iPhone password is set up to protect your privacy. Sometimes, you may want to erase iPhone without password for some personal reasons. However, you will find that you cannot make it when you access iPhone settings. Keep reading the guide, and you will get three effective ways to wipe an iPhone without passcode.
Before seeking for solutions, let’s figure out why you want to erase iPhone without passcode so that you can choose a more suitable method.
● Forget the password. It is the most ordinary reason which has also shown in the question above.
● iPhone is lost or stolen accidentally. It is unfortunate, but to protect your information from using by others, you have to wipe iPhone clean as soon as possible.
● To sell the used iPhone. It is wise to sell the used iPhone after you have bought the latest iPhone. And for the sake of your privacy and the safety of your data, it’s necessary for you to reset iPhone to factory.
● iPhone is not working well. It will be troublesome if your iPhone doesn’t perform well as it should and factory resetting is the last hope for you to make iPhone operate well again.
Generally speaking, Apple allows you to factory reset your iPhone or erase all the data by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to make it. When you want to go further, you will be asked to enter the passcode. Luckily, you can make it with iCloud, iTunes, or professional third-party software.
Method 1. Factory reset iPhone with iCloud remotely
It’s a good way to reset iPhone with iCloud when you lost iPhone by accident because it provide you a way to wipe iPhone remotely. Follow the steps to make it.
Step 1. Go to www.icloud.com/find > Log in your iCloud ID > Click Find My iPhone.
Step 2. Click on the option All Devices > Find the locked iPhone > Click it on.
Step 3. Click on Erase iPhone. Then your iPhone will be completely wiped.
Apple also offers you iTunes to wipe iPhone completely which can be a decent choice if you forget the password of your iPhone. So how do you reset iPhone when you forget your password? Depending on whether you have synced iPhone to iTunes, the methods can be slightly different.
If you have synced iPhone to iTunes
Step 1. Update the latest version of iTunes on a computer and open it > Plug iPhone into the computer.
Step 2. Click the Device tab > Click Summary > Click Restore iPhone...option.
• All data on your iPhone will be erased. The latest version of iOS will be downloaded on your iPhone as well.
• To restore iTunes backup, connect your iPhone, and go to iTunes > Select your iPhone > Restore Backup > Choose a backup version and click Restore. iTunes may encounter problems, you can try to fix it or turn to another way to backup and restore your iPhone.
If you never sync iPhone to iTunes
>> Step 1. Put iPhone into recovery mode.
The methods differ from the models of iPhone. Connect your iPhone to a computer, and follow the specific steps to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
For iPhone X or later, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus:
Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears > Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone > Then connect your iPhone to computer while holding the Side button > Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider appears > Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone > Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Volume Down button > Keep holding the Volume Down button until you see the recovery mode screen.
For iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier:
Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears > Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone > Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button > Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
>>Step 2. A pop-up box will open, click Restore to factory reset your iPhone.
If you want to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes or iCloud, you can try AOMEI MBackupper to erase your iPhone completely and the data won’t be recovered any longer.
No matter you want to sell the old iPhone or make it work well again after erasing, you can easily backup and erase iPhone for free at the same time with AOMEI MBackupper.
Download AOMEI MBackupper first. Then have a try.
Step 1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone to computer with a stable USB cable.
Step 2. Click Erase iPhone on the interface. (If you want to save iPhone data first. Click Custom Backup to backup selective data or Full Backup to backup all data on your iPhone.)
Step 3. Click “I have understand the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data.”
Step 4. Click Erase iPhone.
Hope you can erase iPhone without password after reading this guide. If you concern about your data safety, it is suggested that AOMEI MBackupper is your best choice. For more information, you can contact us or give your comment on this page. We will reply to you as soon as possible.