Need to backup iPad Mini?
iPad Mini has attracted numerous fans since the first generation was released in 2010. It comes with great convenience and performance, so it is so popular with the game community and some creative work fields. Beyond a doubt, The latest iPad Mini 6th generation, with a full-view display and A15 chip, will be a hit product in 2021.
But, after setting up iPad Mini, it is very important to backup your iPad Mini to avoid data loss. because an iPad is easy to get some issue leading to data loss. Besides, if the storage of your iPad is small, it will be running out of space very soon. Backup some data and delete them on iPad can be a good way to free up space.
Next, this article will show you 3 methods of how to backup iPad Mini Mini to computer and iCloud. You can choose one according to your demands.
#1 Backup iPad to Computer with FoneTool (Support selectively and fully backup)
If your iCloud storage is full, or just don't trust iCloud, backup iPad data to PC with FoneTool can be the best way to protect your data. With this tool, you can easily and quickly backup your iPad Mini data, including app data, settings, photos, videos, contacts, messages, and so on to your computer/ external drive.
It focuses on the following aspect to give you the best experience to backup data.
• Fast Backup: If you keep lots of large files on your iPad, FoneTool can save you a lot of time. For example, you could transfer 100 photos in 2 seconds with FoneTool.
• Preview and Select: With the Custom Backup and the Transfer feature, you can select specific items to backup. For example, you could transfer songs to iPhone, or restore part of photos and messages to it.
• Fully Backup/selectively Backup: This tool allows you to backup all data or select photos, contacts, messages, music, videos, and so on to your computer.
• Widely Compatible: It supports most versions of iOS including the latest iPadOS 16. Your iPad Mini 6/5/4, and iPad 9/8/7, iPad Pro 2021, iPad Air 2022, would be perfectly compatible with it. This application also supports iPhone and iPod Touch.
You can click the download button and follow the guide below to how it works.
Steps to fully Backup iPad Mini
Step 1. Connect iPad to computer, and launch FoneTool.
Step 2. Choose the "Phone Backup" >"Full Backup" options.
Step 3. To backup some personal data, like Health data, Keychain, please encrypt the process. Then click "Start Backup".
Selectively Backup iPad data
Step 1. Click "Selective Backup" of "Phone Backup".
Step 2. Check the file types you want to backup. and you can click the icon to choose the specific files.
Step 3. Click Start Backup in the lower-left corner. The task would be completed in seconds.
If you need to restore iPad Mini or transfer these files to another device, you just connect the device to computer, go to "Backup History" > click three-dots icon > click "Restore". It would do nothing with the existing data on your device.
#2 Backup iPad Mini with iTunes
You might have used iTunes to purchase songs. iTunes could also be used to backup iPad Mini, but you might not know what iTunes backup includes. It would save most local files and all the device settings on iPad Mini to computer.
However, you are not allowed to view the backup for it has been encrypted. If you restore iPad Mini from that backup with iTunes, your iPad Mini would be erased first, and then iTunes imports the backup. After restoration, you need to download the apps and the media files like music tracks from iTunes Store to completely restore your device to the previous version. Follow the steps below to backup iPad Mini to computer with iTunes.
Step 1. Download iTunes. Connect iPad Mini to computer with USB cable and tap Trust on it.
Step 2. Click the phone-shape icon in the upper-left corner to view the information of iPad Mini. Click Summary in the sidebar and then click Back Up Now. It would take several minutes to create a full backup of iPad Mini.
#3 Backup iPad mini to iCloud
If you would like to save data in the cloud, you could also backup iPad Mini to iCloud. iCloud has become a built-in application on Apple devices since 2011. Every user would be given 5GB of storage for free. It would also save most local data on iPad Mini to the cloud. You could check iCloud backup size and decide to backup which apps in Settings. You could not view the content in iCloud backup.
To backup iPad mini to iCloud, you should connect it to available network and go to Setting > tap [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Switch on iCloud Backup and iPad immediately.
You could find 3 ways to backup iPad Mini in this passage. Using FoneTool, you could preview and select the files on it and view them on computer anytime you want. You could also choose iTunes to create a full backup but you can’t view it and restoration with iTunes would erase the device first. If you like cloud tool, you could save at most 5GB of data to iCloud for free. If you feel this passage helpful, you could share it to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad