Kinds of Apple services, like iCloud, Family Sharing, iTunes, etc. make Apple devices unique, and Apple ID is the ticket to them. Apple ID can not only keep your settings and Apple services up to date on all of your Apple devices but also keep your personal information secure. However, if you intend to change Apple ID, you may take the risk of losing data, which most of us cannot bear. This passage will give you a solution to how to change Apple ID without losing data.
People may have kinds of reasons to change Apple ID, and the following are the most common situations.
• Just like the question from Apple Community above, you shared the same Apple ID with others. But now, you are eager for a new one for your own.
• If you change the email or buy a new iPhone to replace the old one, you may think of how to change Apple account on your new iPhone without losing data.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t allow its users to transfer data from one Apple ID to another directly. Even if you can transfer data via iCloud, you can just minimize the data loss. Then, you will ask how do I transfer everything from one Apple ID to another? Luckily, AOMEI MBackupper can help you get rid of this issue.
AOMEI MBackupper makes it possible for Apple users to backup their devices and transfer data among them with no effort. Besides its multiple functions, it has other features and benefits.
Download AOMEI MBackupper by clicking the icon below for free, and figure out how to change Apple ID without deleting data in the next part.
It’s easy to transfer all data from one Apple ID to another. But you have to do some checks and preparations before all the steps. For better understanding, assume that you sign in the old Apple ID in the source iOS device and the new Apple ID in the target iOS device.
• All original data in the target iOS device will be overwritten. If you don’t want to lose something in the target iOS device, you’d better make a backup and restore them later.
• To avoid any error caused by the system, the system version of the target iOS device cannot be lower than the source iOS device. If necessary, you can backup it and upgrade iOS.
• Transferring all data to another Apple ID demands enough storage spaces. Hence, you need to check whether the remaining space of the target iOS device is more than the used space of the source iOS device. You can go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage to check.
Now, it’s time to solve the problem of how to change Apple ID without losing data.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the two iOS devices to a computer > Tap Trust This Computer on the devices.
Step 2. Click iPhone to iPhone Transfer in the Tool bar in the Home interface.
Step 3. Enable Backup encryption to encrypt the data in the source device.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer to start.
When it is over, the target device will restart automatically. Now, you can check whether AOMEI MBackupper has transferred everything you want. If you just want to change Apple ID in the same device, you can also full backup it and restore the data with another account.
If you want to transfer some particular files to another Apple ID, such as transferring non-purchased music to new iPhone with a new Apple ID, AOMEI MBackuppr can also be a decent choice for you. Let’s take transfer music to another Apple ID as an example.
Backup music on the old Apple ID
Step 1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source device to the computer.
Step 2. Click Custom Backup > Click Music to choose the songs you want to transfer to another Apple ID > Click OK to continue.
Step 3. Select a storage path > Click Start Backup to backup songs to computer.
Restore music to another Apple ID
Step 1. Connect the device which another Apple ID sign in to the computer > Go to the Backup Management screen > Click the Expand tab > Advanced to choose Restore.
Step 2. You can preview and select the songs as you like. If everything is OK, click Start Restore to make it.
The method above also applies to transfer other files. For example, you can also transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another.
This passage illustrates to you how to change Apple ID without losing data in detail. Confidently, you can transfer all data from one Apple ID to another successfully with AOMEI MBackupper. If you change both Apple ID and your Apple device, it’s highly recommended to erase the old iPhone and make the data unrecoverable to protect your privacy. For more information or queries, feel free to contact us.