How to Perform iPad Full Wipe [without Passcode]
Want to make iPad full wipe but don’t know how to do that? This article shows three different ways to reset iPad and delete everything with or without passcode.
How do I reset my iPad?
My mom has given me her old iPad to me and I want to reset it to factory settings and delete all things on it. How can I do that?”
Why need iPad full wipe?
To make iPad full wipe is to get rid of all content and settings from iPad. Generally, it’s necessary to fully erase iPad under these conditions:
1. Before selling or giving away the old iPad. iPad can hold lots of personal data like photos, videos, health data, etc. To protect your personal information, it’s important to Erase iPad in Advance.
2. iPad storage is full. iPad storage might be running out of space after years of use. To free up iPad storage space, you can wipe iPad clean.
3. iPad is stuck in issues like frozen. When iPad can’t work normally, it’s can be a solution to reset iPad.
Three easy ways to reset and erase all data on iPad
Here offer 3 ways to easily and quickly make iPad full wipe, keep reading. After that, all data on your iPad will lose. Thus, it’s recommended to backup the iPad data to a safe place before erasing it.
Way 1. Factory reset iPad without computer (passcode is required)
iPad's built-in feature, Settings enables you to factory reset iPad just within a few taps without a computer. Let’s walk through the whole process to reset your iPad from Settings.
Step 1. Unlock the iPad and sign out iCloud Apple ID and disable “Find my”.
Step 2. Tap “Settings” on the home screen and choose “General”.
Step 3. Tap “Reset” and “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Step 4. You’ll be asked to enter the iPad’s passcode and enter it to wipe the iPad.
After a while, the iPad will be erased and can be used by a new owner.
Way 2. Make iPad full wipe without passcode
When you can’t wipe iPad from Settings as the iPad is in frozen status or you forget the passcode, you can completely erase the iPad using iTunes in Recovery Mode without passcode. Here are the detailed steps.
Step 1. Download, install and run the latest iTunes on your computer and connect the iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
Step 2. Get your iPad into recovery mode.
For an iPad that has Home button: Press and hold the Home button and the top button at the same time until you see recovery mode screen.
For an iPad without Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume + button and then do the same action to Volume – button. Then press and hold the Top button until the recovery mode screen shows.
Step 3. Click “Restore iPad...” and click "Restore"to restore iPad to original settings and erase all content on it.
Way 3. Fully erase iPad with professional iPad wiping software
From above, you can realize how to factory reset iPad and delete everything on it. However, the data might be restored via professional iPad data recovery. When you buy a new iPad 10/9/8, iPad Air/Pro/Mini and intend to sell or donate your iPad, it’s highly recommended to use a reliable data wiping software for iPad, FoneTool. It can fully wipe iPad or iPhone without recovery. Free download it and use it to clean your iPad completely and permanently.
Step 1. Install and run FoneTool. Connect the iPad to your computer with USB cable and trust the device.
Step 2. On the home interface of FoneTool, click "Toolbox" and click "iPhone Erase".
Step 3. Check “I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data". To guarantee that the data will not be restored, check “Deep erase technology".
Step 4. Click Erase data to clear your iPad.
- It supports all iOS devices, covering iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- All data, including contacts, messages, call history, and Apple ID will be removed irrecoverably after the operation. You can transfer to a computer or a new iPad from the old iPad before wiping.
- Before erasing your iPad, you can use FoneTool to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad. Go to "Phone Transfer" > "iPhone to iPhone".
FAQs about iPad full wipe
1. How do I factory reset my iPad without password?
As aforementioned, you can factory your iPad without passcode using iTunes in Recovery Mode.
2. Does a factory reset delete everything on the iPad?
Yes, factory reset will remove all things on iPad. But you can restore data to your iPad from backup file.
3. How to erase iPad remotely?
If iPad loses accidentally, you can follow the steps to wipe iPad remotely. Go to www.icloud.com/find > Log into your iCloud ID > Click “Find My iPhone” > Click “All Devices” > Find the locked iPhone > Click it and click “Erase iPhone”.