With the phone number, we can get in touch with family, friends, and colleagues through phone calls and text messages. Absolutely, the Contacts is important to everyone. When upgrading to a new iPhone, it’s certain that most users would like to transfer contacts to the new device.
If want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with computer, the traditional way is to use iTunes. You can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, but the disadvantage is that it does not support selective transfer. So here in this guide, we will not only guide you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes but also introduce another way that can help you transfer selected contacts. Here we go.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
To sync contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, two steps are needed. First sync old iPhone contacts with iTunes and then sync contacts to new iPhone.
Please note that it will copy all contacts and you are not allowed to select the contacts you need. If you want to preview and select the contacts you want to transfer, please move to Part 2 to get the method.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
Before starting, please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Sync Old iPhone Contacts with iTunes
1. Run iTunes > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click the Device tab on the top toolbar.
3. Click Info > Choose Sync Contacts > Click Apply and it will start the sync.
Sync Contacts to New iPhone
1. Unplug the old iPhone and connect the new iPhone to computer.
2. Choose your new iPhone and go to Info.
3. Check Sync Contacts > Scroll down a little to find the Advanced section.
4. Tick Contacts under Replace information on this iPhone > Click Apply to sync contacts to new iPhone.
Part 2. An Easy & Quick Way to Transfer All or Selected Contacts
It is indeed feasible to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes. However, the disadvantage is that you have no choice but to copy all old iPhone contacts.
If you want to transfer selected contacts from one iPhone to another, one professional iOS data transfer tool - AOMEI MBackupper can be your best choice. This user-friendly tool can help users transfer contacts, messages/iMessages, photos, videos, and songs from iPhone to iPhone in an easy, quick, safe way.
Two steps to complete the contacts transfer:
① Save contacts on old iPhone to computer
② Transfer the backup contacts to new iPhone
You can preview and select the contacts you want to transfer. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer contacts from iPhone to another one. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to make it.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Computer
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer via the USB cable. (Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. Select a storage path to save the contacts > Click Start Backup.
4. Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Restore option > Click the icon to choose the contacts you want to restore > Click Start Restore to make it.
Note: If you want to export iPhone contacts to CSV or VCF format, you can click the Transfer to Computer option to choose the contacts you need.
Choose the desired format and click Transfer.
To transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, you should first sync old iPhone contacts to iTunes and then sync them to new iPhone. It helps you transfer all contacts. If you want to transfer selected contacts with computer, AOMEI MBackupper is the way to go.