Apple iPad is the most popular tablet in the world. The M1 chip brings exciting performance to the new iPad Pro and makes it the fastest of its kind. Bought yourself a brand new iPad Pro? Congratulations! One more step before enjoying all amazing features - move data from previous Android phone/tablet to new iPad.
You know that you can't directly transfer data from Android to iPad because they running on different operating systems. Switching from one mobile platform to another used to be a pain, but the situation has changed in recent years. Nowadays, there are many tools you can rely on to complete the transfer. You will surely find a suitable method to transfer needed files after reading this guide.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad During Setup?
To help users easily switch from Android to iOS, Apple has launched an Android app named Move to iOS. It will connect your old Android device and new Apple device through a direct Wi-Fi connection and transfer almost all your data, including contacts, messages, Camera Roll photos/videos, mail accounts, calendars, web bookmarks.
Steps to Transfer Files from Android to iPad via Move to iOS
Download Move to iOS on Android device.
Connect both devices to Wi-Fi network.
Make sure both devices have enough power.
1. Set up your iPad until you access the App & Data screen.
If you have already set up your iPad, you can go Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart. Note that it will erase all existing content on iPad.
2. Choose Move Data from Android.
3. On your Android device: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
4. On your iPad: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
5. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPad > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Then it will start the transfer. Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. When you see the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done and Android device and tap Continue on iPad to finish the setup.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad After Setup?
Move to iOS will only help you transfer data during the setup process. If you do not want to restart the setup process, you can try these methods to transfer data from Android to iPad after setup.
1 > Transfer Photos/Videos/Songs from Android to iPad
You can first copy and paste photos, videos, songs from Android to computer and then transfer them to your iPad. iTunes can help you sync these files to iPad, however, it will erase the existing data on the device. To avoid data loss, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you make it.
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool that can help you transfer files between iDevice and computer, between two iDevices. It lets you transfer files in their original size and will not erase any existing data on the device.
Steps to Transfer Files from Android to iPad via AOMEI MBackupper
1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 12 (Pro Max/Pro/mini), 12-inch iPad Pro (5th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation).
2. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Plug in your iPad. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPad so the software can access your device.)
3. On the Home screen, click Transfer to iPad option.
4.. Click the “+” icon > Choose the photos, videos or songs you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
5. Click Transfer to start.
2 > Transfer Files from Android to iPad via Google Drive
It’s possible to access files stored in cloud storage services on any device. You can take advantage of this feature to achieve data transfer. First upload files to cloud on Android and then download files on iPad. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
● On your Android device: Download Google Drive app > Log in with your account > Upload files to it.
● On your iPad: Download Google Drive app and log in > Find the files you uploaded before > Tap the Three Dots icon > Tap Send a copy > You can choose to save the file directly and let an app open it.
3 > Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars from Android to iPad
Both Android and iOS allow you to sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars with Google. You can log in with your Google account and turn on the sync option to sync contacts, Mail, or Calendars from Android to iPad.
● On your Android device: Go to Settings > Tap Account & Sync > Choose your Gmail account > Tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > Tap Sync Now.
● On your iPad: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next > Tap Save > Turn on Mail, Contacts, and Calendars sync option.
That’s all for how to transfer data from Android to iPad. Move to iOS app can help you transfer data during the setup process. If you want to transfer data from Android to iPad after setup, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you transfer songs, photos, videos or let Google help you transfer contacts, calendars and other files.