About Corsair SSD
Everything you do with your PC uses your drives -- from startup, launching programs, loading and saving files, to shutting down. Replacing old-fashioned mechanical hard drives with modern solid-state technology makes a big difference, even on older system. Corsair SSD is a great choice giving world-class performance, value, and protection.
Standing out from other branded SSDs, you have the flexibility to decide overprovisioning space on Corsair SSD based on your own specific need. Overprovisioning, a portion of storage space on an SSD that is reserved for use only by the SSD controller, has three most common uses as wear leveling, the replacement of bad blocks and read-modify-writes. It helps to increase both the longevity and performance of SSDs.
Usually, SSD manufacturers offer SSDs with a fixed overprovisioning space built-in, but Corsair allows you to manually overprovision SSD as you wish or you can leave the drive at full capacity with no overprovisioning and enjoy the extra space.
When you own a Corsair SSD, you may wish to transfer everything from hard drive to SSD or you just want to migrate OS to SSD. No matter what‘s your situation, you need a Corsair data migration software. Corsair SSD cloning kit may jump into your mind.
Corsair SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit
As a matter of fact, Corsair provides you the SSD & Hard Disk Drive Cloning Kit to move data from HDD/SSD to a new Corsair SSD for about $30. The disk cloning kit includes:
Data migration software for Corsair SSD - EZ GIG IV cloning software.
A USB-to-SATA cable (support USB 3.0 and USB 2.0).
Quick Start Guide.
However, there are some errors while using EZ Gig IV cloning software:
1. EZ Gig IV not recognizing drive. Device not found, EZ Gig IV was unable to find your Apricorn upgrade device. Please make sure that the device is connected and powered. If the device is connected, please reconnect the device to your computer and restart EZ Gig IV.
2. You will get EZ Gig IV clone failed problem if you do not use these Apricorn Upgrade products(DriveWire, SATA Wire, Velocity Solo and EZ Upgrade). These products will cost you more.
Best free Corsair SSD cloning software
Why clone HDD/SSD to Corsair SSD with so much cost? AOMEI Backupper Standard, a powerful yet free data migration software for Corsair SSD, is highly recommended by many users due to its reliable features and zero cost. It’s designed for users to migrate data, partitions, or entire hard disk without any reinstallation, no matter what the hard drive brand is. Meanwhile, it’s available for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit).
Before you clone, do the following:
1. Prepare a Corsair USB-to-SATA cable to connect your Corsair SSD with the computer if it has only one hard drive bay, and make sure the SSD can be detected.
2. Screwdrivers to take out the back cover to replace the old HDD/SSD with Corsair SSD.
3. Please download the Corsair data migration software - AOMEI Backupper Standard first and then have a try:
How to clone HDD/SSD to Corsair SSD in Windows 7/8/10/11
Make everything ready, and then clone HDD/SSD to Corsair as follows:
1. Launch best free Corsair data migration software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “Disk Clone” under “Clone” tab.
Note: The Standard edition only supports cloning data disks. To clone a disk containing OS, please upgrade to higher editions.
2. Select your old hard drive (HDD or SSD) as source disk.
3. Select the larger Corsair SSD as destination disk.
4. Tick "SSD Alignment" option to optimize for Corsair SSD’s performance and its lifespan. Then click “Start Clone”.
There are some tips for you before clicking Start Clone:
1. You could click "Edit partitions" to adjust the partition size before cloning to fully use the destination disk storage space. Edition upgrade is needed to enjoy this feature.
2. Check "Sector by sector clone" option if you would like to clone all sectors from HDD/SSD to Corsair SSD, whether they are used sectors, bad sectors, or blank sectors.
Wait for approx one hour, and it depends on the data capacity on your source disk.
After the cloning is finished, restart your computer and press a certain key to enter BIOS to change boot order to boot from the cloned Corsair SSD. Or shut down your computer, use screwdrivers to take out the back cover, replace the old HDD/SSD with the larger cloned Corsair SSD, and then reboot.
In a word, AOMEI Backupper is a great Corsair data migration software, which allows you to successfully clone hard drive to Corsair SSD with just four simple steps and ensures secure boot. If you want to migrate only OS to Corsair SSD, you can get this job done via “System Clone” after upgrading to AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Besides, AOMEI Backupper is not only powerful disk cloning software but also specialized Windows backup and restore software to backup data, Windows operating system, entire hard disk, partitions to an image file, as well as make WinPE bootable media, etc.