iPhone to iPad Photo Transfer by Pinch & 3 Better Ways
Do you know how to finish iPhone to iPad Photo transfer by Pinch? This article will tell you the detailed steps and provide you other 3 better ways to transfer without using finger Gestures, let’s begin!
Can You Pinch Paste Photo from iPhone to iPad?
The answer to this question is YES! Apple has introduced several gestures to help you do iPhone to iPad photo transfer pinch. With the three-finger gesture, your thumb, index finger, and middle finger, can use them to pinch inwardly to copy a photo and to pinch outwardly to paste it to another device. As shown in the picture below:
This clever method is a component of Apple's Universal Clipboard feature, designed to enhance the seamless collaboration between Apple devices linked to the same account. It has been proven to be very useful if you want to send photos from your iPhone to your iPad and vice versa. Now let’s learn how to do it.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPad with Fingers
Transfer photos from iPhone to iPad with fingers is a fast way to share photos between two Apple devices. If you are unfamiliar with the mechanism, we will guide you on how to copy photos from your iPhone and paste them into your iPad. All you need is three fingers. Here are detailed steps for transferring photos from iPhone to iPad by pinch.
Step 1. Open the photo you want to transfer to the iPad.
Step 2. Then you can“pick up” that photo by using a three-finger pinch gesture.
Step 3. Next, On your other Apple devices, launch the Notes app.
Step 4. Move your fingers from one device to the other, and then release the pinch on the target iPad.
Step 5. As soon as you “drop” the picture, you should see a confirmation dialog that the image is being copied over.
The article provides you with the steps of how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad with fingers, it is more suitable when you transmit small numbers of photos.
- Both an iPhone and an iPad must use the same Apple ID.
- Make sure your devices have a Wi-Fi connection and Bluetooth is turned on.
- You can only share photos between your own devices like iPhone or iPad.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPad Without Using Finger Gestures
Sometimes, sending photos with three fingers pinches may not work well. So besides this way, what are the other convenient ways to complete iPhone to iPad photo transfer without using finger gestures? The next article provides you with 4 different methods, take a look!
Method 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPad with A Cable
FoneTool is an efficient iPhone data transfer tool that enables you to freely transfer files between two iOS devices or between your iPhone/iPad and PC via USB cable. With its fast transfer speed, you can quickly move numerous images or other files.
- Simple to use. Its interface is user-friendly and the entire operation is simple.
- Preview and selective operation. It allows you to preview all photos on your iPhone to selectively transfer.
- No limit on the number of photo transfer. There are no limitations on the size of photos or the quantity of photos.
- Offline transfer process. It achieves transmission with high quality and the process supports wirelessly.
If you're looking for a reliable and convenient solution to instead iPhone to iPad photo transfer with a pinch, FoneTool can be an excellent choice. Download FoneTool and follow these steps to quickly transfer photos.
Step 1. Running FoneTool > Connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
Step 2. Click Phone Transfer > Then Choose iPhone to PC > Click Start Transfer.
Step 3. You can click the photo to select which photos you want to transfer.
Step 4. After that, you can choose a storage path from Transfer Settings > Click the button Start Transfer to transfer photos to the computer.
Step 5. Now, connect your iPad to the computer > Choose PC to iPhone.
Step 6. Click the “+” icon to browse and select the photos > Choose the photos you want to transfer to the iPad > Click Open to continue.
Step 7. Confirm the photos that will be transferred to your iPad > Click Start Transfer to add photos to your iPad.
Method 2. AirDrop Photos from iPhone to iPad
AirDrop is convenient if you want your Apple devices to communicate with each other and send files or photos. It is similar to transferring photos from iPhone to iPad by pinching, you can send photos between your devices directly. It doesn't even require you to pinch three fingers, just simply connect your two devices. Follow the steps:
Step 1. Enable AirDrop on iPhone and iPad
- Go to Control Center > Ensure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are connected > Press and hold on the network settings card to access AirDrop > Open it, then pick Contacts Only or Everyone.
Step 2. AirDrop Photos from iPhone
- Open the Photos app > Choose the photos you want to transfer > Tap the Share icon > Choose AirDrop option > Select your iPad.
Step 3. Receive Photos on Target iPad
- Choose Accept to receive the photos shared from your iPhone.
- AirDrop cannot send hundreds or more photos at the same time.
- If you don't want to go through all that trouble, then you can move to other methods, Method 1 allows you to transfer hundreds of photos at a time easily with FoneTool.
- If you want to transfer videos, it also supports you to AirDrop videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad.
Method 3. Sync Photos from iPhone to iPad with iCloud
iCloud supports you to sync your all photos from iPhone to iPad. But this method requires a connection to the Internet. If the network connection is stable, the transfer speed will be quick. However, if you are in a situation where there is no Wi-Fi, Method 1 and 2 are better choices for you. Follow are steps to show you transfer photos.
● On iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap your account > Click iCloud > Choose Photos > Open iCloud Photos.
● On iPad: Do the same above to open iCloud Photos on your iPad.
Then, after your iPhone and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, iCloud will automatically start the sync.
FAQs on Photo Transfer by Pinch
After reading the above article, you find the solutions about how to pinch and drop from iPhone to iPad, or transfer photos with powerful tool. Now, you may also want to know these questions:
1. Can I Transfer Other Types of Media, such as Videos or Documents, Using Pinch?
2. Are There Any Limitations to the Number of Photos I Can Transfer Using Pinch?
3. Is Pinch Compatible with Older iPhone and iPad Models?
That’s all about how to iPhone to iPad photo transfer with Pinch, and the article provides other 3 better methods without using finger gestures. If you want to transfer a few photos, you can choose the way you prefer most. If you want to transfer numerous photos at once, FoneTool can help you transfer photos wirelessly or via a USB cable.
By the way, FoneTool also can do: