Why does iPhone keep restarting itself?
iPhone keeps restarting can be caused from many reasons, including:
● Bad update: Some people reported when they upgrade their iPhone to a new iOS version, as the iOS 15 beta, the iPhone will restart itself over and over again. If you have the problem after update iOS, you can refer to this post to downgrade your iOS: How to Downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without losing data?
● Faulty settings: Sometimes, users might have some incorrect settings making their iPhone 12, 11, X, 8, 7 keeps restarting by accident.
● Hardware issue: After years of use, an iPhone especially for old models can have some hardware problems. Such as low battery health. You could go to iPhone Settings > Battery > Battery Health to check it.
● Water impact: Even if water resistance has been a feature on iPhone for several years, it doesn’t mean that iPhone is completely safe in the water. You should check the lightning port and make sure it is dry. If the restarting problem is just caused by light water damage, you would find your iPhone turning normal the next day.
If your iPhone randomly restarts when you are watching films or playing games, it would be very annoying. Next, this post will guide you on how to fix iPhone keeps restarting on iOS 14, 15 easily with 5 methods.
How to fix iPhone keeps restarting on iOS 14, 15 issue?
Knowing the reasons why your iPhone won’t stop keeping restarting itself, you can troubleshoot the causes of the problem and follow the solutions below to fix this issue.
You can do a hard reset to your iPhone to complete restart iPhone. This action could revive iPhone from many system issues and the causes of iPhone restart loop might be fixed.
According to the types of iPhone, pick the right way to force restart your iPhone.
● iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume+ button and then quickly release. Press the volume- button and then quickly release it. Press the power button for seconds and wait for the Apple logo.
● iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume- button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
● iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds and wait for the Apple logo to appear.
If you are running the official iOS, your problem might be fixed in the next update.
Go to iPhone Settings > General > Software Update to update iOS to the latest version. If you have problems updating iOS, you can follow the guide to fix an error occurred while checking for a software update.
This method seems weird, but it is recommended by many users out of the problem. It’s simple so you could have a try.
Solution 4. Reset All Settings
If you have installed iOS 14 beta or just update iPhone as usual, some of your settings might be modified. You can recover all the settings.
Go to iPhone Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Solution 5. Fix iPhone in Recovery Mode
iPhone Recover Mode will repair iPhone from any status, but it will lose everything on iPhone so you need to follow the next section to make a backup of iPhone data.
Step 1. Connect iPhone iTunes on computer with a USB cable. Enter Recovery Mode by the way you force-restart iPhone in solution 1. Wait until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
Step 2. After you see the pop-up in iTunes, click Update and wait for iTunes repair your system.
Backup your iPhone to protect your iPhone data
iPhone automatically restarting might cause more serious problems, like data loss, so you need to backup iPhone data.
Here we recommend a popular and powerful iOS backup tool named AOMEI MBackupper, which allows you to easily backup photos, videos, music, contacts, and messages from iPhone to computer. And it also performs well in transfer iPhone data from a computer to your iPhone or from iPhone to a PC.
✓ Fast Backup: Users who have a large amount of data on their iPhones can benefit from it. Backup hundreds of GB of data can be finished in 20 to 30 minutes.
✓ Selective backup: This tool allows you to select some type of files to backup if you don't want to backup all iPhone data to save some space.
✓ Widely Compatible: Support all the iOS devices including iPhone 12, 11, X, 8, 7, 6, iPad 8, 7, iPad Pro 2021, 2020, and iPod Touch 8, 7, 6, and so on.
Download AIMEI MBackupper to computer for free and backup your iPhone in 3 steps.
Step 1. Install and open AOMEI MBackupper, click "Custom Backup" on the main interface.
Step 2. Select iPhone data to preview and select. Click OK then.
Step 3. Select storage path and click Start Backup.
Now you have known why iPhone keeps restarting and how to fix iPhone 11, 12, X, 8, 7 keeps restarting problem on iOS 15, 14. by reading this passage. Just troubleshoot and solve the problem with the above solutions.
To make sure your iPhone data is safe, you need to use AOMEI MBackupper to backup your iPhone to a computer or external hard drive. Besides, this tool can also help you to transfer data from an iPhone to another iPhone.
Is this guide helpful? You could share it to help more people.