What does automatic USB backup portable mean?
Automatic USB backup portable is a portable backup software for Windows. With it, you can directly open the program on your hard drive, USB flash drive, USB external hard disk drive, etc, and use it for backup, without running the installation first. This is very convenient for IT maintenance and support engineers.
Below are some situations you may need a portable version of backup software:
- Your computer crashes but you didn’t backup data on it.
- Need to automatically backup files and folders between computer and USB drives, or other storage devices.
- Keep two or more non-connected computers in sync using USB flash drive or other removable devices.
- Run portable backup software from removable devices, instead of the host computer.
- Batch backup data on multiple computers or deploy images for maintenance.
Best auto USB backup portable for Windows
Auto USB backup portable is very useful when you want to create a backup for your computer without installing backup software first. You could consider using AOMEI Backupper Technician. It allows you to create a portable version of this software and directly run off a USB flash drive. Then, you can use it to backup, restore, sync or clone.
- For backup, it supports daily/weekly/monthly schedule backup, event triggers, USB plug in, incremental/differential backup.
- For restore, it supports selective file restore, universal restore.
- For sync, it supports 4 sync solutions, including, basic sync, real-time sync, mirror sync, two-way sync.
- For clone, it supports intelligent clone, sector by sector clone, SSD Alignment, edit partitions.
In addition, it still has many useful tools, such as, create portable version, create bootable media, AOMEI Image Deploy, disk wipe, AOMEI Centrailized Backupper, etc.
Create auto USB backup portable with AOMEI Backupper
Here you will learn how to create auto USB backup portable with "Create Portable Version" feature in AOMEI Backupper Technician. Below are the detailed steps:
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI Backupper Tech on your computer. Then, prepare a USB flash drive and connect it too.
Step 2. Launch this software, go to Tools and select Create Portable Version.
Step 3. Select the prepared USB flash drive and click Start Creating>>. Then, you will see an installation directory named AOMEI Backupper as well as a registry tool on the target drive.
- The network path or CD/DVD is not available currently and it only supports removable devices currently.
- If you are using a server computer, it's suggested to use AOMEI Backupper TechPlus.
Run portable software directly off a USB flash drive
Step 1. Go to the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper and double-click Backupper.exe. If you have installed this software before, you will receive a prompt saying this is an expiration software, please see Step 2. If not, please see Step 4.
Step 2. (optional) Go back to the root folder AOMEI Backupper and double-click Register.exe.
Step 3. (optional) Click Register to register for the advanced edition.
Step 4. Wait a few minutes, you will see the main page of AOMEI Backupper including Home, Backup, Sync, Restore, Clone, Tools. Select one of these tabs and perform a task you like.
Perform auto USB backup with AOMEI Backupper
Step 1. Connect the USB drive with portable backup software and the backup destination. Be sure both of them are recognized.
Step 2. Click Backup and File Backup in order. If the USB drive is a bootable USB, it's a great choice to use the Disk Backup feature.
Step 3. Click Add File or Add Folder and select files on the USB drive you want to backup.
Step 4. Click the second box and select hard drive as backup destination. Also, you can backup files to USB drive, network drive, cloud drive, NAS, etc.
Step 5. Click Schedule and select any backup setting you like, then it will automatically backup files on the USB drive to hard drive at the set backup time. The default backup settings are daily incremental backup. Then, click Start Backup to create portable backup image.
- If your target drive is a USB thumb drive, you can use “USB plug in” feature to automatically copy files when USB drive connected.
- If you don’t want the backup image occupies too much disk space, you can choose to delete old backup images with “Backup Scheme” feature.
- It’s suggested to create a recovery disk in advance to boot computer in the event of a crash. If you don’t have CD/DVD or USB drive, it’s a great choice to add an entry by creating recovery environment (Go to Tools -> Recovery Environment).
- To deploy system image to new hardware, you need to use the help of AOMEI Image Deploy.
The way forward
Automatic USB backup portable is necessary for users who want to backup, restore, sync, or clone without installing backup software on the computer everytime. AOMEI Backupper Technician is a great option for you. With it, you can create a portable version of AOMEI Backupper and take it everywhere.
It is very convenient for all users, either home or professional, you just need to open this software in the installation directory when there is something need to backup. Also, you can set a scheduled backup task. For some businesses, it's also a great helper for you to deploy system image to multiple computers, saving you a lot of time setting up computers one by one.