iTunes is such a contradictory tool for Apple users. On the one hand, iTunes provides convenience for people to enjoy everything they need to be entertained. On the other hand, people have to endure kinds of iTunes problems on Windows. For example, you may fail to sync iPhone with iTunes when receiving the message “iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device.”
Indeed, it’s frustrating when you get a message like that. But hopefully, you can fix this error with the following tips and solutions.
Simple tips: iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because invalid response
Simple tips: iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because invalid response
The error iTunes could not connect to iPhone for an invalid response usually occurs when the USB communication to your iPhone is broken. Therefore, there are some simple tips you can do to fix iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because of invalid response. You don’t need to try them all, simply work your way down the list until you find one that works.
※ Try different cables, ports. Sometimes, it is a non-original USB cable or the old port of your computer that results in this error. You can try other cables or ports to have a try.
※ An unlocked iPhone. Keep your iPhone unlocked when you’re connecting it to iTunes, or iTunes may fail to work well.
※ Disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer. Antivirus or firewall software may stop your iTunes from working. If it works on your Windows PC, disable it when you are using iTunes.
※ Reset network settings on your iPhone. On rare occasions, the problem might be caused by a wrong network setting. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to make it. There is a tip that your Wi-Fi password will be reset.
※ Check time/date settings. Make sure both your iPhone and computer have set the correct time/date settings. On your computer, right-click the time/date on the taskbar and adjust the settings. On your iPhone, head over to Settings > General > Date & Time > Select Set Automatically.
It is hoped that you can connect your iPhone to iTunes successfully after trying one of the tips above. if iTunes still could not connect to iPhone for invalid response, try the following solutions.
Solution 1. Force restart iPhone and reboot computer
If either your iPhone or computer gets stuck for no reason, it may prevent iTunes from connecting to iPhone. The simplest way to get rid of it is to restart your iPhone and computer. Actually, restarting devices can solve most of the common issues.
Force restart iPhone
The methods to force restart iPhone are slightly different from the versions of iPhone.
iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the volume + button > Press and quickly release the volume - button > Press the power button until you see the logo of Apple.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume - button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
To reboot computer, you can use either the in-screen Start button or the Power button to make it.
Solution 2. Update both iPhone and iTunes app
Outdated software always makes troubles from time to time. Therefore, you need to check whether your iPhone and iTunes apps are up to date. If there is the latest version available, update it.
Update iOS on your iPhone
iOS 15 is coming this year, you can check if you can update it. Go to Settings > General > Click on Software Update > Click Install Now to update iOS if it is accessible.
Update iTunes to the latest version
Steps about installing the latest version differ from the types of your computer system.
► To update iTunes on Mac.
Step 1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
Step 2. Click Update at the top of the App Store window.
Step 3. If there is an iTunes update available, click Install.
► To update iTunes on Windows.
Go to iTunes > Click Help on the menu bar on Windows PC > Select Check for Updates to make it if there is the latest version.
If you download iTunes from the Microsoft Store, iTunes will update automatically when there is the latest version released, which means you won’t see Check for Updates option in Help.
Solution 3. Try an iTunes alternative to avoid iTunes error
It is acknowledged that iTunes is not a professional backup tool. If you cannot stand iTunes and its problems anymore, How about trying an iTunes alternative to avoid iTunes errors? FoneTool is the one that provides you a professional backup and transfer process.
Features and advantages of FoneTool
• Clear interface and simple design. Although FoneTool has multiple functions, it offers users a simple interface. Therefore, everyone can handle it with no effort.
• A selective process. When you’re backing up data, you can preview and select files you need to backup, so can restoring files.
• An incremental backup. Just like iTunes, FoneTool provides a backup of files that have changed or are new since the last incremental backup.
• Fast speed. For example, FoneTool can transfer 100 photos in 2 seconds.
• A wide compatibility. FoneTool is perfectly compatible with iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest one, as well as all iPad and iPod. It can also work well with iOS.
Sync specific data on iPhone to computer with FoneTool
Can’t wait to have a try? Now, click the icon below to download FoneTool for free. Let’s take backup music as an example.
Step 1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to a computer > Tap Trust This Computer on your iPhone.
Step 2. Click Phone Backup and go to Selective Backup > Select Music > Select the music you want to backup.
Step 3. Choose a storage path and click Start Backup to make it.
• As you can see in the picture above, you can also backup or transfer photos, videos, contacts, and messages at the same time.
• The backup files still remain on your computer. You can go to Backup History in FoneTool to browse, locate and view them.
FoneTool can also do
Besides backing up specific data to computer, FoneTool can also
• Full iPhone backup. It can fully backup your iPhone, including Safari and apps.
• iPhone to iPhone transfer. FoneTool makes it easy when you try to transfer all data from one iPhone to another.
With simple tips and these solutions, hope you can solve the issue iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device. If necessary, you can try the iTunes alternative we introduced above to keep away from iTunes glitches.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad