The Need to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer
▲ There are a lot of data on your old iPhone 6 and you might need to delete old files or uninstall apps to free up iPhone storage. You can delete the Other data or first backup iPhone to computer and then delete some old photos, songs, messages to free up space.
▲ Maybe you have enough storage on your iPhone 6 but you still want to backup it. You have known the importance of data security. The data on your iPhone 6 is always faced with the threats of all kinds of possibilities like the iPhone is stolen or the system is corrupt.
▲ In addition, you may have just bought a new iPhone 12 to replace the iPhone 6. Congratulation! You may want to give your iPhone to someone else, it is necessary to backup your data before wiping your iPhone. Someday you might need the photos or other things.
Here in this guide, you would be given 2 ways about how to backup iPhone 6 to computer. You can use iTunes or third-party software. Both of which will help you permanently store iPhone data on computer. Saving backup copy on PC could protect the privacy of your data and it would be convenient to view and restore data without network.
Part 1. How to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to Computer
To backup iPhone 6 to computer, AOMEI MBackupper could be very helpful. It is a professional iPhone backup tool that is developed by a team who is focused on data security for more than 10 years. It provides two backup modes: selective backup and full backup. You can save files on iPhone 6/6s to the computer via a customized backup plan.
AOMEI MBackupper requires a simple operation to complete the task. It could be used to back up photos, videos, music, messages, contacts and more within just a few steps. Download it on your computer and follow the steps below to backup iPhone 6 to Windows 10, 8, 7.
How to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to PC - Selective Backup
● Preview Files: Whenever you back up or restore your iPhone, you can preview and select the files you need.
● Customized Backup: You would be given options in every step. For example, when you back up the photos, you can select just some of them and you could also do this when restoring your iPhone.
● Selective Restoration: It allows you to restore the backup to any device including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Click Custom Backup.
3. You can click the icon to select the data you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
4. After you have selected the files you want to backup, please select a path to store your files. Finally, click Start Backup in the lower left. Your backup task would be completed in minutes.
When you need to restore iPhone 6’s backup file to another device, just select the backup and click Restore.
How to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to PC - Full Backup
If you want to backup iPhone 6 with one click, the Full Backup tool can help with this. It will backup photos, contacts, call history, messages, memos, calendars, Safari history and bookmarks, etc.
1. Click Full Backup in the Tools bar.
2. Choose Full Backup.
3. Enable backup encryption > Choose the storage path > Click Start Backup.
Note: The backup can be restored to any device. You can take advantage of this feature to transfer data to new iPhone.
Part 2. How to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to iTunes
You may often use iTunes to enjoy thousands of songs and movies and it also can be used to backup iPhone.The backup created by iTunes can be used to fully restore iPhone to the previous version, but it does not mean that it recovers everything. You’d better know what iTunes backup includes because you can’t preview iPhone data as you did in the previous method.
How to Backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to iTunes on Windows PC
1. Connect your iPhone to PC with a lightning cable.
2. Plug in your iPhone 6. Tap Trust on your iPhone 6 when asked.
3. Click the phone-shape button in the upper left.
4. Go to Summary > Select This Computer > Click the blue-button Back Up Now to start backing up your iPhone.
Note: When you need to restore your iPhone, click the white-button Restore Backup. Files having been upload to iCloud will not be backed up.
Saving the important data from iPhone 6 to computer and safely delete them on iPhone without misgivings because you can always restore iPhone from that backup.
iTunes may be the first thing that comes to your mind when you want to back up your iPhone 6. You can backup your iPhone 6 to iTunes, but there are many limitations, such as you can't selectively backup and restore data. If you want an easier way to finish the job, AOMEI MBackupper is a better choice.
If you have any question about this "How to backup iPhone 6/6s (Plus) to computer" guide, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible. If you think this article is helpful, you can recommend it to your friends.