What is Samsung Auto Backup?
Samsung Auto Backup is a free backup software built-in Samsung external hard drive, which helps you to backup files and folders to Samsung external hard drive in Windows XP, Vista, and 7. It provides full backup and incremental backup to backup files/folders. This freeware is motivated to backup (copy) source files or folders to Samsung external hard disk like Samsung Portable SSD T5, M3 Portable, etc. And you could use the data immediately after backup, it’s kind of copy.
However, you could not install Samsung Auto Backup in Windows 10. Or you will get the error: This runs on Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7. Please check your OS. You may use best free Samsung Auto Backup alternative in Windows 10.
How to Use Samsung Auto Backup in Windows XP/Vista/7?
To backup your files and folders in Windows XP/Vista/7, connect your Samsung external hard drive with your computer and install Samsung Auto Backup. you could follow the steps to create a backup task with Samsung Auto Backup:
1. Open Samsung Auto Backup, and it will notify you: No backup device is currently set, hit OK to create a backup task.
2. The program will automatically select the Samsung external hard drive as the destination to save files and folders, and click Next.
3. Set a SafetyKey (your password) and input Hint to protect your backed up data and the backup device, and then click Next.
4. Set the Task Log Options for the backup task, and click Next >>.
5. Customize file filter options, and click Next >>.
6. Set the schedule backup task by clicking Add... to specify the time you would like to backup.
7. And then choose files to backup at the Select Backup Source section.
When close the Samsung Auto Backup window, it will automatically backup files and folders as you set. Besides, the default backup mode is Real-Time Auto Run Mode.
However, there is no way to backup data using Samsung Auto Backup in Windows 10. What should you do? Samsung Data Migration software could be one of the choices. Nevertheless, you might encounter the Samsung Data Migration cloning failed problem. Or you could try Windows 10 backup and restore or file history to backup files on regular basis, but what to do if Windows 10 backup keeps failing.
So, You’d better turn to the third-party Samsung auto backup software for help.
Best Free Samsung Auto Backup Software - AOMEI Backupper
The best free Samsung data migration software - AOMEI Backupper Standard could give you more flexible ways to backup data to Samsung external hard disk in Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Why it’s the best free Samsung Auto Backup alternative, the reasons listed below:
Flexible backup source: You could backup all files and folders, partition(s), entire hard disk, even Windows operating system, installed programs.
Multiple destination types: You are allowed to backup to local disk, external hard disk, NAS, USB flash drive, CD/DVD, cloud drive, etc. Not only to Samsung external hard disk, but also other brands of HDD or SSD, like Seagate, Toshiba, Western Digital (WD), etc.
More data backup strategy: Apart from backup and restore, it offers you clone and sync feature, and other tools for you to enhance the ability to backup.
Friendly GUI and intuitive interface. Compared with Samsung Auto Backup, AOMEI Backupper Standard is easy to use.
Create Automatic Folder Backup in Windows 10
To create Samsung auto backup folders in Windows 10, try AOMEI Backupper Standard with Basic Sync feature. Now, please connect your Samsung external hard drive to your Windows 10 computer, and download Samsung auto backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to install. The detailed steps are listed below:
1. One the main interface, click Sync -> Basic Sync.
2. Tap + Add Folder button to choose the folders and files in Windows 10 to backup.
3. Select the Samsung external hard disk as the destination.
4. Click Schedule to run the Samsung automatic backup via once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, or USB plug in.
5. Click Start Sync >> to realize Samsung PC auto backup in Windows 10.
Real-time Sync is another powerful features available in AOMEI Backupper Professional, which helps you automatically sync the changed files or folders in the source directory to the destination immediately as they changed, and always keep the data up to date.
There are two ways to create Samsung auto backup in Windows 10: Samsung Auto Backup and the Samsung auto backup alternative - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Besides, you could create Samsung cloud auto backup with AOMEI Backupper, create Windows 10 incremental or differential backup to save your storage space instead of full backup. Try Disk Clone to upgrade HDD to SSD without reinstalling everything, create system backup in case of system failure, etc.
To protect unlimited computers within your company, AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus could be your best choice.