Need automatic backup software for external hard drive
Nowadays, due to the painful experience of data loss, many people start to realize the importance of backup, especially for important working documents or precious memories of family members. In this case, it's suggested to find the best automatic external hard drive backup software and backup files to external hard drive, even if you ask a professional for the same answer. Below are the reasons that account for this:
First, the backup drive is universal and flexible. You can purchase any external storage regardless of its types and size, it can be a larger disk or smaller disk, or a combination, and take it everywhere if you need to use it.
Second, it helps you avoid data loss. On the hand one hand, external hard drives like USB flash drive, HDD, SSD are far away from computer failure, for example, system crash, hard disk failure, fire, virus, etc. Because they are not inside the computer. On the other hand, it will create a backup image automatically to prevent data loss due to forgetting to backup after you make any change.
Easiest automatic backup software for external hard drive
Since "Backup and Restore(Windows 7)" and "File History" is the priority choices for many users, you can choose to backup files to external hard drive with one of them. But if you want to backup files from external drive or achive both purposes, try the best automatic backup software for Windows 10 to external hard drive - AOMEI Backupper Professional.
With it, you can backup files, system, disk, partition, and enjoy many useful features during this process.
- Run backup task automatically in daily, weekly or monthly, or use event trigger and USB plug in, even during off-peak hours. The last one allows you to automatic backup external hard drive or files to it when it's plugged in.
- Backup only changed files with incremental or differential backup, thereby saving disk space.
- Password encrypt backup image to add an extra layer of data security.
- Delete old backup image regularly with one of the automatic backup cleanup methods to free up disk space completely.
- Restore files from backup or other backup images corresponding. The selective file restore and universal restore are supported.
Besides, it has great compatibility with the storage device and Windows system. Except for external drive, it still allows you to backup to USB flash drive, network drive, NAS etc in Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server.
To get started, please download this software to backup external hard drive or files to it!
How to automatic backup files to external hard drive in Windows 10 effortlessly
To backup files to external hard drive automatically, please prepare an external hard disk in advance.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional after installing. Then, click "Backup" -> "File Backup" in order.
Note: If you want to backup external hard drive with everything on, you could use "Disk Backup" under the Backup tab.
Step 2. Click "Add File" or "Add Folder" to select files or folders you want to backup.
Step 3. Click where the arrow point and select the external drive or USB drive as backup location.
Step 4. Set "USB Plug in" schedule backup" if the target drive is an USB drive. It's the easiest way to backup files to or from USB, you just need to plug it in when you want to backup, NOT always connected. And it will backup only changed files automatically with incremental backup by default.
Note: Since the incremental backups are linked to each other, so if any one of them is corrupted, you cannot restore files from backup. Consider this, it will be a better choice to use differential backup as backup methd for this task.
Step 5. No matter which schedule backup you use, the backup disk full issue will occur unless you enable the "Backup Scheme" feature to delete image files. For deletion rule, you have 3 options in the following. And then, click "Start Backup" to run automatic backup software for external hard drive.
- By quantity: You can set the number of backup sets and then delete old backups automatically after exceeding the specified value. By default, one backup set is 1 full backup and 6 incremental or differential backups.
- By time: You can set the number of backups based on daily, weekly or monthly. When it exceeds the number, all the previous backups will be deleted.
- By daily/weekly/monthly: You can keep different backup types within days, weeks, months, corresponding to all backups, all full backups, and one full backup per month respectively. Then after a set number of months only remaining full backups will be deleted as well.
★ How to backup files to AOMEI Cloud
There is a growing trend to backup files to cloud storage. Compared to an external hard drive, cloud is a safer place to keep your important files because it is less subject to getting lost or damaged. Create an AOMEI account and then you can backup files to AOMEI Cloud. You'll get 1TB free storage for 15 days after you sign up for an AOMEI account.
AOMEI Backupper Professional is the easiest automatic backup software for external hard drive, and with it, you can choose to backup files to or from external hard drive using USB plug-in feature. It is the easiest feature if your external hard drive is a USB drive.
With it, you don't need to always connect USB drive in order not to miss any changes in a scheduled task. And it will backup all the changes at the next time you plug it into your computer.
Also, it is capable of performing automatic backup external hard drive with its "Disk Backup" feature, and providing other backup solutions, including "System Backup" and "Partition Backup". They also enjoy all the scheduled backup settings.