How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad Pro/Air/Mini
This guide will show you all workable methods that can help you move data from Android to iPad Pro/Air/mini. The method to transfer data from Android to iPad after setup is included.
Apple iPad is the most popular tablet in the world. A large mobile screen can assist you in easily carrying out tasks such as studying, working, and watching movies. Bought yourself a brand-new iPad? Congratulations! One more step before enjoying all amazing features - move data from previous Android phone/tablet to the new iPad.
You know that you can't directly transfer data from Android to iPad because they are running on different operating systems. Switching from one mobile platform to another used to be a pain, but the situation has changed in recent years.
Nowadays, there are many tools you can rely on to complete the transfer. You will surely find a suitable method to transfer needed files after reading this guide. And the mobile app mentioned in the second part can be the easiest way to airdrop from Android to iPad.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad During Setup
To help users easily switch from Android to iOS, Apple has launched an Android app named Move to iOS. It will connect your old Android device and new Apple device through a direct Wi-Fi connection and transfer almost all your data, including contacts, messages, Camera Roll photos/videos, mail accounts, calendars, web bookmarks.
Steps to Transfer Files from Android to iPad via Move to iOS
Download Move to iOS on Android device.
Connect both devices to a Wi-Fi network.
Make sure both devices have enough power.
1. Set up your iPad until you access the App & Data screen.
If you have already set up your iPad, you can go Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to restart. Note that it will erase all existing content on iPad.
2. Choose Move Data from Android.
3. On your Android device: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
4. On your iPad: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
5. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPad > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Then it will start the transfer. Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. When you see the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done and Android device and tap Continue on iPad to finish the setup.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad After Setup
The Move to iOS app will only help you transfer data during the setup process. For your used iPad, if you do not want to restart the setup process, you can try these methods below to transfer data from Android to iPad after setup.
1. Transfer Photos/Videos/Songs from Android to iPad using AirDrop
When it comes to how to transfer files from Android to iPad after setup, FoneTool for iOS can be your good helper.
Its mobile app offers a wireless transfer function to help you easily move photos, music, videos, contacts and other files between Android and iPad/iPhone. And it doesn't need any WiFi connection or consume cellular data. After the process, all moved files can be viewed in the Transfer Records.
Now you can scan the code below to get FoneTool on your iPad and click this link to download it for your Android device.
Step 1. Open FoneTool on both of your iPad and Android, then allow the application to use WLAN. (Just turn on the Wi-Fi option, it doesn't require any Wi-Fi connection.)
Step 2. Go to Connect Device > Choose Connect to iOS and tap the device name on either device to establish a connection.
Step 3. Choose File Transfer on your source Android device > Choose files you need to airdrop to iPad > Click Send to begin > Tap Confirm on your iPad to receive them.
After the process, if you need to back up iPad data on PC, FoneTool for Windows can help you a lot. As a professional iOS data backup & transfer tool, FoneTool supports transferring files between iPad/iPhone and computer, or iPhone-to-iPhone transfer. It lets you transfer files in their original size and will not erase any existing data on the device.
2. Transfer Files from Android to iPad via Google Drive
It’s possible to access files stored in cloud storage services on any device. You can take advantage of this feature to achieve data transfer. First upload files to cloud on Android and then download files on iPad. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
● On your Android device: Download Google Drive app > Log in with your account > Upload files to it.
● On your iPad: Download Google Drive app and log in > Find the files you uploaded before > Tap the Three Dots icon > Tap Send a copy > You can choose to save the file directly and let an app open it.
3. Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars from Android to iPad
Both Android and iOS allow you to sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars with Google. You can log in with your Google account and turn on the sync option to sync contacts, Mail, or Calendars from Android to iPad.
● On your Android device: Go to Settings > Tap Account & Sync > Choose your Gmail account > Tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > Tap Sync Now.
● On your iPad: Go to Settings > Tap Accounts & Passwords > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next > Tap Save > Turn on Mail, Contacts, and Calendars sync option.
That’s all for how to transfer data from Android to iPad. The Move to iOS app can help you transfer data during the setup process. If you want to transfer data from Android to iPad after setup, you can let FoneTool help you transfer songs, photos, videos, etc. or let Google help you transfer contacts, calendars and other files.
If you need to back up iPad after the transfer, FoneTool will also be your ideal choice.