How to Install Windows Server 2022-Step by Step Guide
This article will guide how to install Windows Server 2022 and find the best software to protect your Windows Server 2022. Please read on.
Overview of Windows Server 2022
Released on August 18, 2021, Windows Server 2022 brings many innovations based on the Windows 2019 foundation. And Server 2022 has the following innovations:
1. Security: Windows Server 2022 provides defense-in-depth protection for servers.
2. Azure hybrid integration: You can increase your agility with build-in hybrid capabilities and extend your data centers more easily and efficiently.
3. Application platform: It improves several platforms for Windows Containers. And the image size of the Windows Container is reduced so you can start up faster.
As the latest system, Windows Server 2022 also has certain requirements for computer hardware:
1. CPU: 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor that supports NX, DEP, CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW.
2. RAM: 2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option.
3. Disk: 32 GB free space at least.
4. Network: An Ethernet adapter capable of at least 1 gigabit per second throughput. Compliant with the PCI Express architecture specification.
If your computer meets the minimum hardware requirements, you can install Windows Server 2022.
How to install Windows Server 2022-Step by step guide
Before installing Windows Server 2022, it is recommended that you make a backup of your computer system. In case there are problems with the system during the installation. Or if you are not used to Windows Server 2022, then you can go back to the previous system by backup image.
Backup your system before installation
Here is the best professional software to backup your system-AOMEI Backupper Server. It can help you backup your systems and it supports Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012/2008/2003.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper Server. If you want to install Server 2022 to multiple computers for your company you can choose AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus.
Step 2. Launch this software and click Backup > System Backup.
Step 3. Select the destination path. The related system partitions will be selected by default. Confirm your operations and click Start Backup.
- It is recommended to backup to an external hard disk, USB drive, or CD/DVD. So that you can easily restore your system image to your computer.
Install Windows Server 2022
Now let’s learn how to install Windows Server 2022 from USB. You need at least an 8GB USB drive.
Step 1. You can visit the Microsoft Evaluation Center to get Windows Server 2022 ISO download.
Step 2. Plug your USB flash into your PC and transfer the Windows Server 2022 ISO to your USB.
Step 3. Restart your computer and press your BIOS key to boot your Server to BIOS. Then configure the server’s boot sequence to boot from USB first. Save your changes and exit BIOS.
Step 4. After booting from USB, you will see the startup screen with Windows Server 2022 installation. Then you can choose the language and click Next.
Step 5. Click Install Now to begin the installation process.
Step 6. Select the operating system you want to install. Here I will choose Windows Server 2022 Standard (Desktop Experience).
- You must choose the same version as the previous system. Otherwise, it will not be activated and you will need to purchase the license key again.
Step 7. Check I accept the license terms and then click Next.
Step 8. Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
Step 9. Select the hard drive you want to install Windows Server 2022 from USB. Then click Next.
Step 10. Now the installation will begin and can patiently wait for the process. After installation, click Restart now.
Finally, you will finish customizing settings and then you can enter your Window Server 2022.
- You can also install Windows Server 2022 on VMware or Hyper-V virtual machines.
After Windows Server 2022 is successfully installed, you can try to run the system for several days. If you find that you are not used to or do not like the latest Server 2022, you can restore your previous system from the backup image via AOMEI Backupper Server.
If you enjoy Windows Server 2022, you can continue to use the software to protect your computer. AOMEI Backupper Server provides other useful features:
- You can backup your Windows Server 2022 regularly. This software can help you to backup Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Event triggers and USB plug in via Backup Schedule.
- And in Backup Scheme, three backup methods are provided, you can choose Incremental and Differential Backup. With so many backup images, you can also enable automatic backup cleanup to help you delete old images to free up storage space.
Windows Server 2022 is so fascinating that boasts many new features. Many people want to try it. This guide shows you in detail how to install Windows Server 2022 from USB. I hope it can help you. Before upgrading, it is recommended to use AOMEI Backupper Server to backup your system in case of any errors during the installation.
And after the upgrade, it can also help you to backup your system regularly and protect your business data. Besides, this professional software can clean up old backup images and save disk space. Download and explore more functions!