How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone 14/13/12/11
Want to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone but do not know how? This guide will show you how to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone with or without iCloud.
How to transfer contacts from iPad to new iPad
Get a new iPhone 14. What's the easiest way to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone?
- Question from iPhone user
How to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone with iCloud
I lost all my contacts on iPhone but I have contacts backup on my iPad. So I want to know how to sync contacts from iPad to iPhone with iCloud.
- Question from iPhone user
Contacts let you send messages, make phone call or FaceTime call. For anyone who uses both iPhone and iPad for communication, it’s necessary to sync contacts across devices to keep important information up to date.
Since both iPhone and iPad are Apple devices, it is easy to sync contacts between them with the help of iCloud. But iCloud will only let you sync all contacts instead of selected ones. Besides, the iPhone contacts not syncing problem occurs now and then.
Next, I’ll not only detail the iCloud way but also introduce other two ways to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone. No matter what situation you are in: want to transfer contacts to new iPhone, want to transfer selected contacts, want to transfer contacts with different Apple ID, etc., you can find a suitable method to complete the transfer. Here we go.
The methods described in this article works for all iPhone/iPad models including iPad Pro/Air/mini & iPhone 14/13/12/SE/11/XR/XS/X/8/7S/7.
For anyone who wants to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone with different Apple IDs, below are two methods you can apply. Way 1 lets you transfer all or selected contacts at once. Way 2 lets you transfer one contact each time.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone via FoneTool
FoneTool is one easy-to-use iOS transfer and backup tool that can help users transfer contents between iPhone/iPad and computer.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Transfer contacts from iPad to computer
② Transfer contacts from computer to iPhone
You can select the contacts you want to transfer. Most of all, there is no need to reset your iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
Click the download button to get the tool and let it help you transfer contacts.
Steps 1. Transfer Contacts from iPad to Computer
• Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect the source iPad to computer via the USB cable.
• Click Phone Transfer > Select iPhone to PC option and click Start Transfer.
• Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click Start Transfer > Decide the storage path and the format (If you want to view contacts via Excel, you can choose to export iPhone contacts to CSV.) > Click Transfer.
Step 2. Transfer Contacts from Computer to Target iPhone
• Unplug the source iPad and then connect the target iPhone to computer.
• Click PC to iPhone option from Phone Transfer.
• Click Contacts > Choose the contacts you exported before > Finally, click Start Transfer.
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can install the mobile app of FoneTool and let it help you transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone wirelessly.
1. Scan the QR code or go to App Store to get FoneTool.
2. Go to Connect Device to establish a connection.
3. Go to File Transfer to transfer contacts.
Way 2. Share Contacts from iPad to iPhone via AirDrop
If you just want to transfer one or two contact, then AirDrop is the way to go. It’s a wireless way to share contacts from iPad to iPhone and you do not have to install any app on the device.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on iPad, iPhone.
2. Turn on AirDrop on both devices: Open Control Center > Press and hold on the wireless control box > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only, or Everyone.
3. On iPad: Go to Contacts app > Select the contact you want to transfer > Tap Share Contact > Tap AirDrop > Choose iPhone name.
4. On iPhone: Tap Accept to receive the contact and save it to Contacts app.
iCloud is a worth trying method if you want to transfer all contacts from iPad to iPhone. But please make sure that there is enough storage to sync the contacts.
If you have created a new Apple ID for your new iPhone, you may want to know the way to transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another.
Steps to Sync Contacts from iPad to iPhone with iCloud
1. Preparation: Log in to the same Apple ID on iPad and iPhone > Connect to iPad/iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. On iPad: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Turn on Contacts > When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
3. On iPhone: Do the save above to turn on the contacts sync and wait for the syncing.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone 14/13/12/11/XS/XR/8.
If you want to transfer selected contacts, FoneTool is a good choice;
If you only need to transfer one or two contacts, you can AirDrop the contacts;
If you’d like to sync all contacts, then you can let iCloud help you make it.
Which way would you choose? If you have any questions or meet any problems, please free feel to leave a comment and we will reply ASAP.