[3 Methods] How to Recover Music Files Quickly and Easily
To recover music files, here we provide 3 effective solutions and how-to guides. You can choose the easiest one after finishing it.
Can audio file be recovered?
“Is there a way to recover music files that have disappeared? So, apparently many of the songs on my computer were deleted. I really don't know why. I think some other files were deleted as well, but these songs are the most important to me (hundreds of .mp3 and .wav files). Most of them were stored in the Downloads folder. Do you have any ideas about what I should try now?”
You may have experienced a similar situation: losing your music files. But most music files can be recovered in different ways. In this article, we offer 3 easy solutions to recover music files. You can try them all until you successfully get back something you accidentally deleted.
3 methods on recovering music files
To recover audio files, you need some specified methods. And for different situations, there are different ways to recover deleted files.
Method 1. Recover music files from Recycle Bin
How to recover deleted music? The basic way is to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin. As long as you haven't cleaned your Recycle Bin, then it is possible to find your lost music files from there. Just follow the easy steps to recover your music file from Recycle Bin:
1. Open the Recycle Bin on the desktop, and locate your music file here.
2. Just right-click on it to choose Restore.
Method 2. Recover music files via Windows File Recovery
If your music files do not exist in the Recycle Bin, you can try data recovery software like Windows File Recovery provided by Microsoft. If you are using Windows 10 build 19041 or later versions of Windows, you can try this command-line tool to recover deleted audio files. Besides, it supports to recover photos, videos, document, and many other types of files.
But you need to learn something about the command: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
Then, you need to check your File system by right-clicking on your disk in This PC and choosing Properties.
Then you can choose the proper mode using the file system according to the table below:
Steps to use Windows File Recovery
1. Go to the Microsoft Store to Get and install the Windows File Recovery app on your PC.
2. Next, go to the Windows menu to find it, and click Run as administrator.
3. Input the proper command line and tap Enter, for example, input winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper*. Click Y to continue. Just wait for the recovery process, and you can see your recovered files in the recovery destination.
Method 3. Recover music files with an easy data recovery tool
Not all deleted and lost music files will be in the Recycle Bin, and CMD may be too complex for you to perform. So here we highly recommend an easy free data recovery tool to recover deleted audio files - MyRecover.
MyRecover allows you to recover music from SD card/HDD/SSD/external hard drive, and many other storage devices.
Compared with the CMD recovery method, AOMEI Data Recovery provides a clear graphical user interface and simple operating steps. So, you do not need to know any IT knowledge, and you can use it to recover your files easily.
Besides, MyRecover has many shining points as well:
● Recover deleted data with its filename/format/path kept.
● Scan and recover data at a high speed and recovery rate.
● Compatible with Windows OS including Windows 11/10/8/7 SP1 & Server.
● Recover 200+ types of data like Word, PPT, Excel, Photos, Videos, Audios, Emails, Webpages, and Compressed files.
Now, you can click on the Download Software button to get the free file recovery software on your PC and follow the easy steps to recover music files via MyRecover.
1. In AOMEI Data Recovery for Window, click the partition or disk where your music files are lost. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted music files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically. You can type your music filename in the search box or use the Filter feature to find your music files quickly.
3. Next, check the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin the music files recovery task.
Related suggestions: protect your music files better
Though a great data recovery tool like MyRecover can help you to recover music files easily, it is necessary for your to take actions to protect your music file better. The best way is to create backups of your music files. Here we recommend a professional backup tool - AOMEI Backupper. It supports to back up your files automatically and regularly. Then you can recover your music files from backups once they are lost again.
Reading here, you may find the best solution to recover music files. Your best option is to ask help for a professional data recovery tool like MyRecover. You can recover your music files or other types of files with a few clicks with it. Besides, backup is of great importance and you can try the backup freeware - AOMEI Backupper.