Apple iPod series are independent devices specially designed for music services. Now the latest one is the seventh-generation iPod touch. It’s similar in design to the iPhone, which can be used as a music player, a handheld gaming device, a digital camera, a web browser, etc.
As for iPhone to iPod music transfer, you can simply download the purchased songs on iPod touch with the same Apple ID. However, how about those non-purchased songs you saved from other sources? Well, don’t worry, you can find the right way after reading this guide.
Part 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod without iTunes
To transfer music from iPhone to iPod touch in an easy, quick, and safe way, one professional iOS data transfer tool - AOMEI MBackupper can be your best choice. Music can be transferred to iPod touch in only a few clicks.
● Supports Purchased & Non-purchased Songs. It can transfer any songs downloaded from different sources.
● Transfer All or Selected. It lets you transfer the whole music library or just the selected songs as per your needs.
● No Risk of Data Loss. It will not erase any existing songs, media files, or any other content on the target device.
Next, we will show you how to transfer music from iPhone to iPod touch. You can download the tool on your computer and follow with us to put music to your iPod.
Steps to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod touch
Two Steps: transfer music from iPhone to computer > transfer music from computer to iPod
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer via the USB cable. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPhone to give the software access to your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Select the songs you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination > Click Transfer to save songs to your computer.
5. Unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPod touch > Click Transfer to iPod touch option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you’d like to add to iPod touch > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Transfer to make it > Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Part 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod touch without Computer
If you want to transfer music from iPhone to iPod touch without computer, you can take advantage of cloud storage services to finish the job. First upload songs to the cloud storage on iPhone and then download the songs on iPod touch. Here we take Dropbox as an example.
Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod touch without Computer but via Dropbox
1. Download Dropbox app on iPhone and iPod > Sign in with the same account.
2. On iPhone: Open Dropbox > Tap Add Files to select the songs you need > Click Upload to save songs to your account.
3. On iPod touch: Open Dropbox > Find the songs you need and download them on device for offline listening.
Part 3. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod Using iTunes
If you want to transfer purchased music from iPhone to iPod, then iTunes can do you a favor. First transfer purchased songs from iPhone to iTunes and then sync the songs to your iPod. Works for all iPod models including iPod touch, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano.
Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod Touch/Shuffle/Nano Using iTunes
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Run iTunes and plug in the iPhone > Tap Trust or enter the passcode on iPhone if asked.
3. Click File > Choose Devices > Select Transfer Purchases from “XXX”.
4. Unplug iPhone and plug in iPod.
5. Click Music > Choose Sync Music > Choose to sync Entire Music Library or Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres > Click Apply to start the syncing. (Please note that it will erase all existing songs on the iPod.)
Above are the methods about how to transfer music from iPhone to iPod Touch/Shuffle/Nano. To quickly transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs, AOMEI MBackupper is the best choice. What’s more, it lets you transfer videos and photos easily. Go for it now and discover more!