Where to Find Audacity Files Quickly If Lost or Deleted
Where to find Audacity files? Here come 4 different but all useful methods in this post. Just read on to know how they work to get your Audacity files back.
Information about Audacity
Audacity is a famous recording application for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems, can record live audio, computer playback, switch tapes into recordings, or edit sound files. Audacity has become famous and popular since it was released and brings a lot of convenience to musicians, recorders, and even you and me.
When you use Audacity to edit your sound files, you can save them as an Audacity project and the file name extension is .aup. However, you may encounter the cannot find your Audacity files issue sometimes. You may ask where to find Audacity files and how do I access Audacity files. Please continue reading this post to find deleted files or lost files effectively.
Where to find Audacity files: 4 ways here
Your Audacity may be lost or deleted due to accidental deletion, system crashes, virus attacks, and so on. Before getting to know some professional file recovery methods, you can try recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin first. Just open Recycle Bin and locate your Audacity file to right-click on it and choose Restore. If there is not your Audacity file here, please refer to other solutions in the later contents.
Way 1. Find Audacity files via a professional file recovery tool
Where to find Audacity files if they are not in Recycle Bin? Maybe a professional file recovery tool can help you a lot. Here we highly recommend a free recovery software named MyRecover.
MyRecover is a professional recovery tool that can help you recover files from all kinds of situations like formatted partition recovery, permanently deleted recovery, etc.
In addition, MyRecover supports to recover more than 200 types of files like audio, photos, videos, documents, emails, compressed files, and more. So you can use it to recover your Audacity files successfully.
At the same time, MyRecover has many outstanding points:
- Compatible with all Windows operating systems including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Provide a high recovery rate and recovery speed.
- Keep the recovered file with its original name, path, and format.
- Multiple scanning methods like Deep Scan and Quick Scan.
- Recover files from many storage devices like recovering files from SSD, HDD, USB, SD cards, and more.
If you think your Audacity files are lost or deleted, try this free recovery software. Download and set up MyRecover on your computer first.
1. In MyRecover, click on the partition or disk where your Audacity files were stored before. And press Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. All your deleted files and other missing files will show on the page after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically.
3. After you check the scanning result, you can select a new location to save your recovered Audacity files. After configuration, click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task to find your Audacity files.
Way 2. Find Audacity files from exported files
Maybe you want to find the Audacity tracks or recordings and want to know where are my Audacity files saved. You can go to find your Audacity files in the folder that saves Audacity exported files. Follow the steps to find Audacity files:
1. In the Audacity client, click File and choose Open.
2. Find the folder or storage device that saves your Audacity files. Choose the Audacity file you want and press Open.
Way 3. Find Audacity files from AutoSave feature
There is a feature called AutoSave in the Audacity application. When you encounter an accidental close or crash, or you forget to save your file, such a feature may help you find your Audacity file. You can follow the steps to have a try:
1. Restart the Audacity application, a crash recovery dialog will show up. Choose to recover unsaved data for all projects, then load the recovered waveforms.
2. Click on the File tab on the top menu. Choose Save Project > Save Project.
Way 4. Find Audacity files from temporary folder
Where does Audacity save files? There is also a temporary folder of Audacity, which is located in the same drive where you install the Audacity application. When you cannot find your Audacity files, you can go to this folder to see if they exist.
1. Open Audacity, press the Ctrl and P keys.
2. The Preferences Directories window will show up. Choose the Directories tab and input the path of the temporary folder:
In Windows 11/10/8: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Audacity\SessionData
In Windows 7: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\audacity_1_2_temp
In Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Temp\audacity_1_2_temp
3. Choose your files to save to another secure location.
Written in the end
Now, you have known where to find Audacity files. If they have not been deleted permanently or lost completely, some built-in features may get them back. If they have been deleted or lost exactly, you can consider using reliable recovery software to help you and the best data recovery software has been introduced in this post.