[4 Easy Solutions]: My Music Files Have Disappeared
On this page, 4 efficient solutions to the “My music files have disappeared” issue are provided. After reading, you can choose the most suitable method for yourself.
User case: My music files have disappeared!
The music files on my Window Media Player, my computer, and my external hard drive have all disappeared. I might understand if they were downloaded from places like Amazon, but these songs/albums were ripped from CDs to my computer. This even happened on my external hard drive, where I thought I had backed up the files. By the way, I have Windows 10. any suggestions, technical advice, would be appreciated.
Music is an important part of our lives. Many users like playing music on their computers, so you will store many music files on your computers for convenience. But your music files are not absolutely safe. You may have encountered this situation as well: “my music files have disappeared!”
Why are your audio files disappearing? Maybe your storage device is corrupted, or your files are accidentally deleted. Also, an interruption during file transferring can also make your audio files disappear. So, how to recover deleted music? There are 4 different solutions in this article, please keep reading.
4 ways to recover disappeared music files
To recover music files, we prepared 4 efficient methods on it. You can choose a suitable way to get your music file back according to the situation you met.
Way 1. Recover disappeared music files from Recycle Bin
First, here comes a simple way to find your disappeared music files - recover them from Recycle Bin easily. If your music files are recently disappeared and you have not done anything to your Recycle Bin files, then your music files are likely to be recovered from Recycle Bin. Here is the easy guide to do it:
1. Open the Recycle Bin on your PC. Find your music files here.
2. Then, right-click on the file to choose Restore in the pop-up window. Then, your disappeared music files will be recovered to the original location.
Way 2. Recover disappeared music files from backup
How to retrieve deleted music? If you are in the habit of regularly backing up your computer files and you have activated Windows File History on your PC before, you can recover lost files easily from backups. Follow the steps below to recover your disappeared music files:
1. Go to the Windows menu and choose Control Panel > System and Security > File History in turn.
2. Choose Restore personal files on the left menu. Please make sure your File History is activated.
3. Choose your music file here, and press the restore icon to recover it.
Way 3. Recover disappeared music files with Windows File Recovery
If no music files are found in Recycle Bin and backups, you can consider using a recovery tool to recover deleted files not in Recycle Bin and backups. Windows File Recovery is a command-line tool for Windows 10 build 19041 and later versions of Windows operating systems. It is likely to recover your disappeared music files using it.
Since it is a command-line tool, you need to learn something about the command lines. First, the basic command is winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
Next, please make sure the File system by right-clicking on your storage device in This PC and choosing Properties.
After that, you can choose the suitable mode using the file system according to the table below:
Steps to use Windows File Recovery
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Store to click the Get button to install the Windows File Recovery app on your PC.
2. In the Windows menu, find Windows File Recovery, and choose Run as administrator.
3. Please type the correct command line and tap Enter, for example, input winfr D: E: /extensive /n *mp3*. This means recovering .mp3 files from D drive to E drive. Click Y to continue. After the recovery process finishes,you can see your disappeared music files in the target location.
Way 4. Recover disappeared music files via an easy file recovery tool
Once your music files disappeared, you may ask that how do I recover lost music files? A direct and efficient way is to use an easy data recovery tool like MyRecover.
MyRecover is a professional file recovery software, which supports to recover more than 200 types of data including music files, photo files, video files, webpages, emails, etc. It can help you to recover files from all kinds of situations like accidental deletion, system crash, and more.
Compared with other ways to recover disappeared music files, AOMEI Data Recovery has its own advantages:
- Available in NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, ReFS in Windows 11/10/8/7 & Windows Server.
- Support to recover files from SSD/HDD/USB/SD card and many other storage devices.
- Provide a user-friendly graphical interface and simple operating steps.
- High recovery speed and recovery rate.
If you want to recover your disappeared music files quickly, just click on the Download Software button to install MyRecover on your PC. Then follow the easy 3-step guideline to recover your music files.
1. On the home page, click the partition or disk where your music files disappeared. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your disappeared music files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically. You can input your music filename in the search box or use the Filter feature to locate your music files quickly.
3. You can select a new location to store your music files. Then, click on the Recover X files button to recover your disappeared music files.
To sum up
If you met the “my music files have disappeared” problem, hope this tutorial can help you to recover your music files successfully. And the easiest way is to use a professional data rescue software like MyRecover, which can help you to recover MP3 files and other types of files with a few clicks.