Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler: Schedule Reboot Guide
If you want to schedule restart with Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler, read this article to get a stepwise guide. The best Windows Server backup software is offered as well.
About Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler
Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler is a powerful feature that allows users to automate and schedule various tasks on Server 2022 system. It provides a way to manage and run tasks, scripts, programs, and other processes at specified times or in response to specific events.
The Task Scheduler in Windows Server 2022 offers several improvements and enhancements over its predecessors. Some key features and functionalities include:
- Task Creation: Users can create and define tasks using a user-friendly interface or by using command-line tools such as PowerShell or the schtasks.exe command. Tasks can be set to run once, at specific intervals, or triggered by specific events.
- Trigger Options: Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler offers a wide range of trigger options to initiate tasks. These include schedules based on specific dates and times, recurring schedules based on intervals (daily, weekly, monthly), and triggers based on system events such as user logon, system startup, or idle time.
- Advanced Actions: The Task Scheduler allows users to define advanced actions for tasks. These actions can include running scripts or programs, sending email notifications, displaying messages, creating system restore points, and more. This flexibility enables users to perform a wide range of automated tasks on their Windows Server.
- Conditions and Settings: Task Scheduler includes conditions and settings to control when and how tasks run. Users can specify conditions such as the availability of network connections, system power status, or only running the task if the computer is idle. Additionally, tasks can be configured to stop or restart if they run for a specified duration.
How to schedule restart on Windows Server 2022
There are a lot of users who want to have Windows Server schedule reboot. Follow the instructions below:
- Search “task scheduler” in Windows search. Then click on the top result to open Task Scheduler in Windows Server 2022.
- Right-click on Task Scheduler Library and click New Folder.
- Give a name to the folder like “Server Reboot” and click OK. Making a folder makes your task separate, so you can manage it easily.
- Now right-click on newly created folder and select Create Task.
- In General tab, give a task name and description. Then select Run whether user is logged on or not and Run with highest privileges.
- Now click on Triggers tab, and click the New button.
- Select On a schedule from the pull-down menu and specify date and time for restart. Here I am choosing to run this task every week on Sunday only. Then click OK.
- Now let’s go to Actions tab, click the New button to create an action.
- Type shutdown in the Program/script box. Type -r -t 60 in the Add arguments box. Then click OK.
- Now select Conditions tab and keep power settings as it if nothing needed.
- Click on Settings tab to do more configurations as necessary and click OK.
- Now you can see your task is ready to run on given schedule. If you want to run anytime, just right-click on the task and select Run.
Bonus tip: schedule a weekly backup on Windows Server 2022
To protect Server 2022 system and data, it is necessary to create a backup. Some users are looking for a way to schedule Windows Server Backup once a week. It can be achieved by the combination of Task Scheduler and Wbadmin commands. However, the way is a little troublesome and difficult for common users if they are not familiar with specific parameters.
How to create a server backup easily? The best server backup software - AOMEI Backupper Server comes to help.
- It supports various backup types, including system/disk/partition/file backup, schedule backup, incremental and differential backup.
- It offers flexible backup options. While you backup data, you can add comments for images, encrypt or split images. Also, you can set email notification to tell you a successful backup.
- It supports both Windows Server (Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012(R2)/2008(R2)/2003, etc) and Windows PC (Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP) operating systems.
Just download AOMEI Backupper and follow the steps below to schedule a weekly backup on Windows Server 2022.
Step 1. Open this program, click Backup and then choose System Backup.
Step 2. Give this backup task a name. The required system partitions are selected by default. Click the second bar to select a destination path
Step 3. Click Schedule Backup -> Enable Schedule Backup and then choose Weekly from the drop-down menu. You can also specify the day and time to run the backup.
Step 4. Review your operation and then click Start Backup to launch the process.
To sum up
Now you know how to use Windows Server 2022 Task Scheduler to schedule reboot. What’s more, to protect your server system and data, you can schedule a weekly backup on Windows Server 2022 with the best server backup software - AOMEI Backupper. You’ll be surprised to find that it is not only a backup program but also a specialized cloning tool. You can use it to clone hard drive on Windows Server 2016, etc. Try it now to discover more!