have no Internet access. You can search and buy one from Amazon.
That’s all about how to transfer photos from flash drive to iPhone iPad. Does this passage solve your problem? You could share it to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad