What is Acer Restore Key
Acer restore key, also known as Acer recovery hotkey, Acer reset key or Acer reset button, refers to one key or a set of keys which can trigger the computer boot into recovery environment when power the computer on and let you restore Acer to factory settings.
The Acer restore key is Alt + F10. These keys are used to restore system to factory defaults if the system failure due to virus/hacker/malware attacks, software errors, wrong operations, hardware corruption, etc.
By the way, other brands also provide such restore key: Lenovo restore key is NOVO button, Shift key or F11 Key, Asus recovery hotkey is F9 key, HP factory reset key is F11 key, Dell recovery key is F8 (for Windows 7) or F12 (for Windows 8/8.1).
How Factory Reset Your PC using Acer Reset key
1. Press the Power key for 5 seconds to power off Acer computer completely. Then restart the computer and press Alt + F10 when its logo shows up.
2. Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
✎Note: all the data you created will be deleted after the restoration. Just choose "Refresh your PC" to restore system if you want to keep all files.
3. Click Next, then select Just remove my files.
4. Press Reset to begin the recovery.
How to Use Acer eRecovery Management for Reset
Besides Alt + F10 restore key, Acer still provides users another way to reset computer to factory default settings, it's to use Acer eRecovery Management. You can continue to follow the steps below.
1. Open Acer eRecovery Management and choose Restore in the main window.
2. Select Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults if you don't create backup manually. Conversely, choose Restore Operating System and Retain User Data and it will store your data on the C:\backup folder.
3. Then follow the steps to restore Acer to default settings.
Both Alt + F10 restore key and Acer eRecovery Management are helpful for users who want to let their computer go back to a working state. However, you may find Acer eRecovery Management or Alt + F10 recovery key not working restore to factory settings. It is probably caused by bad sectors, corrupted or deleted recovery partition, etc.
Then, is there any effortless way to restore Acer to default or previous status? The answer is Yes, you can use a relaible third-party one key recovery software to create an initial backup when you get your computer first or directly backup its current status including data and programs on it. The latter minimizes data losses if you happen to create a backup before your computer runs into issues.
Create A New Acer Restore Key with AOMEI OneKey Recovery
AOMEI OneKey Recovery Professional is a great option to help you create backup image and enable recovery key ( A or F11). And it's more powerful and avoids data losses. The backup image created by this software will include everything on the system partition and it will stay as it is after recovery. And if it is a scheduled task, you will get all the changes from a factory image or previous backup.
By default, this software applies to all brands of computers, including Acer, Lenovo, Asus, HP, Dell, Toshiba, Samsung, Sony, etc. Thus, you can use its recovery key on all of them. Besides, it allows you to add boot menu at the startup process.
Here is how to create new Acer recovery partition with simple clicks in Windows. Before that, please download and install this software first.
1. Perform AOMEI OneKey Recovery and click OneKey System Backup option.
2. Choose Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition (Recommended) option, and press Next >>.
3. Select a partition to create AOMEI Recovery Partition, tap Start Backup >> to create a new recovery partition in your Acer laptop.
4. After the AOMEI Recovery Partition created finished, click Settings icon at the top right corner, and then set the F11 or A key to enter AOMEI recovery environment in case you need to restore system to previous state or factory settings.
✎Note: You will get two partitions in GPT disk: AOMEI (boot partition) and AOMEI Recovery Partition, and only one AOMEI Recovery Partition in MBR disk.
After creating backup, you can use the AOMEI Recovery Partition to restore system at any time. Launch this software or use its recovery key to get access, then choose OneKey System Recovery and the way and location to restore system, finally click Start Restore.
Acer restore key or Acer eRecovery Management can help you reset computer to default settings quickly. If you don't want to lose any data or the Alt + F10 Factory reset key not working, it's necessary to create a recovery partition automatically with AOMEI OneKey Recovery. Also, it provides F11 or A key as recovery key to start the system recovery process.