Full Guide: How to Perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD Upgrade
You can learn why perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrade and the best cloning software for Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrade as well as how to achieve it. Keep reading for more details.
Why Perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD Upgrade?
Now more and more users want to upgrade their hard drives to solid state drives. SSD is the abbreviation of solid state drive, which is a new generation of computer data storage devices. Compared with ordinary mechanical hard drives, it has faster read and write speeds, which can greatly improve the operating speed of the system and bring a better experience to users.
The easiest way to upgrade a disk is to clone the source disk to SSD. Disk cloning is the process of making a 1:1 copy of the contents of the source disk, and you will not lose any data. If you want to know why you should perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrade, you can keep reading, this article summarizes the following common reasons for you.
- Solve insufficient disk space: The source disk is used up and needs to be replaced with a larger SSD.
- Avoid data loss: When the y source disk fails unexpectedly, it needs to be replaced by a cloned SSD to avoid data loss.
- Improve performance: Use the original hard drive as the storage disk and the new SSD as the boot disk. Boot your PC from a cloned SSD for improved performance.
The Best Cloning Software for Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD Upgrade
After knowing the reason, this article will introduce you to the best cloning software to help you complete Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrade efficiently. It is the professional cloning software AOMEI Backupper Professional. It supports various SSD brands and various SSD types, and many people choose to use it for NVME swaps because of the faster read and write speeds of this SSD.
This disk cloning software can also let the cloning task run in the background, so you don't have to close the applications you are using during the cloning process. It is suitable for a variety of Windows operating systems, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista.
- Secure boot: After cloning, you can boot your computer directly from the cloned SSD. For example, if you cloned an NVME disk, after cloning, you only need to modify the boot order in the BIOS to make NVME boot.
- Intelligent clone: By default, the Intelligent Clone feature will only clone used sectors on the source disk, so you can easily clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD.
- SSD alignment: When you clone an SSD, this function can help you speed up the read and write functions of the SSD and make it perform better.
How to Perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD Upgrade
After learning about this best cloning software, you can start the cloning process of Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrade according to the graphic tutorial below. Before starting, you need to connect the target SSD to your computer and make sure your computer recognizes it. Then back up important files on the target SSD, as the cloning process will delete everything on the target disk.
Next, download and install this professional disk cloning software. If you are a Windows Server user, then AOMEI Backupper Server is more suitable for you.
Step 1. Open AOMEI Backupper Professional, install it, and open it. Click Clone > Disk Clone.
Note: Professional edition supports cloning both data disks and systems disks from MBR to MBR/MBR to GPT, or GPT to GPT/GPT to MBR. If you only want to clone data disks, you can pick the complete free Standard edition.
Step 2. Choose your old HDD as the source disk.
Step 3. Choose your SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment to make the disk’s reading and writing speed faster. Confirm your operations and click Start Clone.
- Edit Partitions: You can change the partition size when your target disk is larger than the source disk.
- Sector By Sector Clone: If your target disk is equal to or larger than the capacity of the source disk, this function allows you to clone all sectors on the source disk so that you can avoid losing hidden partitions during the cloning process.
This article explains why you should perform Lenovo Ideapad L340 SSD upgrades and how to achieve it with the best cloning software, AOMEI Backupper Professional. Whether you want to clone a small disk to a large one or clone a large disk to a small one, this software can easily achieve the goal. What's more, after cloning, you can successfully boot your computer from the cloned SSD.
Apart from that, it is a safe and reliable backup and restore software. It provides system backup, partition backup, disk backup, and file backup to fully protect your data security. You can download this software to explore more.