How to Recover Data from Crashed Windows 7?
How to recover data from crashed Windows 7? Check out this tutorial to perform computer crash recovery and get back data easily and safely.
What happens to data if a computer crashes?
Have you ever met a situation when the software or the operating system just stopped working, suddenly shut itself, and left you the desktop or a black/blue screen? This is called a system crash.
To be more specific, in the context of computing, a system crash refers to the malfunction status of a computer OS or software. And the symptom is that the application/operating system stops working/shutting improperly.
For instance, you might also meet program crashes, like Excel crashes, and need to recover Excel files after crash.
If unfortunately, before the crash, you were working on your work and writing data to the hard drive, the work you have done is very likely to get lost, which is the last thing that Windows users want to see.
But this isn’t a rare case. Plenty of users have reported that they met the system crash and lost their data, and want to know how to recover files after Windows crash.
How to retrieve data from crashed hard disk
Pls tell me how to retrieve data from my laptop - hp g6 pavilion i5 after the hard disk has crashed.
- Question from Why a system crash will occur? See the discussion in the next section.
What causes a system to crash?
Before fixing the problem of how to recover data from crashed Windows 7, learning about the causes is also necessary.
Systems crashes won’t come with no clues nor come from nowhere. It does have multiple causes.
- Malware/viruses infection. Infected by viruses, Trojans, malware, etc., can get your computer and the data in danger.
- Physical damage. If the delicate assembly/components get damaged, e.g., head crash, the data on it might get corrupted/lost, and the damage can range from mild to intense.
- Power surges. Power surges can disproportionately affect the hard drive, interfering with the data write-in process and leading to data loss.
- Registry damage. Registry bear on the operation and performance of the computer, if damaged, misplaced, or corrupted, can lead to severe system crash and data loss.
- Update issue. Some users also have found computer won’t start after Windows update, making them lose access to their data.
- Circuit board crash.
System crashes caused by physical damage are extremely hard for ordinary users to cope with, please send the hard disk to a nearby data recovery service.
How to recover data from crashed Windows 7?
If you are now being bothered by a system crash and want to recover data from crashed hard drive, some practicable fixes and solutions are covered in this part.
You need to estimate the status of the hard drive. If the computer is now bootable, then the easy and efficient data recovery software can offer help;
If it is unbootable, please check the fixes in the second section.
Recover data from crashed hard drive in Windows 7 efficiently
As discussed above, system crashes sometimes can lead to severe data loss since the system will shut out of a blue, leaving you no time to save your work in progress.
At this time, a professional Windows data recovery tool will be a better bet to help you retrieve lost data from crashed Windows 7.
You might as well choose MyRecover, designed by the leading benchmark of the data security industry. Using it saves your precious time and ensures data security and no further potential damage to the disk.
With the help of this comprehensive app, data recovery from crashed computer won’t be a trouble for you anymore.
Perform data recovery from crashed Windows 7 efficiently
- Offer all-inclusive data recovery solutions, applying to system crashes, deletion, disk formatting, Recycle Bin emptying, etc.
- Restore lost and deleted data from internal/external hard drives in 3 steps.
- Deleted data could be retrieved with the original format/filename/path intact.
- 200+ kinds of recoverable data, including photos, videos, office files, zip files, etc.
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10/11 & Server.
Step 1. Install and run the program > select the affected hard drive > Start Scan.
Step 2. While scanning, you could use filters like Size, Path, Type, etc., to target the wanted files.
Step 3. Select what you want to restore > click Recover x files. Or go to Other missing files > choose a certain type to restore.
Thus the problem of how to recover data from crashed Windows 7 will be settled properly.
In addition to systems crashes, this app can also deal with disk formatting, and help you recover data from formatted hard drive.
Fixes to perform computer crash recovery if unbootable
If unluckily, your computer is now unbootable, stuck in the starting screen, BSOD, or showing you some error info, some fixes might be necessary.
1. Restart PC
Restarting Windows 7 will be the first option when some errors or issues occur. Try to restart your computer properly and normally.
Please do not force restart your computer to avoid making further possible damage.
2. Advanced Boot Options
If restarting doesn’t work:
Step 1. Try to remove all the newly installed hardware/software which may carry viruses or lead to conflicts.
Step 2. Then restart the computer > press F8 repeatedly > enter Advanced Boot Options > Last Known Good Configuration.
3. Uninstall the affected hard drive
If the method above still does not help, you might have to uninstall this hard drive and connect it to another bootable PC to fetch your data.
Please remember that before entering the Windows, please enter the BIOS to check the boot order. You need to make sure the Windows will be booted from the original drive but not the connected damaged one.
>> Please press the BIOS key which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL according to different manufacturers.
In this tutorial, you have learned how to recover data from crashed Windows 7 when the computer is bootable or not.
To cope with data loss in various situations, more info is prepared.