About WD external hard drive
WD is short for Western Digital and one of the largest computer hard disk drive manufactures in the world. WD external hard drives are widely used on many popular computers such as HP and Acer... and mainly includes WD Elements Portable and My Passport Ultra. When you want to auto backup data to a WD external hard drive for data protection or data translation, a WD auto backup software will be much helpful.
What’s the WD auto backup software?
Western Digital has released a data backup software known as WD Smartware. It can be set to run automatic backup for files but not for programs or Windows operating system, and you should prepare for a bad situation that files pending backup.
Other limitations are still out there, for example, it doesn’t support Windows 10, files in use cannot be backed up, and large files consumes massive CPU resources to make your computer very slow. Therefore, we recommend you a real WD auto backup software - AOMEI Backupper.
AOMEI Backupper is a free and powerful backup software, and it supports to run auto backup for files, operating system, partition and disk at a time of day/week/ month or real-time backup or event-trigger backup to any devices including internal/external hard drive, SSD, USB, DVD/CD, NAS, etc.
In addition, it is compatible with all Windows editions and anyone can achieve tasks easily due to its intuitive interface. Next, we’d like to show you how to do Western Digital external hard drive automatic backup with it.
How to do WD external hard drive auto backup?
Suppose that you want to automatically backup your Windows operating system to a WD external hard drive in case of disk broken or system crash, in this way, you will always bring your computer back with a system backup on WD external hard drive and keep the latest change.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard.
2. Choose “System Backup” under “Backup” tab.
3. System will be selected automatically when you click system backup in previous step. Then, click where the arrow point and choose WD external hard drive as destination location.
4. Click “Schedule” to set automatic backup. In pop-up window, you can set to run the backup daily/week/monthly of an exact time, or do a real-time backup. Event-trigger backup is available as long as you upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Tip: WD external hard drive should be connected to your computer before automatic backup schedule runs. Real-time backup asks the connection all the time.
5. Click “Start Backup” to execute WD automatic backup operation.
WD external hard drive automatic backup is a good choice to protect your data well, and free AOMEI Backupper as a professional WD auto backup software is a big help. Apart from system auto backup to WD external hard drive, you can use it to sync files to external hard drive and so on as we said before. Now, it’s your turn to do so.