Google Drive for Backup
Google Drive is an online file storage service provided by Google allowing you to save your files and access them from any device anywhere with internet connection. Anyone can sigh a free account with 15GB of only storage space. With this free 15GB cloud storage, you can save all kinds of files including backup files.
As any other online backup service, it has many advantages to backup PC to Google drive over backing up to local hard drive. For instances, you do not need to prepare additional hard drive as the backup drive, and internet connection is all needed. More importantly, even if the computer hardware fails, you can also access the backup files on another device.
Set up a new Google Drive desktop app
For PC backup, you can download the desktop application and define a google drive synchronization folder on your local drive. Then you can backup Therefore, you can use free backup software to set up an auto backup to Google Drive folder and then these files will be automatically synchronized to your Google Drive. Follow the steps below to configure the synchronization folder:
1. Go to Google Drive official site, and sign in with your Google Drive (Gmail) account.
2. Download and install the Google Drive for PC application.
3. By default, the application will create a folder: C:\Users\\Google Drive to be synchronized with Google Drive. You can also change to other locations.
How to backup computer to Google Drive
You can simply copy some files to the Google Drive sync folder. If you want a secure and more convenient backup solution, then you can use freeware AOMEI Backupper Standard that allows you to create one-time or scheduled/automatic backup. What’s more, it supports incremental backup and differential backup.
To backup to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper:
1. Download and run this free backup software on your computer.
2. Click Sync > Basic Sync.
3. On the next page, click “Add Folder” to select the data that you want to backup.
4. Click to specify the Google Drive folder as the destination location to save files.
5. Click “Schedule” to set up a schedule to run this backup automatically and repeatedly if you want to have auto backup to Google Drive. When the settings are done, click “Start Sync” to start.
When the backup is done, the backup will be automatically sync to your Google Drive in a very short while. With AOMEI Backupper, you can also use the File Sync feature to sync two folders rather than backup PC to Google Drive. By the way, if you want to use more advanced features like Dissimilar Hardware Restore, you can upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional edition.