Contacts let you send messages, make phone call or FaceTime call. For anyone who uses both iPhone and iPad for communication, it’s necessary to sync contacts across devices to keep important information up to date.
Since both iPhone and iPad are Apple devices, it is easy to sync contacts between them with the help of iCloud. But iCloud will only let you sync all contacts instead of selected ones. Besides, the iPhone contacts not syncing problem occurs now and then.
Next, I’ll not only detail the iCloud way but also introduce another two ways to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone. No matter what situation you are in: want to transfer contacts to new iPhone, want to transfer selected contacts, want to transfer contacts with different Apple ID, etc., you can find a suitable method to complete the transfer. Here we go.
The methods described in this article works for all iPhone/iPad models including iPhone 12/SE/11/XR/XS/X/8/7S/7 & iPad Pro/Air/Mini.
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone without iCloud
For anyone who wants to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone with different Apple ID, below are two methods you can apply. Way 1 lets you transfer all or selected contacts at once. Way 2 lets you transfer one contact each time.
Way 1. Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is one iOS backup tool that can help users backup iPhone content to computer. The backup files can be restored to any device and you can take advantage of this feature to transfer contacts to iPhone.
Two steps to complete the transfer:
① Backup contacts on iPad
② Restore the backup files to iPhone
You can select the contacts you want to backup and restore. Most of all, there is no need to reset your iPhone and it will not erase any existing data.
Click the download button to get the tool and let it help you transfer contacts.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone with AOMEI MBackupper
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPad to computer via the USB cable. (Enter passcode on iPad so that the software can access your device.)
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
3. Select a storage path to save the contacts > Click Start Backup.
4. Unplug the source iPad and connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Restore option > Click the icon to choose the contacts you want to restore > Click Start Restore to make it.
Way 2. Share Contacts from iPad to iPhone via AirDrop
If you just want to transfer one or two contact, then AirDrop is the way to go. It’s a wireless way to share contacts from iPad to iPhone and you do not have to install any app on device.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on iPad, iPhone.
2. Turn on AirDrop on both devices: Open Control Center > Press and hold on the wireless control box > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only, or Everyone.
3. On iPad: Go to Contacts app > Select the contact you want to transfer > Tap Share Contact > Tap AirDrop > Choose iPhone name.
4. On iPhone: Tap Accept to receive the contact and save it to Contacts app.
Part 2. How to Transfer Contacts from iPad to iPhone with iCloud
iCloud is a worth trying method if you want to transfer all contacts from iPad to iPhone. But please make sure that there is enough storage to sync the contacts.
If you have created a new Apple ID for your new iPhone, you may want to know the way to transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another.
Steps to Sync Contacts from iPad to iPhone with iCloud
1. Preparation: Log in to the same Apple ID on iPad and iPhone > Connect to iPad/iPhone to stable Wi-Fi network.
2. On iPad: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Turn on Contacts > When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
3. On iPhone: Do the save above to turn on the contacts sync and wait for the syncing.
That’s all for how to transfer contacts from iPad to iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/8.
If you want to transfer selected contacts, AOMEI MBackupper is a good choice;
If you only need to transfer one or two contacts, you can AirDrop the contacts;
If you’d like to sync all contacts, then you can let iCloud help you make it.
Which way would you choose? If you have any questions or meet any problems, please free feel to leave a comment and we will reply ASAP.