The Best Free Crucial SSD Data Transfer Software
You will get the best free Crucial SSD data transfer software and learn how to use it for transferring data to Crucial SSD with secure boot. Read on for more details!
“So I recently got an SSD (CRUCIAL MX500). Is there any way to move everything from the HDD to the new SSD? What I want to know most is can I transfer the data to the Crucial SSD without reinstalling? I'm asking because my internet speed is really low and the updates, programs, games gonna take a while to download. Any help would be appreciated!”
If you also want to know how to transfer data to Crucial SSD without reinstalling, this article will share the best free Crucial SSD data transfer software. It can safely clone everything on your old hard drive to a new SSD without reinstalling. More importantly, you can safely boot from the cloned disk after cloning.
Overview of Crucial SSD
Solid-state drives are one of the most popular PC storage devices which are known for fast operating speed. Compared to hard drives, they are more durable and reliable, because SSDs have no moving parts inside. Among all kinds of SSDs, Crucial SSD is one of the best disks. It is a part of Micron - one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world. Crucial BX500, Crucial MX200, Crucial MX500, and Crucial BX100 etc are popular among the users.
About Crucial SSD install kit
If you want to transfer data from your old hard drive to Crucial SSD, the Crucial SSD install kit can help you. You can purchase it for $24.99 on its official website.
The kit includes a USB-to-SATA cable, a 3.5-inch adapter bracket, few mounting screws, and a standard SATA cable. Besides, it will provide the Acronis crucial cloning software - Acronis True Image for Crucial SSD, but it does not provide any instructions. So it is difficult for users to operate it by themselves.
What's more, you may encounter some errors when using it, such as an error on the original disk can keep Acronis from completing a clone operation, or result in boot errors trying to use the SSD after cloning. And only Crucial BX-series or MX-series SSD are supported in this software. By the way, only the Clone Disk function is available in True Image for Crucial. If you want to use other features like Backup, Sync, and Dashboard, you need to update to an unrestricted Acronis product in the official website.
In general, the install kit is not a good choice if you are looking for free and reliable Crucial SSD transfer software. At this time, you may consider using a free Crucial SSD transfer software to help you transfer data, such as AOMEI Backupper. It can transfer data to your Crucial SSD easily using disk clone feature. And when the cloning process has done, you can directly boot your computer from the disk. Please keep reading and I’ll introduce it for you in the next part.
The Best Free Crucial SSD Data Transfer Software
AOMEI Backupper Standard, as the best free Crucial SSD data transfer software, can help you transfer data including the Windows operating system, installed applications and important files etc from the old disk to Crucial SSD easily. It has many advantages below:
- Secure Boot: After cloning with AOMEI Backupper, you can boot directly from the cloned disk.
- Intelligent clone: By default, this feature will only clone used sectors, so you can clone a larger hard drive to a smaller SSD, for example, you can clone a 500GB HDD to a 250GB SSD. In addition, if your source disk contains bad sectors, this feature can automatically skip the bad sectors when cloning.
- Live clone: Since cloning tasks can be performed while Windows is running, users can use their computers normally during this time.
- SSD alignment: This feature can accelerate the reading and writing speed of your Crucial SSD.
- Different SSD types and brands: It supports many SSD types like SATA, NVMe, PCIe, M.2, U.2, etc and different SSD brands such as Crucial, Intel, Samsung, Western Digital, etc.
- Easy to use: It has a very simple interface and the steps are easy to understand, so even a green hand can easily operate it by himself.
How to Transfer Data with the Best Free Crucial SSD Data Migration Software
- Connect target disk: Connect the Crucial SSD to your computer and make sure it can be organized.
- Backup files: Backup your important files before you start cloning the old hard drive to Crucial SSD. Since the previous data on the drive will be erased during the cloning process.
- Download software: Download the best free Crucial SSD data transfer software - AOMEI Backupper Standard and install it.
When you finish preparation work, you can follow the tutorial below to transfer data to the Crucial SSD.
Step 1. Open AOMEI Backupper Standard and click Clone > Disk Clone.
If you only need to clone the OS, I suggest that you could use the System Clone feature. You can upgrade to the professional version to enjoy it.
Step 2. Choose your old hard drive as the source disk.
Step 3. Choose your Crucial SSD as the destination disk.
Step 4. Tick SSD Alignment to accelerate the reading and writing speed of the destination SSD. Then confirm your operations and click Start Clone.
- Edit Partitions: You can use this feature to change the partition size automatically or manually. It is available in the professional version.
- Sector By Sector Clone: It will clone all sectors, whether they are used or not. Therefore, you don’t worry about miss any sectors, even the hidden sector can be cloned.
As you can see, if you want to transfer data from an old disk to the Crucial SSD securely and easily, the free and professional Crucial SSD data transfer software - AOMEI Backupper Standard is your best choice.
It helps you to transfer all the data on the disk and you can make a disk clone even when the system is running. After cloning, you can boot the computer directly from the cloned disk. You can also use it to create a bootable USB disk or CD/DVD to perform the clone without loading Windows. To know more useful features, please download AOMEI Backupper and explore it by yourself!