Want to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes?
With the phone number, we can get in touch with family, friends, and colleagues through phone calls and text messages. Absolutely, Contacts are important to everyone. When upgrading to a new iPhone, it’s certain that most users would like to transfer contacts to the new device.
If want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with computer, the traditional way is to use iTunes. You can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, but the disadvantage is that it does not support selective transfer. So here in this guide, we will not only guide you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes but also introduce another way that can help you transfer selected contacts. Here we go.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
To copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes, two steps are needed. First sync old iPhone contacts with iTunes and then sync contacts to new iPhone.
Please note that it will copy all contacts and you are not allowed to select the contacts you need. If you want to preview and select the contacts you want to transfer, please move to Part 2 to get the method.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone Using iTunes
Before starting, please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Sync Old iPhone Contacts with iTunes
1. Run iTunes > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click the Device tab on the top toolbar.
3. Click Info > Choose Sync Contacts > Click Apply and it will start the sync.
Sync Contacts to New iPhone
1. Unplug the old iPhone and connect the new iPhone to computer.
2. Choose your new iPhone and go to Info.
3. Check Sync Contacts > Scroll down a little to find the Advanced section.
4. Tick Contacts under Replace information on this iPhone > Click Apply to sync contacts to new iPhone.
Part 2. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Computer Easily
It is indeed feasible to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes. However, the disadvantage is that you have no choice but to copy all old iPhone contacts.
If you want to transfer selected contacts from one iPhone to another, one professional iOS data transfer tool - FoneTool can be your best choice.
This user-friendly tool can help users transfer contacts, messages/iMessages, photos, videos, and songs from iPhone to iPhone in an easy, quick, safe way. It can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple ID.
Two steps to complete the contacts transfer
① Export contacts from source iPhone to computer
② Transfer contacts from computer to target iPhone
You can preview and select the contacts you want to transfer. Most of all, there is no need to reset your new iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer contacts from iPhone to another one. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to make it.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Computer
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect the source iPhone to computer via the USB cable. (Enter the passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.)
2. Click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the plus icon > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Click Start Transfer > Select a storage path to save the contacts > Choose to export iPhone contacts to CSV or VCF format > Click Transfer to save contacts to PC.
5. Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer.
6. Click Phone Transfer and go to PC to iPhone this time > Click Contacts icon and choose the contacts exported before > Finally, click Start Transfer to add contacts to iPhone.
That's all about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes. You should first sync old iPhone contacts to iTunes and then sync them to new iPhone.
It helps you transfer all contacts. If you want to transfer selected contacts with computer, download FoneTool and let it help you achieve the goal.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad