“How to create a Windows 10 full backup to get my Windows 10 system get protected all the time. I am not familiar with Windows 10 backup utility, what should i do? Please help.”
If you encounter the problem, don’t worry, here we will describe the details on how to make full backup in Windows 10 computer. Now, you have the following two ways to make full backup in Windows 10.
How to Create Windows 10 Full Backup?
To backup Windows 10 OS, you have two ways to create Windows 10 complete backup:
Way 1: Create a system image with Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
Although Windows 10 offers you two backup utility: File History, Backup and Restore (Windows 7). File History can only backup files, Backup and Restore can do more, know differences of the two, please refer to File History vs Backup.
1. Input Backup Settings in Windows 10 search box, select Backup Settings and hit Enter.
2. Click Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
3. Click Create a system image at the left panel.
4. Select a destination to save the Windows 10 full image backup, and hit Next.
5. Press Start Backup button after confirming the backup settings to create a Windows 10 full system backup.
If you store Windows 10 full backup to external USB drive, you may find that create a system image not working for USB drive problem. And you can restore individual file from the Windows 10 system image file.
Besides, the Windows Backup and Restore software will show you some errors like error code 0x80042302, 0x81000019 that imply you the Windows 10 backup failed.
Way 2: Create Windows 10 Complete Backup with AOMEI Backupper
Fortunately, you could use the best free Windows 10 backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to safely create Windows 10 full backup without efforts. It’s available in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
It enables you create full backup, incremental backup with simple clicks (differential backup is available in AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher), and allows you restore selected files from the backup image file.
Here is the instructions how to make full backup in Windows 10 (create Windows 10 full backup to external drive for example).
1. Perform the Windows 10 backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, choose System Backup under Backup tab.
2. Select the external hard drive as the destination. Besides, you could store Windows 10 full image backup to local disk, or network location.
3. Hit Schedule, choose Daily in General tab, and choose Full Backup in Advanced tab, click OK.
4. Click Start Backup >> button to create a full backup in Windows 10.
Now you will get a Windows image backup file to external hard drive, please take care of the drive, restore system to normal state if required.
It’s better to create bootable media just in case the system fails to boot, you could use this bootable media to boot up your Windows 10, and then AOMEI Backupper will automatically run on your screen, use the Windows 10 full system image to restore system safely and easily.
How to Backup Windows 10 Entire Computer?
If you prefer to backup Windows 10 entire computer, another powerful feature could do you a big favor - Disk Backup. Here is how to operate:
1. Select Disk Backup at the Backup section.
2. Click Add Disk to add Windows 10 system disk as source. Rename the Task Name if need be.
3. Then select an external hard drive to save the Windows 10 disk image backup.
4. Hit Schedule, choose Daily in General tab, and choose Full Backup in Advanced tab, click OK.
5. Press Start Backup >> to create a Windows 10 full disk backup easily.
How to make full backup in Windows 10? two ways included in this article, crate a full system image with Backup and Restore (Windows 7), and Create Windows 10 full system backup with AOMEI Backupper. If you prefer to backup Windows 10 entire computer, please try Disk Backup or Disk clone features.
Furthermore, If you would like to protect unlimited PCs and Servers within your company, please try AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus.