The iPhone SE 2020 is Apple’s brand new cheap iPhone. To some extent, it essentially replaces and improves on the iPhone 8 that is now discontinued. Although this new iPhone follows the same name of iPhone SE that released in 2016, it is much better compared with its predecessor. The iPhone SE is equipped with modern chip technology, featuring the same A13 Bionic chip as the iPhone 11.
For Android user who wants to have a try on the iPhone, it’s a good chance to start the journey with the iPhone SE (2020). However, since Android phone and iPhone running with the different operating systems, it’s not that easy to switch from Android to iPhone.
In the previous guide, we have already discussed how to set up iPhone SE 2020 and here we will show you how to transfer data from Android to iPhone SE (2020). Keep reading to see how to copy data from Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, LG, HTC, Sony, Google Pixel, Xiaomi to your new iPhone.
Method 1. Transfer Data from Android to iPhone SE 2020 via Move to iOS App
Move to iOS app is developed by Apple to help users switch from Android device to new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It can help you transfer contacts, message history, photos, videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars to your new iPhone SE wirelessly. You are also allowed to choose the kind of data you want to transfer.
> It requires your Android phone running Android 4.0 and later. And you can download the app from Google Play Store.
> On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
> Make sure both your Android phone and iPhone have enough power.
> To ensure the Chrome bookmarks will be transferred successfully, update to the latest version of Chrome on Android phone.
> If you have already set up the iPhone, please go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart.
Steps to Move Data from Android to iPhone SE 2020
1. Set up iPhone SE until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your iPhone SE: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Note: Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even if your Android phone indicates that the process is complete.
5. The whole transfer can take a while depending on how much content you're moving. When you see the loading bar finishes on iPhone SE, tap Done on Android phone > tap Continue on iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
Method 2. Transfer Contacts/Mail/Calendars from Android to iPhone SE 2020
If you used to save your contacts, calendars with email services, like Google Gmail, Yahoo, Exchange, etc., you can log in with the email account on iPhone SE to access them as usual. Here we take Gmail as an example to show you how to sync mail, contacts, calendars to iPhone SE.
Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars from Email to iPhone SE 2020
On your Android Phone: Go to Settings > Tap Account & Sync > Choose your Gmail account > Tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > Tap Sync Now.
On your new iPhone SE: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next > Tap Save when your account is verified > Turn on Mail, Contacts, and Calendars sync option.
Note: If you have synced contacts or calendars with your social media apps like Facebook or Twitter, you can also choose to sync these data to your new iPhone SE: Download the app from the App Store > Go to Settings to find the social media app > Sign in with your account > Turn on Contacts and Calendar.
Export Contacts to iPhone SE via SIM Card
If you just want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone SE, you can first save contacts to SIM Card on Android phone and then export the contacts to iPhone SE.
On your Android phone: Go to the Contacts app and find Import/Export contacts > Choose Export to SIM card option.
On your iPhone SE: Insert the SIM card > Go to Settings > Tap Contacts > Tap Import SIM Contacts.
Method 3. Transfer Photos/Videos/Music to iPhone SE 2020
iTunes is the official application developed by Apple to manage iOS devices. It offers a way to help you transfer photos, videos, and songs to iPhone SE. However, the whole process is kind of complicated and time-consuming. Besides, it will erase the existing content on your iPhone. If you still want to have a try, see the steps below.
1. Connect your Android phone to computer > Copy the songs, photos, videos you want to transfer to a new folder on computer.
2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer > Launch it.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
>> Sync music: Click File > Choose Add Folder to Library > Browse your computer and select the music folder to transfer it to iTunes library > Click the Device tab > ChooseMusic > Click Sync Music > Choose the entire library or specific songs > Click Apply.
>> Sync photos and videos: Click Device tab > Choose Photos > Select Sync Photos > Select the folder you created before > Choose all folders and select include videos > Click Apply.
● Note: If you want to set custom ringtone for your iPhone SE 2020, refer to this guide How to Download and Add Ringtones to iPhone SE 2020 guide to get the method.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Backup iPhone SE 2020
From the above, we have talked about all workable ways that can help you transfer data from Android to iPhone SE 2020. Then comes the next question you may also concern: how to backup data on iPhone SE? You know that iPhone is different from Android that can easily move content between the device and computer.
Although you can backup iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, these two methods have shortcomings. You have no choice but to backup all the iPhone data and it will erase the existing data during the restore.
To make things easy, one professional iPhone backup manager for Windows PCs named AOMEI MBackupper is recommended here. It helps you backup iPhone SE to computer easily and also offers a safe way to get them back to device. Try it by yourself.
>> Full Backup
You can backup photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference), system settings with one click.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper and plug in iPhone SE > Enter passcode on iPhone when asked.
2. Click Full Backup in the Tools bar.
3. Choose Full Backup > Enable backup encryption > Select the storage path > Click Start Backup.
>> Selective Backup
★ Supported File Types - Contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, etc.
★ Selectively Backup and Restore - It lets you preview and select the data as per your needs.
★Check Backup Files Freely - It allows you to view the backup contacts anytime you want.
★ No Data Loss During Restore – It will not erase any existing contacts or other data on the device.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your current iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Custom Backup and you can select the data you want to backup.
>> You can click the icon to choose the items you want to backup, here we click Contacts for example. Select the contacts you need and click OK to confirm.
3. Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup to start backing up your Phone SE.
When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on the Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore, or delete the backup files.
Note: You can click the triangle icon to run the incremental backup next time. It will only backup the newly added items to save both space and time.
That’s all for how to transfer data from Android to iPhone SE 2020. You can utilize Move to iOS app to copy all data from Android phone to iPhone wirelessly or take advantage of email or iTunes to transfer the data you need.
If this passage solves your problem, you could share it to help more people.