Can You Add Music to iPod Nano without iTunes?
Apple wants users to use iTunes to transfer music from computer to iPod. However, you want to put music on your iPod Nano without iTunes because of its disadvantages.
● It only lets you pair your iPod with one computer - you cannot transfer music to iPod from different computers.
● What’s worse, the music sync will cause data loss - it will erase the existing music files on your iPad Nano.
In addition to these two points, not to mention that iTunes is sometimes very slow, which is always maddening. So can you put music on iPod without iTunes? Fortunately, the answer is YES. Keep reading to get the method.
How to Add Music to iPod Nano without iTunes
It’s possible to put music on iPod through drag and drop. You can try to find the music folder of iPod and then add songs to the folder. However, some users who have tried it said that this method does not work: I just tried it. I can see all my songs in the iPod Music folder when I look from my PC, but I can’t get any music to play.
How to Add Music to iPod Nano without iTunes but via Drag and Drop
1. Connect your iPod to computer via USB cable.
2. If you used to use iTunes to sync music, please go to the Summary page and uncheck Enable disk use. Then close iTunes.
3. Go to This PC/Computer to find your iPod > Double click your iPod > Then click Tools > Choose File Explorer Options.
4. On the File Explorer Options window, click the View tab and check Show hidden files, folders, and drives > Click Apply to confirm.
5. Now you will see a folder named iPod_control > Now you can drag or copy music files to this folder.
Bonus: Add Music to iPhone without iTunes
You want to know how to add music to iPod Nano without iTunes because it's not a good way to transfer music. If you own an iPhone, you may try FoneTool to transfer music. It's one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PCs. It can help users manage music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more. Supports transferring between iDevice and computer, between two iDevices.
Features of Music Transfer
● Transfer All or Selected. It lets you transfer the whole music library or just the selected songs as per your needs.
● Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
● No Data Erasing. It will only put songs on iPod touch and all content on your device will remain 100% safe.
The user-friendly interface makes it possible to complete the transfer in only a few clicks. Just follow the steps given below to add music to your iPhone.
Download Music to iPhone without iTunes but via FoneTool
1. Download and install FoneTool on computer.
2. Run FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. Click Phone Transfer on the Home screen > Locate PC to iPhone option and click Start Transfer.
4. Click the “+” icon > Browse your computer and choose the songs you want to add to iPhone > Click Open to continue.
5. Confirm the songs you will be added to your iPhone > Click Start Transfer to start.
If you have songs stored on iPhone, you can choose to transfer music from iPhone to iPod directly.
That’s all for how to add music to iPod Nano without iTunes. If you want to add music to iPod without any tool, you can choose to copy songs to iPod music folder. However, this method does not work for everyone. If you have an iPhone, then you can use FoneTool to help you transfer songs without data erasing.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad