Need to Sync iPhone and iPad?
You might consider importing data from one iOS device to another because you have photos on iPhone and want to use them on your iPad or you have songs and movies on your iPad and want to enjoy them on your iPhone.
Syncing data between iPhone and iPad is easy. iCloud and iTunes are two common tools to backup, restore, and sync iOS devices. However, both tools have disadvantages. For example, you are not allowed to only sync selected data. Here in this guide, we will also show you how to sync iPhone and iPad without iCloud/iTunes.
Way 1. How to Sync iPhone and iPad Calendars, Contacts, Messages, Photos, Music, App Data, etc.
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data transfer & backup tool for Windows PC users. It is developed by a team who is focused on data security for more than 10 years. You can let it help you transfer all data with one click or transfer selected items.
Download AOMEI MBackupper on PC and follow the steps below to sync iPhone with iPad. (It supports all iPhone & iPad models including the iPhone 12 series and iPad Pro 2021.)
How to Sync iPhone to iPad with One Click:
It's a good choice if you want to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad. You can let it help you transfer photos, contacts, messages, calendars, Safari bookmarks, app data files, etc. between iPhone and iPad.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone and iPad to computer via USB cable > Enter passcode on iPhone/iPad when asked.
2. Click iPhone to iPhone Transfer.
3. Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption to encrypt data > Click Start Transfer.
How to Selectively Sync iPhone to iPad:
You can transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts and messages selectively.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper and plug in iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup.
3. Click the icon to select items you want to transfer > Click Start Backup to save data to computer.
4. Unplug iPhone and plug in iPad > Go to the Backup Management interface > Click Restore to transfer needed data to iPad.
Way 2. How to Sync iPhone and iPad with iCloud
You can use iCloud to sync iPhone to iPad without computer.
Go to iPhone Settings> [your name] > iCloud and you could see the features and buttons. If you switch on the button, it means you would like to upload the data to iCloud and then you could sync data between iPhone and iPad with iCloud.
Steps to Sync iPhone to iPad with iCloud:
For example, you can toggle on Messages to save iPhone text messages to iCloud on iPhone, then sign in iPad with the same Apple ID, toggle on Messages in iCloud Settings on iPad, and iPad could download the same messages from iCloud.
Usually, you couldn’t view files in iCloud but iCloud Photos are kind of special. You could go to the website or use iCloud client to download iCloud backup to computer.
Sync All Data from iPhone to iPad:
Except for syncing some files, you could also sync the whole iPhone to iPad. It means creating a backup of your iPhone and you could restore that backup to iPad with the same Apple ID.
>> On your iPhone, you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud to turn on iCloud Backup. Click Back Up Now to create a backup at once.
>> On your iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset to choose Erase All Content and Settings to erase the device. Set up iPad until you see the App & Data screen and you can choose Restore from iCloud Backup to make it.
iCloud only offers 5 GB of free storage space. It may not be enough to store all the data. You can check iCloud backup size in iCloud Settings and you can upgrade the storage plan.
Way 3. How to Sync iPhone and iPad with iTunes
iTunes does the job like iCloud. What iTunes backup includes is nearly the same as iCloud backup. It would create a backup of your iPhone to computer and you still can’t view that backup copy.
Syncing iPad with that backup would transfer the data like apps and settings from iPhone to iPad. Follow the steps below to sync iPhone iPad with iTunes.
Steps to Sync iPhone to iPad with iTunes:
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes > Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click the phone-shape icon in the upper-left corner. Choose Summary in the left sidebar.
3. Click Back Up Now and it would take minutes to back up your iPhone. After that, disconnect iPhone.
4. Connect iPad to computer with USB cable
5. Go to Summary > Click Restore Backup and select the right iPhone backup.
Way 4. How to Sync Email between iPhone and iPad
The Settings of iPhone/iPad provides an easy way to help users sync data with email.
1. On your iPhone and iPad, go to the Settings app.
2. Tap Passwords and Accounts > Tap Add Account > Tap Google or other options according to your situation.
3. Enter the required information to add your account and click Next.
4. Then you can turn on the sync of Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes.
That's all about how to sync iPhone and iPad. Which method do you prefer?
● If you want to sync iPhone with iPad wirelessly, you can let iCloud or Email sync help you.
● If you want to sync iPhone with iPad without iCloud, AOMEI MBackupper can be your best choice. It can help you transfer all data or selected files with amazing speed.
Share this guide and it would help more people. If you have any questions about this guide, please leave a comment and we will reply ASAP.