Can You AirDrop Videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad?
AirDrop is a great function that can help users share videos, photos, contacts, websites, locations, and more between iPhones and iPads. You just need to enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to turn on AirDrop and the transfer can be complete in an instant. There is no limit to the file size and no need to download any additional application.
Can you AirDrop videos from iPhone to iPhone or iPad? Well, it depends on the situation. AirDrop can only help users transfer photo videos - the video stored in the Photos app.
Other types of videos such as home videos, movies, music videos, or TV shows cannot be transferred via AirDrop. That's to say, you cannot AirDrop movies on iPhone. But luckily, there’s one iOS data transfer tool that can help you transfer different kinds of videos.
Next, we will detail the steps about how to AirDrop videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad. If you want to transfer home videos or movies, you can click here to go to the second part to get the suggestion.
The method described in this article works for all iPhone and iPad models: iPhone 14/13/12/SE 2022/11/XR/XS/X & iPad Pro/Air/mini.
How to AirDrop Videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
Here in this part, you will know how to AirDrop videos from iPhone to iPhone.
Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on two devices.
If either of the devices has Personal Hotspot on, please turn it off.
Make sure two devices are nearby and within the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth range (30 feet and preferably closer).
1. Turn on AirDrop on iPhone/iPad
● Go to Control Center > Press firmly or touch and hold the network settings card > Tap AirDrop > Choose Contacts Only or Everyone. (Or you can also go to Settings > tap General > tap AirDrop to choose an option.)
Note: Contacts Only lets you share files with people in your address book; Everyone lets you share files with anyone around you.
2. Choose the Video You Want to AirDrop
● Go to Photos app on the source iPhone > Choose the video you want to AirDrop > Tap the Share icon > Choose the name of the target iPhone/iPad.
3. Receive Video on Target iPhone/iPad
● If you receive a video from others, you will see an alert with a preview. Tap Accept to receive the video and it will be saved in the Photos app.
● If you AirDrop video to yourself, you won't see an option to Accept or Decline. The file will be automatically sent to your device.
An Easy Way to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
AirDrop can only help you transfer photo videos. To transfer other types of videos, you can rely on one iOS transfer tool - FoneTool. This tool can help users transfer any type of video of any size.
● It is able to transfer videos in any size without compromising video quality.
● It is able to transfer various videos: recorded videos, music videos, TV shows, etc.
● Supports iPhone to iPhone/iPad transfer, iPhone to computer transfer and vice versa.
It is only a matter of making a few clicks of the mouse to transfer videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to make it.
Steps to Transfer Videos from iPhone to iPhone
First transfer videos from source iPhone to computer and then transfer videos to the target iPhone.
Transfer Videos to Computer
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect the source iPhone to computer > Enter the passcode on iPhone so the software can access your device.
2. Click Transfer to Computer > Click the “+” icon > Select the videos you need > Click OK.
3. Choose a storage path > Click Transfer to save them to computer.
Transfer Videos to Target iPhone
1. Unplug the source iPhone and then connect the target iPhone to computer > Click the Transfer to iPhone option.
2. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer > Click Open to continue.
3. Finally, click Transfer.
That’s all about how to AirDrop videos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad. Three steps are needed: turn on AirDrop on two devices > AirDrop videos from source device > receive videos on target iPhone. However, only photo videos are supported. You cannot AirDrop home videos from iPhone to iPhone. If you want to transfer home videos or movies, download FoneTool and give it a try.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad