“I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I need to factory reset it with the Toshiba restore point, what should I do, please help.”
Most Toshiba laptops has the factory restore point stored in the hidden reocvery partition, this factory restore point allows you to restore Toshiba to factory settings if you system fails to boot.
How to use Toshiba restore point to do Toshiba Satellite recovery? Just see the detailed steps below.
How to Perform Toshiba Satellite Factory Reset?
IMPORTANT: The Toshiba system recovery process will delete all data stored on the internal storage drive except for the factory system files, settings, and programs. Please backup files first before Toshiba factory reset.
Preparations for Toshiba Satellite factory reset:
Shut down the Toshiba Satellite computer.
Remove all peripherals such as external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
Plug in the AC Adapter to the computer.
If you could boot Windows successfully, please try the below to reset Toshiba to factory settings in Windows 10:
1. Click Start and choose Settings.
2. Select Update & security.
3. Click Recovery, and tap Get Started at the Reset this PC.
4. Choose Keep My Files.
5. Wait for a while, it will show you Ready to reset this PC, and details about the Toshiba factory reset.
It will reset your PC with the factory restore point, and will restart automatically.
If your system fails to boot, here is steps to reset your PC without Windows:
1. Start your computer and press 0 (zero) Toshiba recovery key to open Automatic Repair window. Choose Advanced options.
2. Choose Troubleshoot in Choose an option window.
3. Select Reset this PC.
4. Choose Keep My files.
5. Choose an account and enter the password, click Continue.
6. Press Reset, and it will reset your Toshiba Satellite loptop to factory settings using the Toshiba restore point.
Toshiba Factory Reset 0 Not Working
However, many users complained that Toshiba factory reset 0 not working, which means press 0 recovery key while booting up the computer would not bring up the Toshiba recovery environment even the hidden recovery partition exist.
The root cause of the 0 key not working for factory reset might the recovery partition is locked by developer of the manufacturers or the recovery environment missing. You have to contact the IT experts to get the problem solved.
If you still cannot get it fixed, don’t worry. There is another way to create a factory recovery partition (contains the Toshiba restore point) and make it working.
Better Way to Create Toshiba Restore Point
The best system restore point creator – AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional will do you a big favor. It allows you create Toshiba restore point with simple steps in Windows PCs and Servers, including Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2003/2008 (R2)/2012 (R2)/2016/2016, SBS 2003/2008/2011, WHS 2011.
Here is how to create Toshiba restore point and the Toshiba recovery key, then make the recovery key back to normal to perform Toshiba factory reset.
Create Toshiba Factory Recovery Partition (Contians the Restore Point):
1. Download the system restore point creator and install, choose OneKey System Backup on main console.
2. Choose Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended), and press Next.
3. Select a partition to create Toshiba recovery partition behind. And click Start Backup to create Toshiba restore point in Windows 7/8/10.
Then you can see the recovery partition in Disk Management:
You will get two partitions in GPT disk: AOMEI (boot partition) and AOMEI Recovery Partition (contains system image file suffix with .adi), all these partitions are hidden by default.
You will get only one AOMEI Recovery Partition in MBR disk.
Set Toshiba Recovery Key as F11 or A key:
Click the Settings icon at the toolbar to set the F11 or A key as the shortcut to restore Toshiba to factory settings.
Then you could press the F11 or A key to enter into AOMEI Recovery environment during system startup to perform Toshiba factory reset now. And the Toshiba factory reset 0 not working problem will not bother you again.
How to restore Toshiba to factory settings useing Toshiba restore point? Here are two ways to perform Toshiba factory reset. Try AOMEI OneKey Recovery to create factory recovery partition and set a Toshiba recovery key if the Toshiba factory reset 0 not working.
If you would like to create, manage, monitor the backups for all clients, please try AOMEI Centralized Backupper to enjoy.