Generally, there are two situations when people want to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone: Just get one new iPhone and want to sync contacts from iCloud to iPhone; Lost contacts accidentally and want to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone. There are three ways to go when it comes to transferring contacts from iCloud to iPhone 14, 13, 12, SE, 11, XR, XS, X, 8, 7s, 7, 6s, 6.
● If you used to sync iPhone contacts to iCloud, you can turn on the Contacts Syncing option in Settings to let them appear on iPhone. (Method 1)
● If you want to download contacts to an iPhone that uses another Apple ID, you can export contacts to computer and add them to iPhone. (Method 2)
● If you have made an iCloud backup including the contacts you need, you can perform a restore to download the whole backup on iPhone. (Method 3)
Method 1. How to Get Contacts from iCloud to iPhone via Settings
iCloud provides an easy way to help users sync data among devices. Once you have turned on the sync for specific data on iPhone, you can access the data easily. So if you have iCloud stored in iCloud, you can just turn on the contacts sync to download contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
It will sync all iCloud contacts to iPhone. If you want to download contacts selectively, Method 2 can help you achieve the goal.
Notes: Please make sure you have logged in with the same iCloud account on iPhone. If you want to sync contacts from different iCloud to iPhone, you can refer to this Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another guide to get the method.
Steps to Get Contacts from iCloud to iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud.
3. Turn on Contacts.
4. When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
If there are lots of contacts that need to be downloaded to iPhone, it may take a while to finish. You can go to the Contacts app and pull down from the top of the screen to refresh the contacts.
Besides, the current contacts on the iPhone will also be merged to iCloud. When you add or update a contact, iCloud makes the change everywhere.
Method 2. How to import Contacts from iCloud to iPhone via FoneTool
This method is applicable to the following two situations:
Want to get contacts stored in a different iCloud account
Want to selectively download contacts from iCloud to iPhone
Two steps to complete the transfer: first export contacts from iCloud to computer and then add them to iPhone via FoneTool.
Steps to Transfer Contacts from iCloud to iPhone
Download Contacts from iCloud.com
1. On computer, open a browser and go to iCloud.com > Sign in with Apple ID and passcode.
2. Choose Contacts > Select the contacts you need > Click the Gear icon > Select Export vCard... and your contacts will be downloaded on computer.
Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone
Now you can transfer the exported contacts to iPhone with FoneTool. It's one professional iOS data transfer tool that can help you transfer contacts, music, photos and more between computer and iPhone.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool> Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click the PC to iPhone option from the bottom of the main interface.
3. Select the "+" to select the VCF file > Click OK to continue > Click Start Transfer to start.
► Note: If you have contacts stored on iPhone, you may choose to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone directly. Besides, the iPhone to iPhone tool can help you transfer contacts, messages, photos, app data, etc. with one click.
Method 3. How to Restore Contacts from iCloud to iPhone
If you want to download more than contacts but also other data to iPhone, you can choose to restore the entire iCloud backup to your iPhone. Of course, you should have a backup beforehand or you may create a new one instead. Be aware that all the existing data on the iPhone will be erased and replaced with the iCloud backup. If you don't mind, check the steps below to see how to restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
Create iCloud Backup: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Turn on iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now. It will take a while to finish the backup since it will backup the whole device.
Steps to Restore Contacts from iCloud to iPhone
1. Erase the iPhone: go to Settings > General > Reset (Transfer or Reset iPhone in iOS 15 and later) > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Restore from iCloud Backup: Set up your iPhone until you see the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup and follow the prompts to finish restoring the backup to iPhone.
That’s all for how to get contacts from iCloud to iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/XR/XS/X/8/7S/7/6. The iCloud Sync feature helps you transfer and import all contacts to iPhone. If you want to selectively download contacts from iCloud to iPhone, you can take advantage of iCloud.com and FoneTool to help you make it.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad