Where to Find Deleted Files on Windows 10, Recover Them Now
Where to find deleted files on Windows 10? This tutorial shows you how to locate deleted files and restore deleted files from Recycle Bin. And, we offer a way to restore files even if Recycle Bin has been emptied.
User case: Where do I find deleted files on my computer?
I am using a computer with Windows 10. A few days ago, I deleted some folders on my computer. But today I found that some important files in these folders were also deleted. Where to find deleted files on Windows 10? Is it possible to recover these files?
Do you have the same question about deleting files? This tutorial solves the problem - Where to find deleted items in Windows 10? How to recover files from Recycle Bin? What to do when deleted files cannot be found in Recycle Bin?
Where to find deleted files on Windows 10?
Where to find recently deleted files on Windows 10? Don't worry, files deleted on Windows 10 computers are usually stored in Recycle Bin temporarily. The Recycle Bin is one of the system folders in the Windows operating system, and it is the last line of defense against users deleting files.
Recycle Bin is mainly used to store various files such as documents, folders, pictures, shortcuts, and other files that are temporarily deleted by users. Files stored in the Recycle Bin still take up disk space and can be recovered. If you don't empty the Recycle Bin, deleted files will always be kept here.
How to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin
After knowing where to find deleted documents on PC, let's see how to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin.
Step 1. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop to open it.
Step 2. Find the files you deleted and right-click them to select Restore.
Why are deleted files not in Recycle Bin?
Do you find that some files cannot be found in the Recycle Bin, even if you did not empty them? If the deleted files are not found in Recycle Bin, can they still be recovered? When the Recycle Bin can’t solve the problem of where are deleted files on Windows 10, it could be for the causes as follows:
#1. Delete the files using the Shift + Delete shortcut or via the Command Prompt.
- Deleting files through a shortcut key or Command Prompt can skip the Recycle Bin and be completely deleted.
#2. Deleted files were stored on a USB flash drive or SD card.
- When a file stored on the local drive is deleted, Windows only changes the location of the file from its original location to the Recycle Bin. But when you delete a file stored on a USB flash drive or SD card, Windows may not transfer the file to Recycle Bin but delete the file permanently.
#3. Deleted files are much larger than the maximum size of the Recycle Bin.
- If the size of the deleted items is larger than that of Recycle Bin or if the recycle bin is already full of other files, Windows will ask if you want to delete the file permanently. If you confirm it, files will be erased permanently.
#4. Deleted files or folders are hidden and cannot be accessed in Recycle Bin.
- You can locate hidden files: Open Windows File Explorer > Go to the View tab > Click Options > Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
#5. Recycle Bin has been disabled.
- Windows users disabled Recycle Bin will result in the files being completely deleted directly. How to enable Recycle Bin on PC: Right-click the Recycle Bin icon > Choose Properties > Switch the option from Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin to Custom size, and click OK to confirm it.
Recover deleted files without Recycle Bin on Windows 10
If you cannot find deleted files in the Recycle Bin, are they unrecoverable? Of course not. Professional data recovery software can help you solve this problem. MyRecover is one of the most experienced file recovery tools that can help you to recover completely deleted files in three simple steps, either for your local drive, external hard drive, or SD card.
It can recover deleted ZIP files, pictures, videos, and other 200+ types of data easily.
With a pretty high recovery rate, it scans the data on the hard drive with a combination of quick scan and deep scan methods without missing anything and restores files in a short time.
It also offers to recover data from formatted disks and rescue files easily after a system crash, virus attack, etc.
Follow the guide below to learn how to recover files in Windows 10 when deleted files can’t be located in Recycle Bin.
Step 1. Install and run MyRecover on your computer.
Step 2. Select a partition where you deleted files to scan and click Start Scan.
Step 3. Navigate to the folders/files that you want to restore in the scanned file list, select them, and tap on Recover xx files.
- You can directly search and find your lost files in the search box for easy recovery. The Filter feature can also help you locate certain types of data effortlessly.
Step 4. Select a storage path for restored files and wait for the recovery to complete.
Where to find deleted files on Windows 10? When you find that a file has been deleted by mistake, Recycle Bin should be the first place you check. If unfortunately the files are completely deleted or not saved in Recycle Bin, you can try to use data recovery software like MyRecover to get data back simply.
Actually, the best way to prevent files from being mistakenly deleted, damaged, or lost is to back up your data regularly. For this, you can use AOMEI Backupper to create copies of your Windows files to online storage services, local drives, and network-attached storage devices to keep your data safe.