The portable USB flash drive is a good choice to store data like music files, which helps us easily share files from one device to another. As for iTunes, it’s one mobile device management as well as a media player. It’s not surprising that you want to transfer music from USB flash drive to iTunes.
Why Transfer Music from Flash Drive to iTunes?
● Enjoy Music on Computer. iTunes provides an easy way to help us organize music appropriately according to artist and album.
● Sync Songs to iPhone. To listen to music on iPhone, you can add songs to iPhone with the help of iTunes though it’s not a convenient way.
Fortunately, the “Add File to Library...” function can help us easily import music from flash drive to iTunes, whether you want to transfer the songs to your current computer or a new computer. Keep reading to learn more.
Transfer Music from Flash Drive to iTunes on Mac and Windows PC
Below are the steps to transfer music from USB to iTunes. To ensure that the transfer is successful, please follow the steps step by step. The file types that are compatible with iTunes include MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIF, AIFF, M4R, and M4B.
1. Run iTunes and plug in your flash drive containing the music files to computer.
2. Go to Preferences... to make sure two options are checked:
Click the Edit menu in iTunes > Choose Preferences... > Click Advanced tab > Check the box beside “Keep iTunes Media Folder organized” and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" > Click OK to confirm.
The Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library means that it will copy the music files to your computer. If you do not check this option, iTunes will only save the location of the file, and it will not be able to find the file when the flash drive is not inserted.
3. Import music from iTunes to USB flash drive:
Click the File menu > Choose Add Files to Library... or Add Folder to Library... to select the songs you want to add to iTunes. And that’s it.
Transfer Music from Flash Drive to iPhone without Syncing
Want to transfer music from USB to iTunes in order to transfer music to your iPhone? Well, iTunes indeed can help us sync music to iPhone but it’s not the best choice.
● iTunes does not allow you to transfer selected songs. You can only sync all music from iTunes, or add music to your iPhone one by one.
● Besides, iTunes only allows users to pair the iPhone with one computer. If you want to transfer music to family or friends' iPhone, the existing data on iPhone will be erased.
If you want a simple, fast, and safe way to transfer music from flash drive to iPhone, then put iTunes aside and choose a professional iOS data transfer tool to help you make it. That’s AOMEI MBackupper.
With This iOS data backup & transfer tools, it is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer songs to iPhone. Possible to transfer selected songs to any iPhone without data loss.
Steps to Transfer Music from Flash Drive to iPhone
1. Download, install, and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your USB flash drive and iPhone to computer. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone to allow the software to access your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to iPhone option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Find your flash drive and choose the songs you’d like to add to iPhone > Click Open to continue.
4. Click Transfer to transfer music from computer to iPhone.
5. Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Note: AOMEI MBackupper also supports iDevice to computer transfer, you can transfer purchased or non-purchased music from iPhone to computer/flash drive/external hard drive without effort.
That’s all for how to transfer music from USB flash drive to iTunes. The “Add File to Library...” function can help you easily add songs to iTunes library. Did the transfer succeed? Leave a comment to let us know.