iPod is a great music player, but Apple announced that it's discontinuing the iPod Touch. Actually, iPod has been gradually replaced by the iPhone which keeps upgrading. After all, the iPhone has more functions and more storage space. It seems that there is no need to take iPhone with iPod since the iPhone is a perfect music playback device and also satisfies your other requirements.
Now you may get the new iPhone 13/12 and want to transfer music from iPod to your new iPhone. Well, there are 3 workable methods that can help users transfer music from iPod to iPhone. If you have a computer at hand, you can make it with iTunes or third-party transfer tool. If you want to transfer music from iPod to iPhone without computer, you can make it via cloud services.
Way 1. Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone with iTunes
If you just want to transfer purchased songs to iPhone, you can let iTunes help you. You should first sync iPod music to iTunes and then sync the songs to your iPhone. Below are the detailed steps.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone Using iTunes:
1. Please make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Connect your iPod to computer via USB flash drive and run iTunes.
3. Click File > Choose Devices > Select Transfer Purchases from “your iPod name”. And the purchased songs will be transferred to iTunes library.
4. Unplug your iPod and plug in your iPhone.
5. Click Song on the menu bar > Click Songs > Select the song that you’d like to transfer to iPhone > Right-click the song and choose Add to Device.
6. Choose your iPhone as the destination device and it will start the transfer at once.
Way 2. Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone without iTunes
If you want to transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs from iPod to iPhone or you just feel tired using iTunes, you can rely on one third-party tool - FoneTool to help you finish the job without effort.
This professional iOS data transfer tool can help you transfer music from iPod to iPhone freely in just a few clicks. You can first preview and then select the songs you want to tranfer.
Now free download this tool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer songs from iPod/iPod touch to iPhone in two steps: transfer songs from iPod to computer > add music to iPhone.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod without iTunes:
1. Launch FoneTool > Plug in your iPod/iPod touch to computer. (You may need to enter the passcode on iPod so that the tool can read your device.)
2. On the Home screen, click Phone Transfer option. Move the cursor to iPhone to PC. Click Start Transfer.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs you’d like to transfer > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose a destination on Transfer Settings > Click Start Transfer to transfer iPod music to computer.
5. Unplug in your iPod and plug in your iPhone > Click Transfer to iPhone option.
6. Click the “+” icon > Choose the songs that exported from iPod > Click Open to continue.
7. Finally, click Start Transfer to transfer music to iPhone > Click OK when the transfer is completed.
Way 3. Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone without Computer
If you have no computer at hand, there’s a way that can help you transfer music from iPod touch to iPhone without computer. You can choose to first upload iPod touch songs to cloud services such as Dropbox and then download the songs on iPhone.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone without Computer:
1. Download and install Dropbox on iPod touch and iPhone.
2. Sign in with the same account.
3. On iPod, open Dropbox > Tap Add Files to select the songs you need > Click Upload to save songs to your account.
4. On iPhone, open Dropbox > Find the songs from iPod and save them on your device.
That’s all for how to transfer music from iPod to iPhone. Compare these 3 methods, FoneTool is the best choice that lets you transfer purchased and non-purchased songs selectively. What’s more, you can also take it to transfer photos, videos, contacts, and messages quickly. Download FoneTool to discover more.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad