Although there are quite a few default ringtones that come with your iPhone, it does not take long to get tired of them. In fact, most people would like to set a lovely song as a ringtone. However, if you just switch from an Android phone to a new iPhone SE, you may feel confused when trying to set a song as a ringtone. The Move to iOS app can help you transfer data from Android to iPhone SE but not including the ringtones.
Apple does not make it easy for you to set the custom ringtone because it wants you to pay a dollar or more per ringtone in the Tones store. But save your money, there are two ways that can help you set a song as a ringtone. If you have a computer at hand, you can take advantage of iTunes to add ringtones to iPhone SE. Or you can have songs stored on your iPhone, you can utilize the GarageBand app to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone.
Part 1. Where to Download Free Ringtones for iPhone SE 2022
If you have no songs or ringtones on your computer, you may wonder where you can download free ringtones for iPhone SE 2022. Well, there are many free ringtones download websites and you can just type “free iPhone ringtones download website” in the search box of the browser and find one you prefer. CellBeat.com, Zedge.net, FreeTone.org, Mob.org, Melofania are recommended by many users.
Part 2. How to Add Ringtones to iPhone SE 2022
To add ringtones to iPhone SE 2022, you should first add the song to iTunes library > convert the song to ringtone > add the ringtone to iPhone. The whole process seems kind of complicated at a glance but it’s not that difficult if you follow the guide step by step. Let's get it on.
◆ Create Custom Ringtone Using iTunes
1. If the song you want to set as a ringtone is not in the library, you can click File > choose Add Folder to Library > browse your computer and select the song you want to set as ringtone to iTunes library.
2. Go to Songs or Recently Added to find the song you’d like to use. Right-click the song and choose Song Info.
3. In the new window, choose Options. Choose up to a 30-second period in the song you want to use as a ringtone by setting the Start and Stop time. Click OK to confirm.
4. Select the original song, then click File > Convert > Create AAC Version. Then you will see the reduced version of the song.
5. Right-click the reduced version and choose Show in Windows Explorer. Copy and paste it to desktop and change the extension from .m4a to.m4r. (Apple uses a .m4r extension for ringtones instead of the familiar .m4a.)
6. Since you no longer need the short version of the song, you can go back to iTunes library and delete the shortened version. Right-click it and choose Delete from Library > Delete Song > Move to Recycle Bin to make it.
◆ Add Custom Ringtones to iPhone SE 2022
1. Connect your iPhone SE to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click the device icon and choose Summary. Make sure the option "Manually manage music and videos" is checked. Click Apply to confirm.
3. Click the Tones tab under On My Device, drag and drop the ringtone from desktop to iTunes. Then this ringtone will automatically add to your iPhone SE.
◆ Set Custom Ringtone on iPhone SE 2022
1. Go to Settings > Tap Sounds & Haptics > Tap Ringtone.
2. Find and choose the ringtone you just sync from iTunes.
Part 3. How to Set a Song As a Ringtone on iPhone SE 2022
If you have songs stored on iPhone, you can also choose to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone SE directly. To achieve the goal, one app called GarageBand is needed. It can help you convert songs in your Music Library to iPhone ringtones. Download GarageBand from the App Store and check the steps to see how to set a song as a ringtone on iPhone SE 2022.
How to Make Your Own Ringtone on iPhone SE 2022
1. Open GarageBand > Click “+” in the top corner > Doubling down on the AUDIO RECORDER interface.
2. Click the View button > Choose Loop Browser button > Tap Music to choose the song you want to convert.
3. Hold and drag the song to the left to add it to GarageBand > Use the trimming and split editing features to make the 30 seconds ringtone. Please make sure to drag the sound track all the way to the left.
4. Tap the downward-pointing triangular > Tap My Songs to save the audio you just create.
5. Long press the song > Tap Share > Choose Ringtone > Name the ringtone > Tap Use sound as… > Choose from Standard Ringtone, Standard Text Tone, Assign to contact as per your needs. (Standard Ringtone is recommended.)
6. Now you can go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtones to have a check.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Backup Your New iPhone SE 2022
Please be aware that backing up iPhone is important. Your iPhone may lose data after an iOS update, iOS glitches, or other unexpected reasons. If you have backed up your iPhone in advance, you can quickly find the lost items.
Apple offers two backup ways: iCloud and iTunes. However, they will help you backup all iPhone data instead of only the important files. And it will erase all existing data on the device during the restoration. To make things simple, I’d like to introduce one free iPhone backup manager - FoneTool that lets you backup your iPhone the way you want.
● Supports backing up contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, app data, etc.
● It can help you backup all data in one click or only the selected items as per your needs.
● You can run an incremental backup based on the last backup to save both time and storage space.
● After the backup, you can check the backup file on your computer any time you want.
● You can choose to restore the data to your iPhone directly and it will not erase any existing data.
Besides data backup, FoneTool can also help you transfer music, videos, photos, contacts between iPhone and computer, between iPhone and iPhone/iPad.
In addition, you can also let FoneTool help you find duplicate photos on iPhone and computer, convert HEIC photos to JPG/PNG. Go for it now and discover more!
As you can see, you can utilize iTunes to add custom ringtones to iPhone SE 2022 or set a song as a ringtone with the help of GarageBand. Hope one of the methods can help you set your favorite song as a ringtone successfully.
Does this passage solve your problem? You could share it to help more people. Or if you have any problems, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad