Why backup iPhone to a computer?
with the amazing A serial chip, an iPhone can be one of the most durable mobile phones in the world. Recently, there are still lots of uses keeping some old iPhone models, like iPhone 4S, 5, 6, 7, 8. And it is necessary to backup the iPhone 4s/5/6/7/8 to a computer for some reasons, like
● Backup important data: For an old model of iPhone, the hardware would be easily broken and lead to data loss. It is so important to save some important data in a safe place.
● Switch to a new iPhone: When you have a new iPhone and don't want to lose the previous data, you can create a full iPhone backup on a computer and restore them to the new iPhone to transfer the data.
● Free up space on iPhone: Generally, an old iPhone does not have much internal storage. With years of use, the storage can run out, you can partially backup your iPhone and delete some of the data to free up space.
Next, this passage would guide you on how to backup an iPhone to a computer easily
How to backup iPhone 4s/5/6/7/8 to computer with 2 Methods?
Here we demonstrate 2 common methods to save iPhone to a PC. You can choose the official tool-iTunes or a popular third-party tool to perform the backup.
Method 1. Backup iPhone to computer with iTunes
iTunes is an official tool for iPhone backup but it is criticized for complicated operation and offering no options. You could backup most information on your phone, including settings and app data but you can’t preview or select any files or view the image file.
✍ Note: If you want to selectively backup your iPhone or iTunes can't read the iPhone, please turn to method 2.
Step 1. Download iTunes. Connect your iPhone to a computer and tap Trust, and make sure your iPhone is detected by iTunes
Step 2. Click the phone-shape icon in the upper-left corner > click Summary in the sidebar.
Step 3. Once you enter the "Summary", click Back Up Now. Then you should wait for the task completed. It usually takes about 10 minutes.
Method 2. Backup iPhone to computer without iTunes (selective and full backup)
iTunes is an effective tool to save data for iPhone. You may find the iTunes can't read your iPhone sometimes. And iTunes does not support selective backup data if you only want to backup photos or videos, or other data.
Don't worry, you can turn to a reliable and professional iOS backup tool-FoneTool. This tool enables you to backup videos, music tracks, messages, and contacts to a computer within at most 3 steps. It also supports make a full backup for your iPhone.
✓ Support selective backup: This tool enables you to only backup photos, videos, messages, and other data and select specific files if you don't want to completely backup all data on your iPhone.
✓ External Drive: Want to carry the image file with you? You could backup your iPhone to an external drive to conveniently view them when you need them.
✓ iPhone to iPhone Transfer: Besides making a full back and restore iPhone to switch to a new iPhone. This tool support directly transferring data from an iPhone to another iPhone.
✓ Widely Compatible: It supports most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 14/14.6/15.
Step 1. Download FoneTool for free. Connect your iPhone to your computer and tap Trust on it.
Step 2. Click "Phone Backup" on the left side of the interface. Move the mouse to "Full Backup". Click the "Get Started" button
✍ Note: You can also choose "Selective Backup" to selectively backup photos, videos, messages, and other data.
Step 4. You can click Backup Storage Path to choose a storage path, and click "Start Backup" to start the operation.
If you need to restore the image files, connect your device to computer and click "Full Restore" to restore them to an iPhone.
With iTunes and FoneTool, you can easily backup an iPhone 4s to a computer. They are also applied to iPhone 5/6/7/8/X/11/12/13/14 and other iOS devices. If you are transfer data from a new iPhone. You can wipe the old iPhone before selling or abandon it.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad