How to Recover Deleted GIF Images?
Learn to recover deleted GIF images from Windows and iPhone via different solutions in this article. Besides, there’re some related GIFs and GIF recovery tips.
Is it possible to recover deleted GIF images?
Social media platforms have become a hub for captivating visuals like images, emojis, and memes. Among these, GIFs have skyrocketed in popularity, becoming a prevalent form of moving images with animations. You have likely accumulated a substantial collection of GIFs on your device or USB storage if you’re a fan.
But sometimes, accidental deletion and the fear of accidental deletion or the unfortunate loss of GIFs may haunt you.
Hey, folks! I need your help! I deleted some GIF images from my Recycle Bin and later realized I needed some of them. But I can’t find them in the Recycle Bin, and I’m freaking out. Are there any ways or software you can recommend to recover deleted GIFs? If you have any personal experience or recommended photo recovery software for Windows, please let me know. Thanks a million!
But fear not! It’s possible for you to recover deleted GIFs so that you can reclaim those precious moments captured in animated glory.
Reasons behind missing GIF files
Several factors can cause the disappearance of GIF images from your computer or other storage devices. Here are some prevalent causes.
Accidental Deletion: This is the most frequent reason for experiencing missing GIF images. Typically, accidentally/recently deleted files can be restored from your Recycle Bin.
Hardware issues: Problems associated with the hard disk, such as bad sectors or partition complications, may lead to the loss of stored GIF images.
Virus or malware attacks: GIF images can be corrupted or even deleted as a result of a virus or malware attack.
Please read further to get the corresponding ways to recover deleted GIFs on Windows and iOS devices.
Part 1. How do I recover a deleted GIF on Windows?
So how to recover deleted GIF images? As stated earlier, it’s easy to restore accidentally and recently deleted GIF images from your desktop Recycle Bin before emptying them.
So this section is designed to help you recover permanently deleted GIF images.
Option 1. Restore permanently deleted GIF images via Backup and Restore
As the name suggests, a prepared backup is essential to the restoration process. If you’ve created regular backups with Windows Backup and Restore, you can make good use of this feature to restore your desired GIF images.
- Backup and Restore made its debut in Windows 7 operating system.
Step 1. Type “System and Security” in the search bar to open it. Then select “Restore files from backups” under the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) tab.
Step 2. Click the “Restore my files” button.
Step 3. Select “Browse for files” to locate your desired GIF images > click Next.
Step 4. You can restore your selected GIFs to their original location or set a new saved path > click Restore.
Option 2. Recover deleted/missing GIFs via photo recovery software
Since many non-tech users won’t take the initiative to learn computer skills like making backups, it’s not surprising that they don’t have backups.
Without backups, you might have no recourse but to use a professional third-party tool like MyRecover. Supported by AOMEI Tech, this powerful photo recovery tool is good at recovering deleted and missing images (GIF, PNG, JPG, ORF, BMP, etc.) from local hard drives.
- Please avoid loading new GIFs and other new data to your Windows because newly added files could overwrite your deleted and missing GIFs. After overwriting, it can decrease the GIF recovery rate.
- After photo recovery, please store your recovered GIF files in another path instead of the original drive.
- MyRecover can help you recover 30 MB of files for free each time. If you only need to recover one GIF image within 30 MB, you do not need to pay for it.
- To recover a large number of deleted/missing files from local hard drives, upgrading MyRecover is a better and more cost-effective choice.
- ★Highlights of MyRecover:
- All-inclusive: Handle data loss scenarios such as deletion, disk formatting, system crashes, or virus attacks.
- High-efficiency: Recover 200+ types of files such as images, Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, WPS files, folders, compressed files, videos, audio, songs, and websites from HDDs, USB sticks, SD cards, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed files.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Download and install MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Sever PC!
Step 1. Run MyRecover on your Windows> select the drive that saves your needed GIFs before deletion > click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover will automatically run Quick and Deep Scan to scan your selected C drive and display all the recoverable files.
You can preview or filter your needed GIF image files according to Document Type, Name, Date, or Path.
- Name: Type the filenames of your desired files to narrow the search area.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files folder and select your desired GIFs. Then click “Recover x files” to start the GIF recovery process.
Part 2. How do I recover a deleted GIF on my iPhone?
Likewise, some users are wondering where do permanently deleted photos go on iPhone because they’re eager to recover deleted GIFs from their iOS devices.
In general, if you’ve created regular iCloud/iTunes backups and can ensure your selected iCloud/iTunes backup includes your desired GIF images, you can restore your iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup.
Otherwise, you can also seek help from powerful iOS data recovery software like MyRecover for iOS to recover permanently deleted GIF images.
- ★Key features:
- You can begin iPhone data recovery if you can boot your iPhone.
- Preview all the data and recover the partial files like Photos to your iPhone.
- You don’t have to restore your iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backups and erase all the current data on your iPhone.
- Recover 10+ types of data: Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Calendars, Call History, Voice Memos, etc.
- Support iOS 15/16/17 and work with most types of iPhones like iPhone 13/14/15.
Don’t hesitate to download MyRecover for iOS to perform GIF recovery!
Step 1. After running it, connect your iPhone to this computer.
Step 2. “Trust your Computer” on your iPhone and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. Under the Photos tab, select your desired GIFs from all the recoverable photos and “Recover” them.
FQ&A about GIFs & photo recovery tips
How to recover deleted GIF images from Windows and iOS devices? You can find the corresponding answers from the above content. Besides, there’re some related GIF tips for you.