How to Transfer Music from Laptop to iPhone with USB
To enjoy music, you want to transfer music from your Windows 10/8/7 laptop to iPhone. Just refer to this guide, it will give you 2 methods of how to transfer music from laptop to iPhone 14/13/12/11 using USB.
How do I transfer music from laptop to iPhone using USB cable?
I wanted to put some music from my Windows 10 laptop to my iPhone. I don’t have Wi-Fi, but I do have my USB cable to connect the laptop with my iPhone. Should I use iTunes to sync songs? I guess it can overwrite other songs on my iPhone. Could you tell me how to transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB cable easily?
- Question from forums.macrumors.com
Can you transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB cable?
When you want to transfer music from computer to iPhone with a cable, you may use iTunes to sync songs to your iPhone. However, it's important to note that when syncing with iTunes, the existing music on the iPhone will be erased instead of being merged with the newly transferred songs. In simple terms, using iTunes to sync music can result in data loss on your iPhone.
Fortunately, there are alternative methods available that make the task easier and prevent any data loss on your iPhone. The answer is a resounding YES. In the following guide, we will not only explain the conventional approach using iTunes but also introduce a simpler and faster method to transfer songs from your laptop to your iPhone without the risk of erasing any existing data.
How to transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB cable
Continue reading this comprehensive guide to know the methods for putting songs from laptop to iPhone via USB cable.
Method 1. Best way to transfer music from laptop to iPhone
To transfer data from Windows to iPhone without sync or data loss, you can turn to FoneTool. It is a well-known iPhone data transfer tool enabling you to quickly add songs to iPhone and iPad. FoneTool makes transferring music a breeze, ensuring that you can enjoy your favorite tunes anytime, anywhere.
You can view the below advantages and features of FoneTool.
• Fast transfer speed: FoneTool transfer songs to the device much faster than iTunes and other tools.
• Easy-to-use interface: FoneTool uses an intuitive interface. With a few clicks, anyone can easily add their music to iPhone.
• Support transferring iPhone to computer. iTunes only allows one-way synchronization while FoneTool also helps you transfer music from iPhone to laptop/Windows computer.
• No data loss: FoneTool won’t sync data between your data. Your other music file on your iPhone won’t be erased.
Now you can hit the download button to install this software. Then follow the quick step-by-step guide on how to transfer music from laptop/PC to iPhone using USB cable:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with your laptop. And run FoneTool.
Step 2. Choose “Phone Transfer” > “PC to iPhone” on the FoneTool interface.
Step 3. Choose the Music app at the top of the interface. Then add music files from the laptop.
Step 4. Click “Start Transfer” button.
When the transfer is completed, go to the Apple Music app on your iPhone, and the transferred music will be added to your music library. And you can tap “Downloaded” > “Songs” to view all transferred and download items.
Method 2. Use iTunes to transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB cable
If you are an Apple Music user with a substantial collection of purchased songs, iTunes remains the optimal option for transferring music from your laptop to your iPhone. But iTunes will erase existing media files on your iPhone prior to the transfer. And sometimes, you may encounter unknown Windows iTunes issues.
If you still want to use iTunes to transfer music, read the content below, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB cable via iTunes:
1. Start by connecting your iPhone to your laptop and launching iTunes. You will find all your iTunes music organized under the library category.
2. If you need to add music to the iTunes library, click on the "File" option and select "Add File to Library." Then, choose the music files you wish to transfer and click "Open."
3. Select the Music option and click on "Sync Music." Tip "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" according to your need. Click “Done” button
By following these steps, you can successfully transfer music from your laptop to your iPhone using iTunes.
Now you have known how to transfer music from laptop to iPhone with USB. If you prefer to avoid using iTunes, there is an alternative to iTunes on Windows available: FoneTool. With FoneTool, you can effortlessly copy music from your computer to your iPhone without the risk of erasing any existing data.
Furthermore, this versatile tool offers additional functionality, allowing you to transfer pictures, videos, contacts, and more to and from your iPhone. You can even utilize FoneTool to back up iPhone to your computer.